Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Wright, Adams, Anthony, Firrito, Grima (rested), Swallow (Rested), Wells (Rested)
In: Ziebell, Cunnington, Kennedy, Jacobs, C Delaney, Daw, MacMahon

We finish 5th last it is very simlar to Viney last year. He was rate approx 5th or 6th best in the draft. Melbourne were not forced to use pick 4 on him as he was not a top 3 player. GWS and Dees are zero chance to bid on Luke - Dogs and Saints only a small chance. We finish 14th we can get him for our 2nd rounder. Would they roll the dice and not pick up the best player they can get? It would be a risk for any of them.

the dees did a deal with gws so they wouldn't bid on viney.

the dees did a deal with gws so they wouldn't bid on viney.
Which was? Don't bid on the 6th best player and use up pick 1,2 or3? Not sure any deal was needed to pass on Viney. Not sure a recruiter would keep their job if they did not take best available player. If they draft to stuff another team up they really aren't doing there job.

"I was going to mention this at some point. I'm not convinced that North will be forced to use their first pick on McDonald. Obviously, the closer to the bottom they finish, the more likely he slips through to their second round pick. But I don't consider him a clear step above the likes of Kelly, Lennon and Crouch. And I'd have him below the top guys in Boyd, Aish and Scharenberg. He looks to be one of a number of players who would be rated anywhere from 5-10ish. My post-Championhips update will likely feature him in the second round. "

This is from the Draft and Trading board. The poster has a good handle on the players coming through.

Its not a "tank/no tanking" question.

The question is A) do we continue playing the same players who over the last 3 years, have not improved that much/or have been very poor this year...

"Wright, Anthony, Grima, Adams, Firrito"

Or B) do we start playing some kids that have actually been pretty good in the reserves and deserve a shot.

"Gysberts, Daw, Garner,Jacobs, C Delaney, Wood"

IF we go with A, (as Scott has hinted), he is further damaging our team because he is playing individuals who are not good enough. We know that, because we have seen them play the last 3 years. IF he goes with B, we might find a gem or two, to build our team on next year.

a side that fights hard for each other, a team that belts the shit out of anyone giving one of our own a beating, commitment and passion for the jumper...

Agree.
Link this with the posts claiming , with accuracy, that Spud needs a holiday.
He could have earned himself one with honour by rearranging the face of that mouth breathing Fwit Crowley.

Which was? Don't bid on the 6th best player and use up pick 1,2 or3? Not sure any deal was needed to pass on Viney. Not sure a recruiter would keep their job if they did not take best available player. If they draft to stuff another team up they really aren't doing there job.

cant recall the exact deal, but i think something to do with melb getting jess hogan as well. someone else on here may know more about it?

Oh yeah, it's not like we're playing Jeremy Cameron or anything.

So a perfect time to see what Cam Delaney can do, cant be any worse than what Grima is dishing up at the moment.

I think Thompson would get first crack at him even if Grima was to play.

GWS has played a role in the complex deal which has sent Jack Viney to Melbourne for only a second round draft pick. Gold Coast traded its pick two to GWS for pre-listed 16-year-old Jack Martin, meaning they did not bid for Viney. Michael Gleeson reports that Melbourne is close to securing a trade for its pick three (and possibly pick 13) to GWS for WA pre-listed key position star Jesse Hogan. Neither Martin or Hogan will be able to play in 2013, as they are too young, but both are extremely highly-rated. If Melbourne uses both picks No.3 and No.13 to secure Jesse Hogan, it could complicate their efforts to snare Collingwood big man Chris Dawes. It was believed the Demons would have to use the No.13 pick as part of a deal to get the out-of-favour Magpie

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...round-pick-20121008-277xq.html?skin=text-only

It became obvious that this deal had been worked out prior to the father/son bidding to ensure that Melbourne got Viney with a second round pick. Pretty sure it contravenes the rules and you can expect any similar attempts for us to secure McDonald would result in us losing every first round pick from here to eternity.

cant recall the exact deal, but i think something to do with melb getting jess hogan as well. someone else on here may know more about it?

I posted this else where.

Scooby you are the GWS recruiting manager - good wage good conditions and a lot of responsibility. You come into the 2012 draft and like every other recruiting manager in the AFL have listed in order 500 kids in the draft. 1,2 and 3 does not have J Viney next to - he is at 7. You decide to bid pick 3 and try and force Melbourne to use pick 4.

They don't and you use pick 3 on Viney. The CEO of GWS asks you why you used pick 3 on the 7th best kid? Your reply is "To stuff up those pesky demons. That will teach them - don't they look silly."

Do you keep your job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take two:

Out: Adams – Wright – Anthony – Firitto – Thomas (inj) – Swallow (inj)
In: Ziebell – Cunnington – Kennedy – Jacobs – Gysberts - Garner

B: Hine – Grima – Thompson
HB: Kennedy – Hansen – Mullett
C: Atley – Ziebell – Bastinac
HF: Greenwood – Black – Wells
F: Harvey – Petrie – Garner
R: Goldstein – Cunnington – Gysberts
Int: Jacobs – Macmillan – McKenzie
Sub: Gibson

Take two:

Out: Adams – Wright – Anthony – Firitto – Thomas (inj) – Swallow (inj)
In: Ziebell – Cunnington – Kennedy – Jacobs – Gysberts - Garner

B: Hine – Grima – Thompson
HB: Kennedy – Hansen – Mullett
C: Atley – Ziebell – Bastinac
HF: Greenwood – Black – Wells
F: Harvey – Petrie – Garner
R: Goldstein – Cunnington – Gysberts
Int: Jacobs – Macmillan – McKenzie
Sub: Gibson

Looks like a side should be well above 13th......

Out: Scott
In: Anyone with half a brain. We can put the savings towards paying off debt.

What will happen;
Out: Scapegoat
In: Favourite

Not possible, Favourites never find themselves out of the side.

True, I was wrong. Please cue media interview how the players have learned their lessons and Scott has "fixed the simple issues".

or better yet, tank for 2 years , waste a heap of money with mismanagement and get the AFL to bail us out.

Good ideas. Pretty much where we are headed anyway, and we can become Melbourne :thumbsu:

Out - Adams, Wright, Firrito, Thomas (Inj), Swallow (Inj)

In - Jacobs, C.Delaney, Kennedy, Ziebell, Cunnington

Okay, where do I start with this...

Adams, enough is enough, the guy is well truly cooked, stick a fork in him. I just hope he is able to regain confidence and hopefully one day come close to the player he was. At the moment his confidence is shot to bits, MUST GO. Wright is very much the same, he was so important for us last year, and has really dropped the ball this year, which is very disappointing. He is a massive liability at the moment and needs to gain confidence in the VFL. Spud, you've been a great servant for this club, gave your all and helped us at a time where we really needed it, however your time is past. He has become another liability, and the occasional courageous thing he does is no longer enough to make up for his brain fades and lack of a number of fundamental aspects of the modern day footballer, such as composure, skill and positioning. Keeping him in the side is preventing us from teaching our next KPD's and it is time for a change and a clean out.

There is some serious talent with these ins. Jacobs to add to the midfield rotation, as well as spend a bit of time on a forward flank, hopefully he can pop up and kick a goal or two, and get his first run in blue and white. Cameron Delaney's BOG performance should let him walk straight in and take Spuds spot in the back 6. Time to start grooming him to hold up our spine for the next decade. Ayden to come onto a back flank, allowing Atley to move a bit up the ground, possibly into the midfield or onto a wing. With Kennedys run and dash we really don't lose much if we move Shaun up the ground. Obviously Ben and Jack are two serious ins.

Now look, I'm not an AFL coach, but f*** me that sounds a lot better then what we have been spilling up for the last half of the year.

Its not a "tank/no tanking" question.

The question is A) do we continue playing the same players who over the last 3 years, have not improved that much/or have been very poor this year...

"Wright, Anthony, Grima, Adams, Firrito"

Or B) do we start playing some kids that have actually been pretty good in the reserves and deserve a shot.

"Gysberts, Daw, Garner,Jacobs, C Delaney, Wood"

IF we go with A, (as Scott has hinted), he is further damaging our team because he is playing individuals who are not good enough. We know that, because we have seen them play the last 3 years. IF he goes with B, we might find a gem or two, to build our team on next year.
If anyone were to accuse us at season's end of having tanked, (A) would be stronger evidence for the prosecution than (B).

and no-one will be getting a game unless they 'put their hand up during the week to prove they want to be selected.'

Yep. Makes me wonder how they get that game too - shave his legs for free maybe? Pay his gym membership?

Beats me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back