Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umpires have always talked to players and so they should, the problem is that the broadcasters suddenly want to mike the umps up, complain to the broadcaster not the umps.

It's almost getting to the stage where I have to watch it on mute now.

I have no idea why but they mic the umps up and have it going when they do every centre bounce. You can hear the umpire grunt with the exertion and once you hear it, you notice it. Every. God damn. Time.

Hopefully we don't get the female umpire (Glouftsis) this week. Couldn't stand listening to her in the Essendope v Wet Toast game. Umpires are meant to be seen not heard.

Bouncing aside (the turf had been resurfaced), she made a few eyebrow raising decisions.

I have nothing against female umpires if they're ready, but we have been on the wrong end of at least one this year in Perth

Get a grip mate

Hopefully we don't get the female umpire (Glouftsis) this week. Couldn't stand listening to her in the Essendope v Wet Toast game. Umpires are meant to be seen not heard.

Bouncing aside (the turf had been resurfaced), she made a few eyebrow raising decisions.

I have nothing against female umpires if they're ready, but we have been on the wrong end of at least one this year in Perth
The only thing that is eye browsing is your pathetic, sexist comment.

The only thing that is eye browsing is your pathetic, sexist comment.

Has absolutely nothing to do with gender.. i hsve umpired gemale games and with female umpires.

It has everything to do with the fact she was overawed and made some incorrect holding the ball decisions. Suggest you look at the main board and play the ball and not the man

Has absolutely nothing to do with gender.. i hsve umpired gemale games and with female umpires.

It has everything to do with the fact she was overawed and made some incorrect holding the ball decisions. Suggest you look at the main board and play the ball and not the man
She made some incorrect holding the ball decisions did she ? Just like every other male umpire, week in week out. Who cares whether you have umpired with female umpires before? Your comments are sexist garbage. Take them to the gutter where they belong.

She made some incorrect holding the ball decisions did she ? Just like every other male umpire, week in week out. Who cares whether you have umpired with female umpires before? Your comments are sexist garbage. Take them to the gutter where they belong.

Says one of the biggest trolls around.

Any comment made against a female these days is "sexist". Get off your high horse

Stringer could be back in. Boyd out till atleast the bye.

Stringer a chance for Saints clash
westernbulldogs.com.au
22 May 2017 5:04 PM

Dynamic Western Bulldogs forward Jake Stringer is a possible inclusion for this weekend’s clash with St.Kilda at Etihad Stadium, according to the Club’s Head Physiotherapist Chris Bell.

The 23-year-old injured the medial ligament in his knee during the round seven clash with Richmond, but will resume training this week and could yet face the Saints on Saturday afternoon.

“Jake is progressing really well,” Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au

“He’s in line to resume training with the group this week and we’ll go through our normal processes to determine if he’s available to play.”

However, the Club is yet to determine how long Stewart Crameri will be missing from action with the powerful forward schedule to go under the knife on Monday.

“Over the last four to five weeks, Stewart has suffered symptoms associated with some wear and tear in his hip joint,” Bell said.

“I’m afraid to say conservative management has been limited and he’s continued to suffer symptoms that restrict his function.

“We’ll have a better idea of his return-to-play plan following [surgery].”

Matthew Boyd (shoulder) and Brad Lynch (hamstring) are both likely to return after the bye, while first year forward Patrick Lipinski will be out on the track this week.

“Patty is due to return to some full training this week following the surgery that repaired his fractured collarbone.

“We’ll go through our full process and decide whether he returns to play this week or the week following the bye.”

And in good news for the Club, Category B Rookie Tristan Tweedie played his first game for the Club on the weekend, lining up for Footscray in their narrow loss to Geelong.

“Tristan came to us with a really long history of injury at an under-18 level. It’s a massive credit to our staff and Tristan that we’ve been able to rebuild his body to the level that it is.

“We’re all really looking forward to Tristan building from his game on the weekend.”

It has everything to do with the fact she was overawed and made some incorrect holding the ball decisions.

If this is the case, then it was extremely odd for you to make a point of her gender and then make a broad sweeping comment about your acceptance of female umpires "if they are ready". I mean isn't that just the case whether male or female. They shouldn't be umpiring unless they are up to the standard? Not sure why you tied this to her gender.

The fact that you lament that we have somehow already been wronged by a female umpire this year was extremely poor. I mean, we've copped a whole bunch of poor decisions against us this year (that's football), of course mostly from men umpires, but this seems to escape your attention. Maybe you have posted about this elsewhere, and I have just missed it.

If this is the case, then it was extremely odd for you to make a point of her gender and then make a broad sweeping comment about your acceptance of female umpires "if they are ready". I mean isn't that just the case whether male or female. They shouldn't be umpiring unless they are up to the standard? Not sure why you tied this to her gender.

The fact that you lament that we have somehow already been wronged by a female umpire this year was extremely poor. I mean, we've copped a whole bunch of poor decisions against us this year (that's football), of course mostly from men umpires, but this seems to escape your attention. Maybe you have posted about this elsewhere, and I have just missed it.
Oh but remember, the main board said it was ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have posted many times on the overall state of umpiring.. the constant rule interpretation changes has made it far too complicated. Broadly they have been pretty poor in most games all year

I have posted many times on the overall state of umpiring.. the constant rule interpretation changes has made it far too complicated. Broadly they have been pretty poor in most games all year

Did you point out that it were by male umpires though?

It's just the way your post came across. Calling out female umpires generally. Poor choice of words perhaps

Despite this week being a critical match against the saints I hope Jake is given another week off.

I think he is the type of player that doesn't play well whilst carrying an injury. If he misses this week he effectively gets another fortnight to get his knee cherry ripe.

Moving on to some actual Dogs vs saints discussion. St kilda genuinely don't have a second ruck (think 193cm Gilbert is the chop out ruck)

Would be very disappointed if we didn't select Roughead to play. Or might be a good opportunity for English to ruck considering he will have a massive height advantage over Gilbert and a mobility advantage over Longer.

We just can't afford to lose this. I'm open to bringing in Stringer straight back!

It's just the way your post came across. Calling out female umpires generally. Poor choice of words perhaps

I have noticed a recent trend on Bigfooty where if a female umpire purportedly makes a bad umpiring decision, then the poster will draw attention (to varying degrees) to the fact that the umpire is female, as if the purported bad decision is in some way linked to the gender of the umpire (which is obviously complete and utter bullshit).

Moving on to some actual Dogs vs saints discussion. St kinda genuinely don't have a second ruck (think 193cm Gilbert is the chop out ruck)

Would be very disappointed if we didn't select Roughead to play. Or might be a good opportunity for English to ruck considering he will have a massive height advantage over Gilbert and a mobility advantage over Longer.

We just can't afford to lose this. I'm open to bringing in Stringer straight back!

They could use Holmes but maybe that's unlikely.

Longer is getting a bath for his performances so he might be fired up. Thought he was really good against GWS personally.

Needs to be Roughy so he's ready for Sydney and potentially Gawn after that

I have noticed a recent trend on Bigfooty where if a female umpire purportedly makes a bad umpiring decision, then the poster will draw attention (to varying degrees) to the fact that the umpire is female, as if the purported bad decision is in some way linked to the gender of the umpire (which is obviously complete and utter bullshit).
Can't say I'm overly surprised

I'm not so sure.

i can see how it might be very difficult for a female umpire to be totally objective with, for example,Eastern Wood or Gia a few years back.

They are very attractive men.

In fact, even as a man I would personally find it very very hard to decide whether or not to blow against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back