Changes v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks to me like the mix is now right.

A good blend of senior players to compliment our strong senior leaders.

Well done to TW and the selection committee :thumbsu:

That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying White doesn't get anymore then about 2/3rds gametime each week, and it might be useful for him to go back to Coburg where he can play 90% and pick up 25 touches. It would a good confidence builder and it also allows us to rotate youngster through the team. Players like Jackson and JON weren't as good as White imo, however they need more time in the team to settle.
The problem is, he isn't doing anything wrong, no need to drop someone for doing the right things, he is playing with a great mentality and certainly doesn't look to not have confidence, he is chasing, tackling, running and putting his body on the line, we can play Jackson and JON in the same side as each other, we just have to get rid of the junk before the kids.

Like many I would like...
Out: Hyde & Bowden (Hyde should have not come back & JB did not do enough as a senior player)
In: Polo & Hughes (Marco's been very solid for a month in the 2's & Cleve absolutely deserves a prolonged go)
Mentioned elsewhere that Jack & Cleve work well together in the forward half so when Richo is roaming the park, this is the go.

Would like to find Rance a start this week but unless it is McGuane I reckon it may have to wait.
Though not great, Sarge & Polak were OK and their bigger bodies may be needed for Tredrea at some stage.

:)Thinking the omission of Hyde will be a formality.
Depending on which way they go, Edwards or Polo to come in there.
Possible both will be included, with Matthew White being the unlucky guy to make way!
Not advocating it, but it's a possibilty!
have an inkling Cleve Hughes will get his chance, with either Schulz or Bowden to make way! Either one would be reasonably stiff, but think Hughes is going to get his chance.

Simmonds was terrible, no idea how he was the Vic ruckman. He may get need a weeks break.

I feel second ruckman is Polaks best position since he is not a key forward/back.

Simmo was in great form before the Biv V game. But ever since then he has looked pretty average. There's a good chance he has an injury problem

Is Polak escaping criticism or am I missing what he's contributing to the team at the moment? Looks painfully slow and lumbering, struggling to have an impact anywhere on the ground. Surely Sarge should be kept in ahead of him, at least he's putting his head over the ball and locking it in for us while he's not kicking goals.

That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying White doesn't get anymore then about 2/3rds gametime each week, and it might be useful for him to go back to Coburg where he can play 90% and pick up 25 touches. It would a good confidence builder and it also allows us to rotate youngster through the team. Players like Jackson and JON weren't as good as White imo, however they need more time in the team to settle.

Surely you can t be referring to the game v Melb RG? I'm a Matty White fan but he got seriously belted by Cam Bruce on Sunday night, almost to the point of costing us the game. That said I don't think tagging is his go.

Is Polak escaping criticism or am I missing what he's contributing to the team at the moment? Looks painfully slow and lumbering, struggling to have an impact anywhere on the ground. Surely Sarge should be kept in ahead of him, at least he's putting his head over the ball and locking it in for us while he's not kicking goals.

I though he was very good in the last qrt v melbourne. he gave us run out of defence when we were under the pump, one of the few who didnt go missing in the last IMO.

Sorry to be a foreign supporter sticking my nose in. But I cant work out the criticism of JON and even Schulz from the weekend. I thought JON was ok for his first game in a while and I think its worth giving him a few more games. Also thought Schulz was ok, took some nice grabs and if he had kicked straight might of had 3 or 4 next to his name.

Also Polak and Tambling were very good I htought. Stood up in the last quarter when the side needed it.

Good luck against the Power this week, hope you smash em! Hope Rance gets a gig to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to be a foreign supporter sticking my nose in. But I cant work out the criticism of JON and even Schulz from the weekend. I thought JON was ok for his first game in a while and I think its worth giving him a few more games. Also thought Schulz was ok, took some nice grabs and if he had kicked straight might of had 3 or 4 next to his name.

Also Polak and Tambling were very good I htought. Stood up in the last quarter when the side needed it.

Good luck against the Power this week, hope you smash em! Hope Rance gets a gig to.

Agree with you whole heartedly!

Polak, along with Tambling and of course Richo, were the three players who stood up in the last quarter when evryone else had stopped running.

I think we'll go unchanged this week, but I reckon we should bring in Rance for Moore and possibly Hughes for Schulz, although Sarge did take a few good grabs.

they need to fix up the back line. with foley going off the boil the middle is struggling it has really highlighted the problem. against the top side the midfield was good and it masked the weakness.

What the hell did he do wrong? Are you harbouring a grudge?

For me:

OUT: JON(Just doesn't have it), Hyde and Bowden

IN: Edwards, Connors and Hughes.
Yeah I guess I am harbouring a grudge. We overpaid for him, are overpaying him, he doesn't win his own ball, stop his opponent, shepherd, and for a 'designated kicker' turns it over or puts his teammates under pressure far too often.
As for JON, I thought he showed great signs. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he does have it.

Cogs was in the OP but no mention of him since. Where is he at? Did he even play for Coburg (firsts or seconds) last weekend?
I'd like to see Rance get a run but the choice would be a straight swap for McGuane and the match committee seems to like McGuane (not sure I agree).
Everyone is into Hyde but TW has made it clear if there is a run-with role for him, he'll get a game. Shaun Burgoyne would seem an obvious candidate on Saturday, he was shut down last weekend and Port were smashed (admittedly by a pretty good side) and he is a running player like Bateman, Montagna and Green, who Hyde stitched up. Would have to watch him at the clearances though because he's pretty good in there too.
I think Cleve has done anough to earn a call-up. He played Round 1 so obviously TW had him in his long-term plans. Someone said they wanted to see him string a couple of good ones together for Coburg but didn't he kick four the week before? Time to give him a shot in the ones and see if he can cut it.
Schulz would be the obvious casualty. I was much happier seeing him in attack last weekend and no one has ever questioned the guy's ability to take a contested mark. But if he can't convert, what use is he to the side? Having said that, this has been an issue for Cleve as well.
Edwards might be worth a run and I'd like to see Polo get a crack as much as anyone but can't see who would drop out unless someone is injured we don't know about.
JON was pretty handy - why would you bring him in then drop him after that effort? He's safe. Jackson didn't do a lot wrong and Polak looked more settled deep in defence, and he was one of our best in the final term. Simmonds has been disappointing but we can't play without a ruckman so forget that idea.
I'm with the others who said this is a big game and we are coming off a win, no need for wholesale changes. One or two max.

I wouldn't be suprised if we drop one of Polak/Schultz/McGuane this week. Port Adelaide have a comparitvly small and mobile foward line. Tredrea doesn't do much these days and the Lade/Brogan combination up foward has barley fired a shot all season.

I'm all for bringing Hughes back into the team, but currently I don't know if there is a spot for him. Hyde was the only player who clearly needs to be dropped. Polo or Edwards would be the obvious replacement imo. Bowden offers a bit more run then the taller guys so despite his ordinary game, I think he will be kept in the team

schulz to stay in plays up forward an down back well. i thought he played well against melbourne.

no one really played bad hyde or jackson to go out if any both played as taggers both in periods got smashed didn't play bad tho but would be in my bottom 2 then again JON didn't do much on the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back