Changes v. Tigers (Rd 9) - Gawn, Riley in for Frawley, Byrnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watts is hopeless. Our expectations are so dumbed down that when he plays a C-grade game he gets lauded. The fact that he applied himself in a couple of tackles also earns him great plaudits. He's the most disappointing player I've ever laid eyes on.

He's a nice user, but just doesn't impact games of footy nearly enough.

I think its still the opposite myself. If he was drafted with pick 48, he wouldnt get nerly the level of criticism h does - not a fraction.

That said, I do find him frustrating as he has clearly got the natural talent and his shortcomings look to be mostly between the ears.

I think its still the opposite myself. If he was drafted with pick 48, he wouldnt get nerly the level of criticism h does - not a fraction.

That said, I do find him frustrating as he has clearly got the natural talent and his shortcomings look to be mostly between the ears.

You're right. He wouldn't get the heat if he was pick 48 and I wouldn't get lambasted for calling him a dud.

Watts is hopeless. Our expectations are so dumbed down that when he plays a C-grade game he gets lauded. The fact that he applied himself in a couple of tackles also earns him great plaudits. He's the most disappointing player I've ever laid eyes on.

He's a nice user, but just doesn't impact games of footy nearly enough.

Nope.

Sure I agree that his effort on Saturday night should be the minimum, but 'hopeless' is a stupid word to use. He was far from hopeless against the Dogs, he just needed to get more of the ball.

My point is that I dont reckon you would call him a dud.

Im sure you'd comment on his lack of physicality as a weakness. But you'd be happy with his height, speed, elite skills and decision making.

No mate. I wouldn't want him in the team. There's a bare minimum physical effort over the footy I require and he's below that threshold. Big time.

Viney led us in tackles with 9 while Bail had 7.

Cross had just 2 more tackles (5) than Watts and Tyson (3 each).

Your talking about an isolated game , cross was leading the league for tackles and viney hasn't been putting up big numbers , viney does plenty off the ball but he is one of a few who leave too much to the other blokes

We were about 30 down on tackles against the dogs despite winning almost all other areas

No mate. I wouldn't want him in the team. There's a bare minimum physical effort over the footy I require and he's below that threshold. Big time.

I completely agree that he's still embarrassingly soft (although I thought showed some effort to work on some defensive acts on Saturday).

But I think he's still worthy spot in the team, and the coaches should be working very hard with him to improve his attack at the ball, in order to make him a very, very good player.

Your talking about an isolated game , cross was leading the league for tackles and viney hasn't been putting up big numbers , viney does plenty off the ball but he is one of a few who leave too much to the other blokes

We were about 30 down on tackles against the dogs despite winning almost all other areas

Nick have you been taking some of WinmartoLocketts stuff??

Not a change in the team itself, but where do people see Frawley playing? Should he go back to go on Riewoldt who he's towelled a few times in the past? I think we could get away with having McDonald on Vickery and Garland on Riewoldt (or vice versa) and keep Frawley up forward. Dunn to take Edwards.

Leave chip up forward so he can kick more then riewoldt, it will be the ultimate humiliation of being a better backman and better forward :)

Fair chance Terlich has been pronounced clinically dead so I'd think we have to change him, has he even woken up yet? Fair dinkum he was motionless for about 5 minutes I actually thought he may be dead.
nah he was waiting for the whistle to blow for a free :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were ok defensively, although yeh we lost the tackle count.

But why you'd have Viney pinged for lack of defensive efforts I have no idea??

Not lack of defensive efforts he does get really involved but he hasn't stuck enough tackles so far, Its not singling him out though he is part of group that don't tackle enough yet
But that's ok they will get better I just think that was our biggest weakness on the night outside of missing chances obviously

But it should be noted that the dogs had a phenomenal tackling game. Our 75 or whatever it was is nothing to be ashamed of.

Should be a big week ahead with the passing of Tom Hafey.

RIP Tommy, hoping for a great game of footy in honour :hearts:

Expect a huge turnout from the Richmond faithful.

But it should be noted that the dogs had a phenomenal tackling game. Our 75 or whatever it was is nothing to be ashamed of.

Thats true, but then again their is a benchmark our midfield can aim for then , If its possible for the dogs to do it its possible for us to do it
Should be a big week ahead with the passing of Tom Hafey.

RIP Tommy, hoping for a great game of footy in honour :hearts:

He came down a took a training session in my junior days, Was a fantastic fella and had an aura
When someone asked him why he never had a drink it was such a simple response

" Because I never wanted to "

I thought I loved the game but for him in his 70's to take time out to come down and help out a country U15's side even for 1 session shows how good a bloke he was

RIP to a great man

Yeah, 75 is just about bang on the average of the best tackling teams in the comp.

Would like to see Fitzy witzy at CHB, Tom McD to FB and Blease to HBF.

Dunn and Pederson have improved quite substantially from last year and have become valuable utilities in a variety of roles. They both run hard to create space and can kick goals, something I'm not seeing Watts do when we have the aggot, surely with his height and speed he must want to kick some goals, get on your bike son. Run hard and spread the opposition. Jettas game on Betts was huge given Betts ability to kick goals.

Would have Kent in for sure but will have to wait, my outs are Terlich and Byrnes but it seems only the one change based on jungle drums. Give Jimmy Garland a run in the middle now and again as a RR with a bigger body. Could easily be on the cards given Vince goes back a bit. He could also have a run at FF and chip could have a run on HBF, a big body straight ahead.

Dunn, McDonald, Grimes
Blease FWitzy Garland
Howe Tyson Jones
Cross Dawes Salem
Viney Frawley JKH
Jamar Vince Jones

Bail, Watts, Pederson, Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back