Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry but I think that's sad. Anyone here should feel safe enough to have an opinion, throw up an idea which is perhaps out of the box etc even if no one else agrees with it. It's a bloody discussion board/forum. And I do acknowledge that Snuff didn't want you to delete your post but we don't need that pressure or perceived pressure on here.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Except for that peanut bagging out brayshaw. Zero shame in having a crack at him.

Worried we are gonna lay an egg tomorrow. Got that feel to it. Hope the boys haven't been sipping the bath water after beating the Swans and thumping the Tigers.
I don’t get that vibe despite the chat on the Hawks boards that they are fielding one of their strongest teams. I think the bigger obstacle is the bloody temperature over the opposition.

We have been traveling (on the road) well.

I think it’s going to be a belter, and I know it’s playing with fire… but quietly confident the Hawks are going to hit a wall.

A Freo one!!

Last edited:
I don’t get that vibe despite the chat on the Hawks boards that they are fielding one of their strongest teams. I think the bigger obstacle is the bloody temperature over the opposition.

We have been traveling (on the road) well.

I think it’s going to be a belter, and I know it’s playing with fire… but quietly confident the Hawks are going to hit a wall.

A Freo one!!
To be fair it is one of the strongest sides Hawthorn has had out there for a while. The only significant missing piece is Lewis and Ginnivan plus maybe Blanck (whose role Frost is playing and well). The split is that Hawthorn came off a below average showing against Geelong in Geelong and prior to that had 2 months of good form, an interesting watch if the corner has turned for the wrong reasons. Freo will be confident that they can win as a top 4 fancy.

Last edited:

To be fair it is one of the strongest sides Hawthorn has had out there for a while. The only significant missing piece is Lewis and maybe Blanck (whose role Frost is playing and well). The split is that Hawthorn came off a below average showing against Geelong in Geelong and prior to that had 2 months of good form, an interesting watch if the corner has turned for the wrong reasons. Freo will be confident that they can win as a top 4 fancy.
And Ginnivan also missing

Referencing the Sydney and St Kilda games team accuracy is exactly what I’m talking about, he blew early chances in both which added to the entire team’s increased pressure to kick them which resulted in more misses.
Had he not blown those chances the team may well have kicked a lot better, Jye went back and slotted a beautiful set shot in Sydney v2 game and set the tone for the rest of our forwards to follow.
I like Voss a lot, but to seriously suggest he should play over Jye, he needs to demonstrate composure at the top level and take his chances.
Having a player in their first couple of games affected by nerves is not unusual (maybe even par for the course).

You are asking for trouble if you're allowing someone so green to set the tone. You want more experienced (and more highly talented) members of the team to be settling things down by their actions. This smooths the way for newbies to find their groove.

There are different levels of "AFL standard" essentially... under 5 games might be one of them.

I'd be inclined to take a big picture approach... and for me that would mean allowing Amiss, Treacy, Sturt etc as much time together (& licence) at the top level to gel. But it would also mean allowing players like Voss as pressure-free run at establishing their little niche in the team as possible, especially as circumstances dictate.

Except for that peanut bagging out brayshaw. Zero shame in having a crack at him.
That proves my point
And it does get to me, to be honest.
I am not one who remembers who posted what, so there aren't any grudges on my behalf, but I do tend to hold back on my opinion regarding him a lot.
But if you are someone who remembers what posters have written, & you know my posts, besides my rating of one player, most of my other posts are not hated.
Anyway, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one, so live well & obviously, Go FREO!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair it is one of the strongest sides Hawthorn has had out there for a while. The only significant missing piece is Lewis and Ginnivan plus maybe Blanck (whose role Frost is playing and well). The split is that Hawthorn came off a below average showing against Geelong in Geelong and prior to that had 2 months of good form, an interesting watch if the corner has turned for the wrong reasons. Freo will be confident that they can win as a top 4 fancy.

One of my best mates is a Hawks supporter. He has warned me of how well Day is playing this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That proves my point
And it does get to me, to be honest.
I am not one who remembers who posted what, so there aren't any grudges on my behalf, but I do tend to hold back on my opinion regarding him a lot.
But if you are someone who remembers what posters have written, & you know my posts, besides my rating of one player, most of my other posts are not hated.
Anyway, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one, so live well & obviously, Go FREO!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha I rather suspect he didn't connect (y)you.

The problem there wasn't the opinion, it was the steadfastness of refusing to accept any evidence to the contrary.

But hey each to their own.
Brayshaw has been playing a bit better but I still don't think he's back to the level he got to previously, particularly his ability to turn and get out of danger pretty incredibly, although there have been some signs recently.

I hope I'm the idiot. I suppose I just don't fully trust the team yet like I did with the 2012-2015 team. Not that they would always win but they would always show up to play and if they got beat was because they weren't good enough not because the effort wasn't there.
Looks like the dickhead is me

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back