Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was clearly given a defensive forward role. 8 tackles and 8/11 contested possessions... i think he is first picked next week. McStay perhaps to move back to defense in replace of Dawson, makes way for Schache in the forward line. Mayes for Beams perhaps. Don't think we are carrying any mids that don't deserve their spot at the minute. Lester was probably first on the chopping block, but he is performing a very nice role up forward. Kicking goals and making contests.
yep. no way lester goes out, leppa mentioned how good he was in the presser.

Out: Dawson
In: Schache

McStay moves back to 3rd tall defender. Can't fit Beams in the line up.
I most definitely think we will be able to fit the clubs best player and a top 20 player in the competition in the starting line-up. I know its extremely harsh but we need a like for like swap so I'd drop Keays. Thats assuming Dawson is dropped for Schache and McStay goes down back.

I most definitely think we will be able to fit the clubs best player and a top 20 player in the competition in the starting line-up. I know its extremely harsh but we need a like for like swap so I'd drop Keays. Thats assuming Dawson is dropped for Schache and McStay goes down back.

No chance Keays gets dropped, he definitely earnt his position today.

No chance Keays gets dropped, he definitely earnt his position today.
Actually Taylor, he's more a like for like, forgot about him. But it feels strange to drop him, even though he's in bad form probably offers more than a player who has played 1 game whether they earnt their spot on not.

Beams, Green and schache in for Beams and Dawson would Taylor would be my moves, hopefully Paps is back
Need pace outside in Adelaide , will be a very different style of game.My concern is that you need a dashing half back line on that ground, that rebounds, and we heve not got anythnig like that, so we will find it harder there and may struggle unless the personnel change.

Need pace outside in Adelaide , will be a very different style of game.My concern is that you need a dashing half back line on that ground, that rebounds, and we heve not got anythnig like that, so we will find it harder there and may struggle unless the personnel change.

when they can't touch the pill there's issues.

You mean like a young 21 year old big bodied quick rebounder with a long kick? Would be handy.

Temptataion of course is to rush Schache back.

But why???

The structure we had today actually worked pretty well. We were only one or two dodgy umpiring calls, a stretcher and a bit of luck away from a famous win At least half the match was played in drizzle/rain and even the Sydney Bondi Billionaires in Franklin and Tippett had trouble taking marks.

The match was decided not so much on superior marking but on Buddy's freakish ability to kick 2 or 3 goals from general/broken play that you would not expect any other player in the AFL to land once a season.

Does anyone seriously think that young Schache was going to make a difference between a loss and a win today? Yes he's got class and ability but (at this stage) he's no Buddy Franklin.

Tough trip to Adelaide coming up against what will be a rejuvenated Port.

I'd give the young man another week off, play him in the NEAFL and have him primed for a huge effort against the Pies at home in Round 8.

But why???

The structure we had today actually worked pretty well. We were only one or two dodgy umpiring calls, a stretcher and a bit of luck away from a famous win At least half the match was played in drizzle/rain and even the Sydney Bondi Billionaires in Franklin and Tippett had trouble taking marks.

The match was decided not so much on superior marking but on Buddy's freakish ability to kick 2 or 3 goals from general/broken play that you would not expect any other player in the AFL to land once a season.

Does anyone seriously think that young Schache was going to make a difference between a loss and a win today? Yes he's got class and ability but (at this stage) he's no Buddy Franklin.

I'd give the young man another week off, play him in the NEAFL and have him primed for a huge effort against the Pies at home in Round 8.

NEAFL is a bye next week, if that was the plan we'd presumably play him in that this week and rest him next (unless he's currently right out off his feet). Port haven't been looking that flash this year, and beating this year's Richmond isn't that much of a tick in their record. We're in with a definite chance. Having a rest this week will do him good but I feel he'll be good to go and a useful in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams, Green and schache in for Beams and Dawson would Taylor would be my moves, hopefully Paps is back
Why bring Green back? Forward line looked better without him.

Paparone for Dawson. Lock.

Then maybe Beams, Schache for Taylor, Mayes.

Surely Beams is ready to come back in this week. Schache was rested for Port game so he is automatic selection. I would be tempted to bring Mathieson in. He has played two solid games in the reserves and is a contested ball winner. They mentioned Green was general soreness and could miss two weeks - so perhaps he stays out and Keays played well. I would continue to play Bewick across half back and give Hanley stints down there.

In : D. Beams, Schache, Mathieson.
Out: Dawson, Mayes, C.Beams

But why???

If we value any young draftees, dont put them in that disgusting environment we call our NEAFL side. Most Toxic, un-inspiring, confidence draining team ever.

Surely Beams is ready to come back in this week. Schache was rested for Port game so he is automatic selection. I would be tempted to bring Mathieson in. He has played two solid games in the reserves and is a contested ball winner. They mentioned Green was general soreness and could miss two weeks - so perhaps he stays out and Keays played well. I would continue to play Bewick across half back and give Hanley stints down there.

In : D. Beams, Schache, Mathieson.
Out: Dawson, Mayes, C.Beams
I'd like CBeams retained

I'd like CBeams retained

I don't dislike Claye Beams but i think he is struggling to get the ball. He is usually a good kick but he just doesn't get enough of it and with all the injuries he has endured in the last few years he looks to have lost some pace. I certainly wouldn't be dropping Lewis Taylor. He might have had a few poor weeks but he is an important piece of the puzzle for our club going forward.

Tough calls to be made this week, especially with the bye in the 2s.
Available, Paps, Schache, Beams? Matho, Robbo?
Considering our backs did a great job as a whole, may not have had heaps of the ball, but kept the swans to 6 goal kickers. I think Dawson is the only one I can think of that will make way for say Paps?
Hewett got off the chain early but was locked down after that. Papley has been dangerous, but hardly sited, Heeney didn't do much and Tippett only kicked one granted he played ruck alot.
When you look at our midfield stats, it shows they got back and helped take pressure of our defence. First time in a long time. I think this reflected on our backs stat numbers.
I don't think any other of our backs deserve to be dropped.
Leaving Beams and Josh? Can't see Keays coming out after his performance. Probably leaves Taylor as much as it pains me to say.
With Schache it may come down to match-ups? Either way some tough decisions coming which is a good problem to have.

I think Cutler being out will save CBeams.
Taylor seems the obvious one if DBeams can play, as he will play more forward on his return.
Obviously Paparone is a swap for Dawson.
Does Schache come in for Gardiner?

Taylor seems the obvious one if DBeams can play, as he will play more forward on his return.
Not for mine. Gardiner is and will be an important player for us going forward. I liked his game yesterday. Got some important handballs away to clear the area.

Tough calls to be made this week, especially with the bye in the 2s.
Available, Paps, Schache, Beams? Matho, Robbo?
Considering our backs did a great job as a whole, may not have had heaps of the ball, but kept the swans to 6 goal kickers. I think Dawson is the only one I can think of that will make way for say Paps?
Hewett got off the chain early but was locked down after that. Papley has been dangerous, but hardly sited, Heeney didn't do much and Tippett only kicked one granted he played ruck alot.
When you look at our midfield stats, it shows they got back and helped take pressure of our defence. First time in a long time. I think this reflected on our backs stat numbers.
I don't think any other of our backs deserve to be dropped.
Leaving Beams and Josh? Can't see Keays coming out after his performance. Probably leaves Taylor as much as it pains me to say.
With Schache it may come down to match-ups? Either way some tough decisions coming which is a good problem to have.
I really feel for Robertson. Has deserved to play and been listed as emergency so many times, just can't squeeze him into the team. Even more selection headaches with Beams, Paparone and Schache coming through most likely this week. And couldn't agree more, for such a young defence (excluding Merrett for obvious reasons) they really held their own. Thought Gardiner did a great job on Heeney and Sinclair throughout various parts of the match.

Gardiner goes nowhere. Been fantastic for us this year, perhaps goes too far with his aggressive acts sometimes, but that's exactly what we need ATM.

Going with the coaching staff and the minimal changes they make, I'd say in:

D.Beams

OUT: Dawson

Might give Paparone another week. If not, I'd say we'd have to maybe change our midfield rotation around a bit as we can't afford to take out too many of our backmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back