Changes v Tiggy Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

How Stephenson and Phillips kept their spots is astonishing. And LMac too but he's immune from being dropped.

We must really be short on depth these days.
You checked the injury list lately? Perhaps watched a game of the VFL or two?

I’m prepared to be disappointed this weekend. Richmond has far more experience across all lines. If enough of them turn up, we’ll be in strife.
If we can quell the Martin, Rioli and Bolton influence, that we will go a long way towards winning this game.
Win it out of the middle, pressure them and take our opportunities.
It won't be easy but our best is more than good enough.

How Stephenson and Phillips kept their spots is astonishing. And LMac too but he's immune from being dropped.

We must really be short on depth these days.
Lmac blanketed Jeremy Cameron well enough to force them to send him up to the wing but you would drop Lmac for that performance?

Bottom line is this.

The form-line of Sheezel / LDU / Simpkin / Powell is better than that of Taranto / Bolton / Prestia / Hopper.

They have zero damaging key forwards available.

Yes there's always the possibility Dusty could somehow dial back the clock, and yes you'd be stupid to write off a team that can spin the magnets around the likes of Bolton, Baker and Balta, but c'mon peeps, lets get real.

We don't need Georgey and Griff to win this.

Bottom line is this.

The form-line of Sheezel / LDU / Simpkin / Powell is better than that of Taranto / Bolton / Prestia / Hopper.

They have zero damaging key forwards available.

Yes there's always the possibility Dusty could somehow dial back the clock, and yes you'd be stupid to write off a team that can spin the magnets around the likes of Bolton, Baker and Balta, but c'mon peeps, lets get real.

We don't need Georgey and Griff to win this.
You forgot X form too

I would have dropped him well before his 200th game.

Too many softies on here. It's why we are taking so long to progress, the hard but correct calls aren't being made.
I think you’ll find next year we’ll see these guys drift out of the team. If the rumours are true and the captaincy is no longer the players choice, thats the beginning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pink over Finnbar needs to stop
Complaining Reservoir Dogs GIF

If we can quell the Martin, Rioli and Bolton influence, that we will go a long way towards winning this game.
Win it out of the middle, pressure them and take our opportunities.
It won't be easy but our best is more than good enough.
Hopefully. My main point is that we are on an upward curve while Richmond are still trending down. The players they have still to lose are their out and out stars (eg. Martin and Lynch). Our stars are much, much, much younger. However, I expect the Tigers to give their all this weekend. Our biggest advantage is, probably, Marvel Stadium. 🤣

I’m prepared to be disappointed this weekend. Richmond has far more experience across all lines. If enough of them turn up, we’ll be in strife.

Yet with all that experience they sit on 2 wins for the year and have lost their games by an average of 42 points this season.

No excuses.

Are we tanking or are all these sudden injuries legitimate?
If they are legitimate, bloody frustrated that it's come at the wrong tim, still think we can beat them.
If it's not legitimate...bit late fellas!!
If we were tanking then the first player l would have injured is Xerri then LDU... :laughv1:

Tigs are now favourites with the bookies...

Also, for the stats nerds, a weird little quirk in this game. Both sides generate about the same # of inside 50s per game. But while North generates the lowest % scores from forward 50 entries, Richmond generates the most in the league. Yet Richmond's goal kicking has been so poor (174G,199B) that our points per inside 50 are actually much higher than Richmond's. Kind of backs up that this will be no walk in the park for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Tiggy Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back