Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't beleive Ben Warren is playing... Seriously he was not good enough last time and I struggle to see what has changed to suggest he will be good enough this time.

Where is Aaron Black? Where is Lachy Hansen? Where is Ben Speight?

They are our future. Not Ben Warren, Not Aaron Edwards, Not Lindsay Thomas.
u cannot be serious edwards is our leading goal kicker so far this season, warren has been burning it up in the vfl leading werribees goal kicking this season i agree with u about lindsay

Am over the moon the Grima is back in, definately in our best 22.So no ruckman to replace the injured Hmac? Not sure what that means TBH, or does it mean we don't really need Goldy & H but if they're both fit, we've should play 'em.

Cause should Goldy go ok and we win, I kinda can't see Hmac ever getting back in the side.

Just read that Brad said Narni's return will bolster the back 6 so may not b swung forward

I'd bloody hope Narni played back. If I read that they were trying to turn him into a forward now, I'd join the OS putsch against Bon.

Tall....WTF....Thompson,Delaney,Grima aren't that tall.

Cats won flags with Scarlett, Taylor, Lonergan.....

The problem isn't tall as they have Schulz,Butcher,Westhoff.. The problem is Firrito, Delaney, Delaney and Atley keep getting flogged in marking contests by either getting outmarked or grabbing the bloke and giving away a free......

These guys have lost so many 50-50's its beyond a joke.

We will go alright if Firrito only goes to ground 6 times this week !!!!

I would say that Delaney x2, Thompson, Firrito and Grima are all better suited to talls than smalls.

Agree about getting outmarked though, so frustrating and keeping your feet, we have so many offenders Spud and Edwards to name a couple.

Also concerned if Petrie is relief rucking our forward line structure goes completely out

It's good to see we have finally imported some mature bodies in to the side.

watch the NRL show tonight.

For a serial Thomas hater though?

Whilst I acknowledge his improved form (he has been very good this year) I have been banging on about his bad outweighing his good for some time now.

You can call me a "hater" if you want, but given our coach has essentially echoed my pre season assertion (in Round 7 no less) I'd suggest to look into my posts as a matter of finding out some hard truths about players prior to the footy world jumping on the very same bus.

Pre-season i questioned Brad's Selection... by round 7 we are all agree he has no idea.

3-4 weeks ago I called Anthony an impostor - now the entire BF community labels him a nowhere coward jiblet squib.

Last year it was Brady's poor disposal after the Collingwood game, I said he was gone, time to bring in the youngsters... what do we do? Play him for another year and waste 20 games we could have pumped into Jmac, Ats etc.

Pre Season I mentioned we are light years off making top 4.... And I got howled down as an infidel. Mainly by you. The list goes on and on and honestly i can't be bothered rebuking all your crazy Lindsay Thomas loving agendas but he is a cat too. Edwards is a one dimensional mediocre footballer who is a great kick and yes, he has lost his marking ability a little bit... something I may have touched on earlier in the year too and once again i was howled down by the Aaron Edwards bandwagon.

We all have our favorites, but no matter who we play, or the conditions that present - Levi Greenwood MUST play. Lachy Hansen MUST play and Aaron Black MUST IMO play too.

The rest of the team can mix and match.

Who the hell are we going to kick it to when our mids are finally developed enough to compete for 4 quarters against the very best teams.

Brad FFS, build a forward line that is actually going to be there when we are half decent.

That third guy looks like Australia's best ever batsman Michael slater.

Can you imagine gordon tallis running riot in the back pocket?

He'd ****en kill people.

I hope they lined our players up and ran at them.

Whilst I acknowledge his improved form (he has been very good this year) I have been banging on about his bad outweighing his good for some time now.

You can call me a "hater" if you want, but given our coach has essentially echoed my pre season assertion (in Round 7 no less) I'd suggest to look into my posts as a matter of finding out some hard truths about players prior to the footy world jumping on the very same bus.

Pre-season i questioned Brad's Selection... by round 7 we are all agree he has no idea.

3-4 weeks ago I called Anthony an impostor - now the entire BF community labels him a nowhere coward jiblet squib.

Last year it was Brady's poor disposal after the Collingwood game, I said he was gone, time to bring in the youngsters... what do we do? Play him for another year and waste 20 games we could have pumped into Jmac, Ats etc.

Pre Season I mentioned we are light years off making top 4.... And I got howled down as an infidel. Mainly by you. The list goes on and on and honestly i can't be bothered rebuking all your crazy Lindsay Thomas loving agendas but he is a cat too. Edwards is a one dimensional mediocre footballer who is a great kick and yes, he has lost his marking ability a little bit... something I may have touched on earlier in the year too and once again i was howled down by the Aaron Edwards bandwagon.

We all have our favorites, but no matter who we play, or the conditions that present - Levi Greenwood MUST play. Lachy Hansen MUST play and Aaron Black MUST IMO play too.

Who the hell are we going to kick it to when our mids are finally developed enough to compete for 4 quarters against the very best teams.

Brad FFS, build a forward line that is actually going to be there when we are half decent.

Out: Brad Scott
In: Arjen the great

!!We have a new coach on our hands!!

I thought Liam Anthony was pretty good against us, surprised to see him cop the axe. Got plenty of the ball and kicked a couple of goals to keep you guys in it, I guess one epic clanger at half back where he handballed it straight to Boyd.

Seems opinion here is a bit divided too.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion.

I thought Liam Anthony was pretty good against us, surprised to see him cop the axe. Got plenty of the ball and kicked a couple of goals to keep you guys in it, I guess one epic clanger at half back where he handballed it straight to Boyd.

Seems opinion here is a bit divided too.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion.

Packet of chips and you can have him.

Actually I'll give you the chips to take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not. The bloke gets it 27 times a game. Often turns it over because players aren't running hard at him; his gut running is invaluable. There was a situation on the weekend where he turned it over because Bastinac was a lazy **** and couldn't push out of a jog to provide an option. However, at the game every was screaming at LA. I'm not excusing all of his mistakes and he has squibbed a few contests, but a lot of people forget the big hits he takes as well - despite the popular opinion (have been watching him closely since the facebook plebs have been calling him a coward), he actually contests pretty hard on a large majority of occasions. I'm not excusing the 1% he squibs, but I hate seeing him singled out for such a harsh accusation when there are worse offenders running around. I'd be willing to suggest Thomas, Spitz, Thompson and Cunnington to an extent are the only ones who could escape this "squibbing" criticism this year.

I'm disappointed Brad's dropped him, seems an overreaction to please the facebookians.

People seem to forget that gut running when hardly anyone else is takes courage and perseverance as well.

I'm not. The bloke gets it 27 times a game. Often turns it over because players aren't running hard at him; his gut running is invaluable. There was a situation on the weekend where he turned it over because Bastinac was a lazy **** and couldn't push out of a jog to provide an option. However, at the game every was screaming at LA. I'm not excusing all of his mistakes and he has squibbed a few contests, but a lot of people forget the big hits he takes as well - despite the popular opinion (have been watching him closely since the facebook plebs have been calling him a coward), he actually contests pretty hard on a large majority of occasions. I'm not excusing the 1% he squibs, but I hate seeing him singled out for such a harsh accusation when there are worse offenders running around. I'd be willing to suggest Thomas, Spitz, Thompson and Cunnington to an extent are the only ones who could escape this "squibbing" criticism this year.

I'm disappointed Brad's dropped him, seems an overreaction to please the facebookians.

People seem to forget that gut running when hardly anyone else is takes courage and perseverance as well.

You cannot play afl when you sleep with every light on in the house.

Anthony doesn't deserve to be dropped this week. he should have been dropped after the Sydney game when he was terrible.

Anthony doesn't deserve to be dropped this week. he should have been dropped after the Sydney game when he was terrible.

Bastinac should probably stop playing AFL then as well, Brent Harvey and Daniel Wells spring to mind also. If we're going on not contesting hard enough, these guys wouldn't have a career.*

*not having a go at them, just pointing out the double standards the apply when people seem to have found a scapegoat.

I hope Bastinac gets to run around and be unaccountable this week. Just run and recieve and link up.

Then you will see what a class player can do with that much time and space. In fact we did see it against GWS when he kicked 4 goals.

Go back and have a look at the Geelong game. What happened when Harvey was paid the same respect that Anthony gets. He tore them apart. The same with Wells when he gets free.

Good post breeno, I see where you are coming from. Gut running is under rated. Think it really harsh that effectively he's the only one singled out. Should have had a couple of mates. Will BS make a statement with the sub?
Maybe they will come about via the emergencies.

Dissapointed that Anthony is out (good post breeno) but what would I know. I'm just some ****wit on the interwebs. Plenty deserved the axe after last week so having two injuries and one omission is a touch shite.

Defence is pretty tall, although Cam, Spud and Thompson are pretty versatile. I really hope to see Atley further up the ground this week. Good to see Narni and Levi back and best of luck to Milky. He really deserves a crack.

Forward line will be short when Dish chops out for Goldy.

Not a huge fan of the set up but look forward to a harder effort this week.

Perfectly said, saved me 10 minutes :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Packet of chips and you can have him.

Actually I'll give you the chips to take him.

Not worth Doritos or Samboys though. Home or Coles brand on a discount would be ideal.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

The very small minority on here who actually think he has done well must be devastated to be proven wrong that 27 possessions means SFA at AFL level.

Still amuses me that CERTAIN posters only have an opinion and turn up on this board when we lose, and most of what they sprout is on the line of being trollworthy. Makes you think.

These comments remind me of the movie titled "Hostel" when I had to turn it off as it was too disturbing for the family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back