Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The worse part is that if Cadman had gone off for a HIA and passes the HIA, it would have been graded medium, just because he had to have an assessment.

Beware the over cautious doctor.

I truly believe this is how he got off. If the AFL doctor (watching in the ARC) didn't tell the GWS doctor to take him of for a HIA, then how could they say it was medium contact

We escaped a bullet here.
I fully agree with you. It's a weird, convoluted system. I'm baffled that he wasn't given a week and then have the appeals process play out.

On that note, I for one am calling for a Tom Greene suspension for bumping into Bontempelli's head causing him to go off for an assessment.

Stopping just Jones is possible, Stopping just Lobb is possible, but stopping both is an unfathomable challenge. Especially when your main key fwd is a 19 year old kid.

Jones walks so that Lobb can run. Our ultimate weapon can stick to intercepting now 🦞🦞🦞🦞🦞
Jones played possibly the worst game I've seen him play (and that includes those games as a forward). Dropped marks, slips over, fumbles, free kicks against, the works.

At no point did I ever panic or feel we were out of control in the backline and it must be because of Lobb's presence down there. He's genuinely as solid as a rock.

Cadmans head barely hit the ground. There’s an angle from the fence that shows it possibly not even hit.

Ash’s tackle was far more aggressive, with the players head hitting pretty hard. That’s what got him a week.

A fine is likely considering other similar acts through the season have also only copped a fine.

Lol DT_35

David King, the protector all of things head, was one actually saying he shouldn't be suspended

The fact that the AFL doctor in the ARC didn't tell GWS to do an assessment has tied the MRO's hand, and they had to grade it low impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot pin point exactly what it is but I would keep Arty Jones in the side.

His game was good yesterday without been spectacular and he is a risk to play but the reward can be big.

Clean, genuine pace and good in traffic
He had 18 pressure acts on the weekend, which was 6th highest for the team. He just felt like he was involved a bit despite just having 8 disposals.

I understand the frustration VDM brings. Believe me, I have been a critic of him, gee he can do some dumb stuff.
However, he is a pressure machine, he does work bloody hard with little reward but the team is better for it.

If fit he must stay in the side.

David King, the protector all of things head, was one actually saying he shouldn't be suspended

The fact that the AFL doctor in the ARC didn't tell GWS to do an assessment has tied the MRO's hand, and they had to grade it low impact

AFL's hands were tied up in a way but the AFL doctor would have considered all vision and decided no assessment required.

That or he was not in his seat yet and was tucking into a pie and when he looked over Cadman was up ready to take his kick:)

AFL's hands were tied up in a way but the AFL doctor would have considered all vision and decided no assessment required.

That or he was not in his seat yet and was tucking into a pie and when he looked over Cadman was up ready to take his kick:)
So what you're saying, is Jones got one in quickly to set the tone for the day

He had 18 pressure acts on the weekend, which was 6th highest for the team. He just felt like he was involved a bit despite just having 8 disposals.

Watching the game that is what the eye test showed he seemed to be involved in someway.

He moves well

I understand the frustration VDM brings. Believe me, I have been a critic of him, gee he can do some dumb stuff.
However, he is a pressure machine, he does work bloody hard with little reward but the team is better for it.

If fit he must stay in the side.
The issue is that is he good enough to carry into a final as a risk? That's now two important games where we are a player down in the first quarter of a contest. It hasn't cost us yet but it has the potential to do so. Hamstring's are difficult injuries and you can't necessarily predict when they are going to occur, other than manage the warning signs which VDM very much has.

If someone like Arty can do a similar job, then you simply have to pick the one that isn't a health risk.

So what you're saying, is Jones got one in quickly to set the tone for the day

Jones laid a tackle and did not know what the outcome would be.

If it is a fine I am rapt for the team but ecstatic for him as he gets to play in a final with the Dogs

What a great story rapt for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back