Changes v Tiggy Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

The reality is that this week’s game is pretty much irrelevant. It just comes down to bragging rights, of sorts. R1 next season is where it all gets real for our young team. Having said that, I know I’m going to be a melting mess at Marvel - if we don’t win on Saturday. However, that says more about me than the team. 🤣
Another spoon is very much relevant

We've had a pretty good year, injury-wise. Always a fair chance that it catches up to you eventually.

Ford and McKercher looked fine today and trained fully.

Logue walked laps and then went inside.

Corr was there and didn’t really do anything and then went inside.

Comben was seperate from the main group to start with and then joined in. Did not look right at all.

Main take away from the session was how much work they are doing on trying to move the ball out of D50 and transition into F50. Tucker, Duursma and Powell didn’t miss a target all session which stood out.

Still not a lot of leading at the ball carrier, more small kicks out of D50 hitting targets then overlap run from halfway.

I would guess Corr, Logue, Wardlaw out.

Ford, K Dawson (would rather W Dawson get another game) and Pink in.

Comben a big test and would have to improve a lot to get up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We've had a great run with injury this year. Kevin White has done a great job. A few players out this weekend, and a couple limping to the line but we should have a near on full squad come the first day of preseason. Enough talent out on the park this weekend to still be competitive.
That’s true in the big picture but it would be nice to go into potential winning matches without quite this many first choice players under injury clouds.

Hmmm its weird, I had a weird bit of optimism prior to Geelong game and certainly the Carlton game but feel we are in strife with this one even before the injury concerns manifested.

Going to be ugly in bay 34 level 1 if the huge confidence in the earlier part of this thread is general consensus out there.

Fingers crossed for a non wooden spoon

Last edited:
The reality is that this week’s game is pretty much irrelevant. It just comes down to bragging rights, of sorts. R1 next season is where it all gets real for our young team. Having said that, I know I’m going to be a melting mess at Marvel - if we don’t win on Saturday. However, that says more about me than the team. 🤣

It's not irrelevant at all. Yeah sure it's not a make or break game to make finals or anything, but if we are serious about our improvement we should be looking to make a statement. Not talking a 10 goal win, but we should be able to take control of this game.

One team on the decline vs one team on the up. We've played enough good patches of footy recently that if we don't show up on Saturday it says a huge amount about the team IMO.

Exactly.

Man we are really so battered & bruised as a supporter base that our first instinct is to just retreat into our shells at the first sign of any expectation.
nah f*ck that, we're winnin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Wardlaw out- the midfield mix should be below.

LDU, Simpkin, Sheezel as the core 3 with Phillips as the 4th midfielder. 5th midfielder should be a mixture of Bull, ZD and PC with small bursts through the midfield as all 3 will be playing forward. This gives us a different look while still having 4 predominant on ballers in there.

Keep Powell at half back after 34 last week as his ball use is required coming out of D50, especially if Kerch back gives us 2 weapons on the rebound.

If we don't win this game then our post-bye form will mean a lot less to me. Far from irrelevant, this might be the most important game of the year so far.

We had a bunch of honourable losses last year. I'm sick of it. It's time to show something and win some games. The top 3 gauntlet over the past month was one thing; we simply should be beating Richmond and West Coast, no excuses can be made this time.

It's not irrelevant at all. Yeah sure it's not a make or break game to make finals or anything, but if we are serious about our improvement we should be looking to make a statement. Not talking a 10 goal win, but we should be able to take control of this game.

One team on the decline vs one team on the up. We've played enough good patches of footy recently that if we don't show up on Saturday it says a huge amount about the team IMO.

Its very important that we win these games for our confidence and culture

Mckercher, Corr, Comben, Logue and Ford are all not guaranteed to play.
Add in Wardlaw and Fisher and that’s potentially 7 best 22 players out.

This isn’t going to be a walk in the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Tiggy Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back