Changes vs Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Not this week purely becuase he played above his usual average self on Sunday. No more slow players, we have Longergan who is slowish as it is, lets not forget McVeigh is not a sprint king either. That is enough slow players.

Dont think we need to change anyone unless there is injuries. Geez - we won by 10 goals, and Winders kicked 3...
Welsh would need another run at Bendigo you'd think given hes missed a lot of footy, if Hille has a niggle no point risking him this early in the season, and whilst Reimers has been OK for a couple of weeks at Bendigo I cant see who we could replace....
No change for mine.

Yep, i like it!

Yeah lets consider dropping him because he didn't stand out. :rolleyes:

NO CHANGE.

I'm loathe to drop anyone. That's why it's just a consideration. If Hille is to come back I don't know who'd be dropped. Like most I'd prefer some stability in the side after the Knights selection table era.

However, if changes were to be made, yeah, I'd consider a player who didn't perform as well as usual. This is why I asked if anyone knew if he played a tagging role which may have justified his seemingly quiet night.

Hope that's satisfactory for you. :rolleyes:

If Melksham is not 100% then Reimers comes in, lets hop it rains hard, our players are so tough at the ball now, and just bomb it long to our forward so will suit us to a tee.
Hille and Bellchambers depends very much on the weather, maybe both against Collingwood and see how we go, who cares which one, if only 1 is to play.

- Davey as sub
- Hille in for Monfries
- Give Slatts one more week in the VFL

And bring on Carlton!

H. Slattery didn't play for Bendigo !

T.Slattery is on the rookie list.

If Hille is fit he has to play. I'd take the hard decision and drop Bellchambers because I wouldn't want to be a runner down coming off a short break.

Shit decision to make though.

It is a no-brainer.

Hille was our best player against the Bulldogs.

Why make changes for the sake of making changes? Yes, Reimers deserves a game but who should he replace? Melksham, Monfries, Winderlich. They all deserve there spot even though Winder is down on his usual output. He is playing his role and doing it fine.

If Hille is 100% he plays. He is our 1st ruck. If he's not 100% Belly plays. Why risk Hille when we have an good replacement?

In: Hille
Out: Bellchambers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why make changes for the sake of making changes? Yes, Reimers deserves a game but who should he replace? Melksham, Monfries, Winderlich. They all deserve there spot even though Winder is down on his usual output. He is playing his role and doing it fine.

If Hille is 100% he plays. He is our 1st ruck. If he's not 100% Belly plays. Why risk Hille when we have an good replacement?

In: Hille
Out: Bellchambers

I agree with this. I'm tipping we bring inRiemers against Collingwood for a bit of X factor.

Can't believe people are wanting to drop Gussy!
He always plays well against the scum, and he played pretty well last week coming off his minor injury..

If Hille is to come in, then it is going to be for TBell, regardless of how well he is playing.

I am pretty sure Hirdy said they had subbed him off because he didn't play the week before (with the injury). I guess they just wanted to ease him back into it..
When he went off he was fine - commentators said he was doing run downs in front of them and looked fine.

Last night my wife told me (I was playing dad at the time) that Sir Jim said that Reimers could wear orange boots any time he liked, but he won't be playing senior footy if that's the case...... or somethng along those lines.

With Reimers banging the door down, has Sir Jim got into his head and made him realise football and team first, self comes a distant second?

I'm all for him coming in but only as injury cover. Let's get some continuity in the side for the first time in a few years. When there is an opening due to someone getting hurt or a form slump then Reimers will get his chance if he keeps the effort up at Bendigo.

I agree with others, only change should be Hille in for Bellchambers should Hille be 100%. If not 100%, no change.

Yeah, I agree with Hille coming in for Bellchambers,

We would be too limited with Bell/Hille and Ryder, as we would lose a spot for midfielders/others to rotate.

My thoughts are that Reimers should come in. He is far too good a player to be leaving on the sidelines. I think he could fill the role of the Sub this week quite comfortably. Relatively flexible, his primary weakness would be his defensive capacity, however if an important defender was to go down, then Hurley or Paddy could fill that Void and Reimers could be sent to the forward line.

I would replace Davey as the sub, he is too limited, and to be honest isn't in our best 22 anymore.

In Hille Reimers
Out Davey Bellchambers

It is an extremely difficult decision for the guys.

Hille is our number 1 ruck so should come in if 100% no questions asked.

The problem arises when deciding who to take out. Dropping a player such as Bellchambers after playing out of their skins may send the wrong message and de-motivate some players.

And I have no idea where all the NLM hate is coming from. What exactly has he done wrong. People suggesting he should just be dropped willy nilly need to pay attention to games. We need hard asses like NLM, especially against a team like Carlton. It may sound stupid, but the fact NLM came in to help Hooker with Riewoldt, while not one St. Kilda player came to Riewoldts aid speaks volume for his team spirit. Yes it may have meant they were 2 teaming Riewoldt, but to have someone to get in with him is great for the team. I'm not saying he keeps his spot because he got into a scuffle but hopefully you get my point.

Also suggesting we drop Davey for Hille goes against everything that is helping us win games... SPEED.. If Hille comes in it should be for someone who does not possess speed as one of their assets.

I have absolutely no idea who it would be that misses out. But what would people think about Hille and Bellchambers subbing together?? Yes I know subbing rucks didn;t work so well for Sydney, but we're not Sydney. This would keep both in the side, and ease Hille into it, priming him for an ANZAC Day rampage.

The questions still remains who to give the flick?

I say try our luck and send 22 guys onto the field with one sub.. Surely no one will notice.

I do believe Melksham had the poorest game on Sunday though, but to drop him after one slow game isn't the way to go either.

Interesting that some of you are saying for Monfries to be omitted... he normally towels us up...

If you play the 3 rucks... it might bend our hands into keeping Hampson in the team...

We are set to regain Henderson in a straight swap for Hampson and henderson can pitch ruck when warnock is resting... but having all 3 in may have to bend our arms into keeping both Hampson and recalling Henderson...

Hille is probably our most important player, he must come in if fit. We can play three rucks as Ryder and Hille are so good around the ground, Ryder is a good enough KPP to play their permanently. Also Carlton would struggle to match up both Hille and Ryder in the forwardline when Bellchambers is rucking. Reimers shoul;d come in due to his great form in the VFL, probably for Davey or NLM (not because of form, both would benefit from a full game in the middle at Bendigo), unless there is an injury somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back