Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez that surprised me reading that. Atts still feels like he's all at sea, unsure of himself and goes to ground a bit to me.
What were ballantynes numbers though, obviously goalless, but he seemed to get a bit of it.
Atts really has that just-going look about him.

He has been restricted in the first half of the year as he has been tagged. Hes now been given jobs like last year but his run and carry just isnt there.
1 inside fifty for the game.

He has been restricted in the first half of the year as he has been tagged. Hes now been given jobs like last year but his run and carry just isnt there.
1 inside fifty for the game.

It is plainly ****ing obvious that he needs to move further up the field.

It is plainly ******* obvious that he needs to move further up the field.

Opposition coaches were tagging him but all its done is killed his confidence and he is no longer a weapon as he is staying back. I would make Atley watch Dangerfield each week and emulate his game.

Opposition coaches were tagging him but all its done is killed his confidence and he is no longer a weapon as he is staying back. I would make Atley watch Dangerfield each week and emulate his game.

Exactly.

The opposition have figured it out, and we don't do a ****ing thing about it.

anthony's 1st Q ? hand ball ? to about 1 meter in front of thommo's feet almost got him killed, or hospitalised, and he is a repeat offender, i dont care if he gets 50 posessions for the roosters, that is his level, for a bloke who people state can run pretty well, he only seems to do it forward of the ball, never back the other way to help out the backline or lay a tackle, at the top of my list of outs this week, more to follow

Out: Thomas (injured), Anthony (can't have him and Gibson in, and Gibson's better)
In: JZ, McMahon (if available) or Kennedy.
Kennedy has to be considered as McGenzie today proved a new young and skilful player can be good.

McKenzie was almost our best player. If he gets dropped I will drop a steaming $*#^ on B.Scott's paver and put it on YouTube.

Other than that, I no longer care who he plays.

anthony's 1st Q ? hand ball ? to about 1 meter in front of thommo's feet almost got him killed, or hospitalised, and he is a repeat offender, i dont care if he gets 50 posessions for the roosters, that is his level, for a bloke who people state can run pretty well, he only seems to do it forward of the ball, never back the other way to help out the backline or lay a tackle, at the top of my list of outs this week, more to follow
Anthony is the sort of player who would look like an All Australian in a side like Geelong or Hawthorn but is exposed when he is not surrounded by class. And until we are a top two side, I fully agree with your sentiment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned it in the gameday thread. How many times does he have to prove he's not up to AFL level. A good VFL player. Leave him there. So many fumbles and disposal howlers.

OUT: wright, Adams, spud, anthony( for good this time) and mullet needs a rest.
IN: jack, Ben, McMahon, Jacobs and Kennedy

It won't happen, as wont 95% of what everyone else has said. Just make sure Mckenzie plays. That is all.

I am officially at the stage where I am not bothering to contemplate who will come in and out of the side.

Come Thursday night it will be the same bull dust, some 5 game or less player paying the price for the same garbage served up each week by some of our senior personnel.

You can see where this will head. We will beat GWS and will be high on the fumes of success. The selection committee will then proceed to use this in providing further free passes to the same under performers and thus continue to paper over the same cracks that we have failed to address earlier on in the season. It is infuriating.

What I would do
Out:
Lindsay Thomas - injured

Sam Wright - we can't carry him any longer. 8 games of 11 or less disposals, just 5 goals for the season. Other than the Gold Coast game he has barely laid a tackle either. So just what is he doing? He's not getting the ball, he's not kicking goals and his defensive efforts are poor. Why is he out there?

Liam Anthony - we gave him a try and he wasn't up to it. Unfortunate, but you have to make the most of your opportunities when you're a fringe player and he just doesn't. He could be a really useful link player, but he's sloppy, he's too reactive rather than instinctive and has 'slow' disposal.

Michael Firrito - He's been a fantastic servant of the club, and I don't want to go anywhere near the Melbourne path of tossing clubman out, but he's on his last legs. I don't see a need for a slow, clumsy player who isn't a key position player. He did ok today at times, but I can't see what he brings for a full game.

Leigh Adams - wow, he is out of form. I still reckon he has something to offer, but I can't stand another month of it waiting for it to happen.

Drew Petrie - 1 week for misconduct or whatever they call it for sticking his fingers in/near Clarke's face/eyes. Has a good record so I would be surprised if it was anything else

In:
Who knows? Ziebell and hopefully Cunnington if all is ok with him are back. McMahon, Jacobs and Kennedy? Daw? Harper and his injured ankle?

McMahon, Grima, Kennedy
McKenzie, Thompson, Hansen
Mullett, Atley, Macmillan
Bastinac, Daw, Wells
Harvey, Black, Ziebell
Goldstein, Swallow, Cunnington
Gibson, Greenwood, Jacobs
Hine

Ok, so I would then have:
Ziebell playing Chapman role (70% forward, 30% midfield). Practice it against GWS.
Kennedy and McKenzie to get games against GWS to adjust - for them it will be a tough match.
Atley to the middle, and stays there.
The rest of the team, please don't mess this up. GWS have to win sooner or later, I'm very confident they won't go through 2013 without a win. Please don't let it be us. Cunners, Spitta, Wells, Thompson, Harvey, please.

edit: Realised I've stacked the forward line with midfielders. Currie to come in, ruck 30% and go deep deep forward, Goldy 70% ruck and...I don't know. Didn't work with Hamish, not sure why it would work any differently with Currie. But yeah Currie instead of Kennedy perhaps?

What will happen (understandably because seriously, it's basically only GWS who make 5 changes a week)
Out:
Lindsay Thomas (injured)
Liam Anthony (omitted)
Sam Wright (omitted)

In:
Majak Daw
Jack Ziebell
Ben Cunnington

Kennedy , Thompson , Mullett
Hine , Grima , Wells
Gibson , Swallow , Atley
Goldstein , Ziebell , Bastinac
Harvey , Black , Cunnington
Thomas , Petrie , Hansen
McKenzie , Greenwood, Harper
Jacobs
Gysberts , Garner , C Delaney

Out: Firrito , Anthony , Wright , Adams , Macmillan
In: Ziebell , Cunnington , Kennedy , Harper , Jacobs

If anyone can name a single player (non-KP) in the entire ******* AFL that has played 11 games whilst averaging less 1/2 a goal & 10 touches a week, well ******* done. If your clever enough to find one, i'll bet your last dollar that player sure as shit brings something else to the team that Sammy doesn't.

FWIW Zac f***ing Dawson has only 9 less dispoals than Sammy & has laid the same amount of tackles (19).

ZAC ******* DAWSON.

As bad as Patch has been at least he's laid (well sort of) 42 bloody tackles.

I'm a Sammy fan but this wouldn't happen at any other club. I just don't get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back