Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly "Wielding the AXE" as was suggested. Cruise Garlett must be wondering what he has to do to get a game. Warren and Edwards in the same team is a bit odd IMO.

great inclusions this week the three boys have bee lighting it up at werribee all year as i have seen almost all of werribees games, those calling for jmac or saying jmac lucky not to be dropped u have to be kidding he has had one bad game ffs

Like the inclusions......pretty surprised by the 1 omission. The review obviously looked even worse than live as far as Anthony goes. He did seem to miss 5-10, whatever it was a lot, of handballs. His kicking was better I thought, but the hamdballng was atrocious.
I think the major problem is the other "lack of accountability" perpetrator is the ex captain. So they weren't gunna drop him. There were others, but to me these 2 stood out. Would love to see Boomer actually step in front of an oncoming player to tackle him this week, rather than put out the paper machete arm for a boom gate.

It's good to see him reward performance for a change although grima is a bit puzzling.

B: Jamie Macmillan, Scott Thompson, Luke Delaney
HB: Daniel Wells, Michael Firrito, Cam Delaney
C: Shaun Atley, Andrew Swallow, Leigh Adams
HF: Ben Cunnington, Nathan Grima, Kieran Harper
F: Aaron Edwards, Drew Petrie, Brent Harvey
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Ryan Bastinac
Int: Brad McKenzie, Ben Warren, Lindsay Thomas, Levi Greenwood

Emer: Cruize Garlett, Matt Campbell, Cam Pedersen

In: Nathan Grima, Ben Warren, Levi Greenwood
Out: Hamish McIntosh (knee), Liam Anthony (omitted), Sam Wright (shoulder)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good to see him reward performance for a change although grima is a bit puzzling.
2 x Delaney's, Spud, Thompson and Grima.

We have gone from one extreme to the other.

EDIT: I see he is named at CHF. On paper the team looks balance like that, but when was the last time Grima played as a forward?

2 x Delaney's, Spud, Thompson and Grima.

We have gone from one extreme to the other.

Agree. I hope they take cruize with them in case it rains.

Tall backline but apart from that I am very happy. Interesting to see how much midfield improves with Greenwood in the team (hope he has a ripper in front of family and friends - same can be said for BMac who I dearly hope is not the sub). Anthony out is pleasing imho can't carry the poor disposal and softness, so frustrating. Good to see Warren get a change too, a lead up forward will be invaluable with our lack of movement. Also keen to see how Goldy does as the lone ruck (who is giving him a chop out - Drew?).

Port have a good set of ins too. Lets hope the tall backline doesn't cost us.

Tall backline but apart from that I am very happy. Interesting to see how much midfield improves with Greenwood in the team (hope he has a ripper in front of family and friends - same can be said for BMac who I dearly hope is not the sub). Anthony out is pleasing imho can't carry the poor disposal and softness, so frustrating. Good to see Warren get a change too, a lead up forward will be invaluable with our lack of movement. Also keen to see how Goldy does as the lone ruck (who is giving him a chop out - Drew?).

Port have a good set of ins too. Lets hope the tall backline doesn't cost us.

Tall....WTF....Thompson,Delaney,Grima aren't that tall.

Cats won flags with Scarlett, Taylor, Lonergan.....

The problem isn't tall as they have Schulz,Butcher,Westhoff.. The problem is Firrito, Delaney, Delaney and Atley keep getting flogged in marking contests by either getting outmarked or grabbing the bloke and giving away a free......

These guys have lost so many 50-50's its beyond a joke.

We will go alright if Firrito only goes to ground 6 times this week !!!!

So one omission only after a couple of pathetic performances. What was all the hoo haa earlier in the week about changes. Gees that 3 hour review must have been tough on LA.

Very interested to see how this pans out. With multiple defensive options could Grima become a potential CHF with Tarrant not showing much?

He has hops so One thing he does do very well is jump and punch (now mark) the ball at a very high point which would make him difficult to spoil. Would provide more at ground level than Tarrant or resting ruckman as well.

An experiment I'm willing to see trialled

It's been along time since Grima has pulled on the royal blue and whites stripes. He should offer some much needed run and is a beautiful long kick, just hope his hammies hold up. Good luck Blake.

B: Jamie Macmillan, Scott Thompson, Luke Delaney
HB: Daniel Wells, Michael Firrito, Cam Delaney
C: Shaun Atley, Andrew Swallow, Leigh Adams
HF: Ben Cunnington, Nathan Grima, Kieran Harper
F: Aaron Edwards, Drew Petrie, Brent Harvey
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Ryan Bastinac
Int: Brad McKenzie, Ben Warren, Lindsay Thomas, Levi Greenwood

Emer: Cruize Garlett, Matt Campbell, Cam Pedersen

In: Nathan Grima, Ben Warren, Levi Greenwood
Out: Hamish McIntosh (knee), Liam Anthony (omitted), Sam Wright (shoulder)

I can't beleive Ben Warren is playing... Seriously he was not good enough last time and I struggle to see what has changed to suggest he will be good enough this time.

Where is Aaron Black? Where is Lachy Hansen? Where is Ben Speight?

They are our future. Not Ben Warren, Not Aaron Edwards, Not Lindsay Thomas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back