Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

So ... no Gardy. And VDM holds his place.

No surprises there.

Looks like Darcy will do most of the ruckwork.
Or will Bevo pull a swifty and bring in Keath (who is an emergency) and give most of the ruckwork to Lobb?

Extended Sunday squad so there's no emergencies yet. Likely one of Keath or JOD are playing to allow Lobb to do most of the rucking, or at least a 50/50 split with Xerri. I think would be too big of an ask strength and fitness wise for Darcy to full time ruck against Xerri.

That line is thrown around as soon as a player gets dropped in one week. It's weak.
Dropped in one week? He’s literally been in and out of the team since Rd 14.
It’s frustrating that he’s consistently the first to be dropped after a loss while ball butchering panic merchants like VDM who couldn’t lay a tackle to save himself is afforded endless opportunities.

I wouldn't, he's useless
At least Clarke kicks a few goals in the VFL, Jones doesn't go near the ball there either
Jones has been improving steadily over the course of the season. His contest, defence and marking have all improved. He has been playing higher than in the past

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes because no play has ever looked elsewhere when not getting played at their current club.
He has not been that good and his positioning and contest around contest when given the midfield opportunity was poor

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Is West at risk of losing his spot or just a warning shot? Jones has been added to the extended bench.

He’s been reasonably quiet for a month but thought his credits were enough.
Doubt it.

Arty was good last week playing higher up the ground. If Darcy is playing ruck then we could see Naughts play a deeper forward role and Arty in his roaming role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extended Sunday squad so there's no emergencies yet. Likely one of Keath or JOD are playing to allow Lobb to do most of the rucking, or at least a 50/50 split with Xerri. I think would be too big of an ask strength and fitness wise for Darcy to full time ruck against Xerri.

JOD was the face of the announcement this week, so I’d bet he’s in.

4D719CE5-F93E-47AD-AE90-7D23B292B9EF.png

Sorry for the intrusion.

Is Macrae likely to get a full game? Mid or mid-fwd? I see he's been chopping up the VFL.

I think he will. Garcia has been playing the half forward role moving into the midfield and has been omitted. Macrae seems the logical replacement for him.

I’d suggest he will be playing the same role he has for the entirety of this season. Libba, Bont, Treloar and Richards will be the main midfield rotation. Obviously there is a chance Daniel, who has been sub the last month or so, is the Garcia replacement but I’d rather Macrae

Once English is back then it's just Harmes for VDM I think and it's our best side
Agreed. That’s how I have but who knows how Bevo feels.

Maybe he has some some spot for VDM that he can’t get rid of for dropping him for the grand final in 2021?

Agreed. That’s how I have but who knows how Bevo feels.

Maybe he has some some spot for VDM that he can’t get rid of for dropping him for the grand final in 2021?
If it came down to it and McNeil went out so VDM could stay, it's probably not a huge deal. I'd prefer McNeil though.

The people pro Vandermeer sound as though they’ve copied and pasted the arguments the were used to justify Hannan. No facts just vibes around creating space and running to put on pressure which generally don’t seem to appear in tackles or pressure acts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are providing facts and obviously the coaching group value it highly. I would not say they are pro VDM, merely stating why he keeps getting a game.

I am not anti VDM, just do not believe the evidence provided is strong enough given his lack of pressure acts, poor tackling, fumbling and poor ball use for him to consistently getting a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back