Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Cloke, Smith
IN: Roughead, McLean

I wouldn't object to Honey coming in but they will probably leave that until after the bye to give him a solid block of games. It's definitely Bev's style to say to a player: here's your chance to prolong your career at VUWO ... you need to take it. Remember Ayce getting an inexplicable run like that in mid-2015 before he was delisted?

So Roughy plays ruck 60-70% (he will be better for the two VFL runs). Toyd goes to CHF. Redpath stays at FF.

Another possibility is to spark up Hunter by playing him more up forward. He certainly revelled in that in the first two games this year. Suckling or McLean to the wing if that's the case.

I'd only keep Suckling for this game to see if he can do better than two pinpoint kicks a game. Geelong's pressure and tackling was unbelievable especially in the 2nd quarter, and nobody got a chance to measure their kicks i50. If he is no better against the Saints then he should be dropped.

While not 100% convinced about Webb, I'd give all the young trio another chance. Dale opened a few eyes on Friday (including mine) and Williams will play a breakout game soon, I reckon. They might not all become long term players but they are the future. They won't improve as quickly if they are in and out of the seniors every couple of weeks.

Matty Boyd comes back after the bye. English to get games in the back half of the year.

OUT: Cloke, Smith
IN: Roughead, McLean

I wouldn't object to Honey coming in but they will probably leave that until after the bye to give him a solid block of games. It's definitely Bev's style to say to a player: here's your chance to prolong your career at VUWO ... you need to take it. Remember Ayce getting an inexplicable run like that in mid-2015 before he was delisted?

So Roughy plays ruck 60-70% (he will be better for the two VFL runs). Toyd goes to CHF. Redpath stays at FF.

Another possibility is to spark up Hunter by playing him more up forward. He certainly revelled in that in the first two games this year. Suckling or McLean to the wing if that's the case.

I'd only keep Suckling for this game to see if he can do better than two pinpoint kicks a game. Geelong's pressure and tackling was unbelievable especially in the 2nd quarter, and nobody got a chance to measure their kicks i50. If he is no better against the Saints then he should be dropped.

While not 100% convinced about Webb, I'd give all the young trio another chance. Dale opened a few eyes on Friday (including mine) and Williams will play a breakout game soon, I reckon. They might not all become long term players but they are the future. They won't improve as quickly if they are in and out of the seniors every couple of weeks.

Matty Boyd comes back after the bye. English to get games in the back half of the year.

I agree with the 2 ins and of those Roughy for Cloke:thumbsdown:. While I see Smith as a candidate he is my least preferred candidate. He did kick 2 goals and had 6 tackles and 17 pa's (pressure acts) and just brings a presence.

I've got Hunter, Suckling and Webb out before him. Of those, I'd be inclined to give Webb another run. So Hunter or Suckling. Hunter's form has been ordinary for a few games now but Suckling has tested my patience for longer. So Suckling:p

I agree with the 2 ins and of those Roughy for Cloke:thumbsdown:. While I see Smith as a candidate he is my least preferred candidate. He did kick 2 goals and had 6 tackles and 17 pa's (pressure acts) and just brings a presence.

I've got Hunter, Suckling and Webb out before him. Of those, I'd be inclined to give Webb another run. So Hunter or Suckling. Hunter's form has been ordinary for a few games now but Suckling has tested my patience for longer. So Suckling:p
Yes, Suckling would be my alternative if not Smith. Not a fan.

The Cloke vs Redpath thing is interesting. I don't think it's clean cut either way. Cloke is far more useful up the ground. Redpath is a far more reliable shot at goal and seems to be getting a few goals, even if they're cheapies from the goalsquare sometimes.

Honeychurch in.

Reasons: Forward pressure (we're missing Dunkley and a functioning Smith), at least he gives a shit, and should be instructed to tackle anything in red, black and white.

His form doing this in early 2015 was pretty good.

You are right but sadly Honey just can't kick. Shocking composure as well. Delist material IMO.

Probably fair comment ... if you only look at recent form. Bont is probably not 100% fit and gets a lot of attention each week (maybe Billings does too?) Every young player has poor patches. Billings was crap for quite a few games last year IIRC.

I'd still not hesitate to take our once-in-a-generation player (club B&F at 21 in a premiership year says it all) over Billings, who is no doubt a very good player.
Actually he was only 20...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear clay smith will be delisted at the end of next year.

McLean in for Smith
Libba in for Suckling (eventually). We have no need for Suckling aside from depth. I'd prefer an extra inside mid although Libba has pretty decent foot skills. Bevo should try and get him to reinvent himself.

Roughead or English in for Cloke. Probably Roughead for hitout reasons but I do not think English should not get a game because of his frame. He is smart enough to use it to his advantage etc.

Must leave Williams and Webb in - both have far more upside then Suckling. Dale has been doing well and looks composed enough. He stays.

Will be interesting when stringer is back. We missed him against Geelong. We need a burst midfielder and Steven May.

Too one paced and our defence looks horrible one on one. Hurley would've have been amazing.
He literally re-signed a week ago. We wouldn't have done that if we planned on getting rid of him. We are hoping he keeps playing at the level he did last September.

He needs to fix a few things that he can control and he will be back to that. He will never have the pace or turning circle that he once did.

Losing to these mouth breathers will leave such a bitter taste for two weeks because of the bye.
Can anyone tell me how many wins/losses we had at the same point last year. Granted we had a different draw it'd be interesting.

I think Honeychurch will come in,he's actually what we are calling out for at the moment.

Losing to these mouth breathers will leave such a bitter taste for two weeks because of the bye.
Can anyone tell me how many wins/losses we had at the same point last year. Granted we had a different draw it'd be interesting.
We were 6-3 this time last year (5-2 at Docklands). This year we are 4-0 at Docklands. Relax :)

Let me put this here so some can actually see reality from behind the cloud of delusion.

One of our players had had a total of 192 disposals and kicked 4 goals and he ISNT a midfielder and some want him dropped.

Another of our players had had a total of 188 disposals and kicked 1 goal and IS a midfielder and some a fapping over how good he is.

Our midfield and the players involved in it are the core of our issue. Last year on the finals they were the starting point of success, this year they are the starting point of average performance.

Unless we fix this and get the best players in there playing well we are going now where this year and may not even make finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back