Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks had 7 games against the bottom 4 and 6 of those games were basically at home.

They did what they should have and crushed them to gather the % and the points - probably better than we did, but our second half of the season was more impressive imo. We took a solid handful of scalps in the top 4 and top 8.

"
It’s a Friday night game, which I think will suit us. There’ll be a bit of dew around making it a bit harder for the dogs tall forward. If it rains it will be harder again for the dogs tall forwards to capitalise on their height advantage. And you sense guys like Moore, Watson and Breust will dine out.

Also the Dogs game plan is reliant on two things; the output of Bont and the tall forwards to fire and kick straight. Hawks strengths are a little harder to define and negate."

Yeah, They don't watch our games

We play our best footy in the wet imo

Petition to move this "home" game to the more familiar Adelaide Oval, where we played at 3 games across the year and more recently than our last MCG encounter which was 119 days prior.
AFL turning Dogs one game v Port and one game v Adelaide into 3 games at Adelaide Oval really was an impressive effort by them.

Hawks had 7 games against the bottom 4 and 6 of those games were basically at home.

They did what they should have and crushed them to gather the % and the points - probably better than we did, but our second half of the season was more impressive imo. We took a solid handful of scalps in the top 4 and top 8.

Honestly they did what we should have early on. We got jumped by a bunch of teams that weren't that good

Hopefully this time if we get out to an early lead, we hold onto it.

The game earlier this year when we were 18 points up after two minutes, surely I wasn't the only one thinking a 10-15+ goal win was on the cards.

If I'm not mistaken, this season's earlier fixture is the only time this season we have lost after being 3+ goals in front.

Jones has never played in a final right? Finally makes it and now might get rubbed out, how’s that for unfortunate
Wow, you're right. How unlucky is that?

In his first season (2010), he played the final five H&A matches but was dropped for the finals.

In 2015, he was traded to a laughing stock who didn't play finals again until 2023. During that time, his former side would play finals in six of the next eight seasons including 2x GFs and a premiership...

In 2023, he ends up at the WB who finish ninth, and the team he spent the previous eight years with makes finals for the first time since 2013.

Think about all of that for a second...

Ah, thank God I was going to spend money on a finals game. But Hawthorn supporters have shown me the light declaring they are going to thump us.

Money saved
Yeah I was about to post this. Almost every thread, on every site or page. People have declared that we are pretenders, despite winning vs better quality opponents. And that the Hawks are in better form and are going to thump us.

Might as well not go guys. Apparently the Hawks have this one in the bag according to their fans and everyone else.

Last edited:
Ah, thank God I was going to spend money on a finals game. But Hawthorn supporters have shown me the light declaring they are going to thump us.

Money saved
Once it’s announced and if it is a week we should announce the appeal within 1 min

Yeah I was about to post this. Almost every thread, one every site or page, has declared that we are pretenders, despite winning vs better quality opponents. And that the Hawks are going to thump us.

Might as well not go guys. Apparently the Hawks have this one in the bag according to their fans and everyone else.
Some of them are declaring they're going all the way 😅

Yeah I was about to post this. Almost every thread, on every site or page. People have declared that we are pretenders, despite winning vs better quality opponents. And that the Hawks are in better form and are going to thump us.

Hawks don’t have a single forward we should be worried about apart from Gunston. Their backline is okay, but against Naughton, Marra and Darcy they don’t really stand a chance.

Midfields will be close if they have Day, but Bont will do Bont things.

I can’t understand how we are only $1.80 favourites? Maybe because we have to play our home final at their ground. Anything less than a 40+ win will be disappointing as I want to roll into the Cats game the week after with some momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot pin point exactly what it is but I would keep Arty Jones in the side.

His game was good yesterday without been spectacular and he is a risk to play but the reward can be big.

Clean, genuine pace and good in traffic

Always had faith that Liam Jones wouldn’t get suspended

I think how quick Cadman got up helped.

There was no hesitation in getting up and he didn't even rub his head
Yes, but the AFL Tribunal Guidelines themselves state that the 'potential to cause injury' forms part of the impact grading, so I'm fairly (but pleasantly) shocked that they didn't upgrade it from low to medium impact based on that - as has occured with other cases this year. Must have been a very fine line on the impact grading.

Yes, but the AFL Tribunal Guidelines themselves state that the 'potential to cause injury' forms part of the impact grading, so I'm fairly (but pleasantly) shocked that they didn't upgrade it from low to medium impact based on that - as has occured with other cases this year. Must have been a very fine line on the impact grading.
The worse part is that if Cadman had gone off for a HIA and passes the HIA, it would have been graded medium, just because he had to have an assessment.

Beware the over cautious doctor.

I truly believe this is how he got off. If the AFL doctor (watching in the ARC) didn't tell the GWS doctor to take him of for a HIA, then how could they say it was medium contact

We escaped a bullet here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back