Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Thomas (injured), Firrito, Adams, Wright, Anthony, Petrie (rest)
In: Ziebell, Cunnington, Jacobs, Delaney, Daw, Tarrant

FB - Hansen - Thompson - Delaney
HB - Atley - Grima - Jacobs
C - Mckenzie - Wells - Greenwood
HF - Black - Cunnington - Hine
FF - Daw - Harvey - Tarrant
R - Swallow - Goldstein - Ziebell
Int - Bastinac - Gibson - Mullett - Mcmillian

If anyone can name a single player (non-KP) in the entire ******* AFL that has played 11 games whilst averaging less 1/2 a goal & 10 touches a week, well ******* done. If your clever enough to find one, i'll bet your last dollar that player sure as shit brings something else to the team that Sammy doesn't.

FWIW Zac f***ing Dawson has only 9 less dispoals than Sammy & has laid the same amount of tackles (19).

ZAC ******* DAWSON.

As bad as Patch has been at least he's laid (well sort of) 42 bloody tackles.

I'm a Sammy fan but this wouldn't happen at any other club. I just don't get it.

And I've lost count of the number of goals he's missed that you could have banked on him to nail last year. Seriously out of form.

I am officially at the stage where I am not bothering to contemplate who will come in and out of the side.

Come Thursday night it will be the same bull dust, some 5 game or less player paying the price for the same garbage served up each week by some of our senior personnel.

You can see where this will head. We will beat GWS and will be high on the fumes of success. The selection committee will then proceed to use this in providing further free passes to the same under performers and thus continue to paper over the same cracks that we have failed to address earlier on in the season. It is infuriating.

I agree 100%

I can't see many positives in playing GWS atm. I'd rather play hawthorn or cats and really challenge the group.

A regulation win vs GWS next week would not feel like a real win (despute the 4 pts) especially as it can be used to paper over the cracks for another week.

Some real changes / reality checks for players / opportunities for VFL performers and a 20 goal win would make me think that the match vs GWS has been constructive.

Not many on here are getting sucked into false hope again it feels. The other clubs laugh at us and think we're deluded, and we've just proved them right this season.

I really want to support the club and will continue to do so, but reality / pessimism is starting to overtake support / hope for me at the moment.

People suggesting MacMillan are kidding themselves, he was one of the few that cracked in.

Topping the leader board of form slumps is Patch by a considerable distance.

Wright isn't an AFL standard forward, his forward pressure is non-existant and he's hardly much of a threat offensively. Would struggle at Werribee at the moment imo.

Taylor Hine will be a player, has the right endeavor and workrate that 80% of the side could learn off. Unfortunately, you can't carry a guy that struggles to get more than 10 possessions a game in the seniors. Needs more VFL time.

Liam Anthony: When you get an opportunity you have to grasp it (Like Levi and BMAC)he didn't and two of our best midfielders are back this week. Out.

Firrito: Something stinks in our backline, and it's either one of Spud or Grima, despite some of the things said of Grima today, I thought he was pretty ordinary as well, is on notice. Spuds just about done.

Out: Adams, Wright, Hine, Anthony, Firrito, Thomas (inj)
In: Kennedy, C.Delaney, Cunnington, Ziebell, Jacobs, Wood/Garner

Michael Voss made 5 changes last week, and 3 this week. Notice how they went today?

FFS Voss could do a better job then Scott and that is saying something, we need a change.

Jesus ****ing Christ. I don't know where to start with this post.

People suggesting MacMillan are kidding themselves, he was one of the few that cracked in.

Topping the leader board of form slumps is Patch by a considerable distance.

Wright isn't an AFL standard forward, his forward pressure is non-existant and he's hardly much of a threat offensively. Would struggle at Werribee at the moment imo.

Taylor Hine will be a player, has the right endeavor and workrate that 80% of the side could learn off. Unfortunately, you can't carry a guy that struggles to get more than 10 possessions a game in the seniors. Needs more VFL time.

Liam Anthony: When you get an opportunity you have to grasp it (Like Levi and BMAC)he didn't and two of our best midfielders are back this week. Out.

Firrito: Something stinks in our backline, and it's either one of Spud or Grima, despite some of the things said of Grima today, I thought he was pretty ordinary as well, is on notice. Spuds just about done.

Out: Adams, Wright, Hine, Anthony, Firrito, Thomas (inj)
In: Kennedy, C.Delaney, Cunnington, Ziebell, Jacobs, Wood/Garner

Agree with the assessment and the IN/OUTs, but how would you line them up. Thinking we're getting to tall down back and id be tempted to move Hansen to FF, Petrie has been struggling without another tall marking option. Black is a gun forward in the making in not sure he's that tall marking option for contested situation, however is quick enough as the third tall to allow 2 taller marking options.

Those changes would certainly give us some hardness around the stoppages. Ziebell, Cunnington, Swallow, Greenwood and Jacobs... meat grinder mrk11

Out: Thomas (inj), Spud, Petrie, Hansen, Wright, Adams, Anthony, MacMillan, Boomer (susp. 1 wk)
In: Tarrant, Daw, Garner, Kennedy, Gysberts, Jacobs, Ziebell, Cunners, L.Delaney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Firrito. His days as a senior player are numbered and we need to blood a new player. Bring in either Kennedy or Keys Jnr in his place.

Out - Adams. He has had an absolutely putrid season and continues to be gifted games. It's a shame because he is someone I consider our barometer. Makes sense we're 4-8 then. In Harps.

Out - Anthony. Not much to say here. He is a good VFL player, nothing more. He doesnt have what it takes to cut it in the big league. Not his fault, God just didnt bless him with talent. Remarkable that he has actually player 50 odd games. In - Jacky boy

Out - Wright. See Adams. Really struggled again. And missed an absolute clutch goal when we were coming hard. Give him a spell in the 2's to get his confidence back up because he is a good player. In- Cunners

Tank time? **** that shit.

We work on fixing the issues that we face, not file them away to be addressed later when they become bigger and uglier. That too can mean making hard decisions to move under performing stalwarts out of the side but only if our attention is on the here and now, not the future.

Tank time? **** that shit.

We work on fixing the issues that we face, not file them away to be addressed later when they become bigger and uglier. That too can mean making hard decisions to move under performing stalwarts out of the side but only if our attention is on the here and now, not the future.

There is too much on the latter and not enough on the former.

Tank time. We will only start favs in 2 maybe 3 more games for the year. We will defeat the Dees and GWS - if we lose to Bris we may only win 2 more games for the year. Not a bad result which will see us finish 14th and get 2 top 6 draft picks. The bottom 4 sides won't bid on McDonald.

yes they will so it will force us to use our first pick. This is the worst year to finish near the bottom with the father / son pick

Out: Thomas (inj), Spud, Petrie, Hansen, Wright, Adams, Anthony, MacMillan, Boomer (susp. 1 wk)
In: Tarrant, Daw, Garner, Kennedy, Gysberts, Jacobs, Ziebell, Cunners, L.Delaney

Hahahahahaha

yes they will so it will force us to use our first pick. This is the worst year to finish near the bottom with the father / son pick

We finish 5th last it is very simlar to Viney last year. He was rate approx 5th or 6th best in the draft. Melbourne were not forced to use pick 4 on him as he was not a top 3 player. GWS and Dees are zero chance to bid on Luke - Dogs and Saints only a small chance. We finish 14th we can get him for our 2nd rounder. Would they roll the dice and not pick up the best player they can get? It would be a risk for any of them.

We finish 5th last it is very simlar to Viney last year. He was rate approx 5th or 6th best in the draft. Melbourne were not forced to use pick 4 on him as he was not a top 3 player. GWS and Dees are zero chance to bid on Luke - Dogs and Saints only a small chance. We finish 14th we can get him for our 2nd rounder. Would they roll the dice and not pick up the best player they can get? It would be a risk for any of them.

Against tanking, but we do need to get some games into some younger guys. If it works out that way so be it, it would leave us with an interesting dilemma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back