Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It's rare the times I appreciate having too little hair on my head. This is one of them, so I don't feel the pain of tearing it out in frustration. I knew we weren't going to pick a tall and I tried to convince myself 'Get all the angst out in advance', but I can't. It's just so ****ing idiotic that I can't help but get angry.

If the football season was a boxing match, you'd think Ken was trying to outwit his opponent, ala Rocky 2 fighting with the 'wrong' hand before delivering the knockout blow when he finally switches to a structure that isn't suitable for Under 9's touch footy. Except he's failed to realise that you need to win rounds along the way in this game.

Seriously unsure if we'll win now. Richmond's chip-chip game should play into our hands and if we had Clurey and one of Butcher / Shaw playing I'd be tipping a 40+ point win. Now. Hoping we scrape over the line and Carlile is back next week. Though with this shit I'm sure it'll be O'Shea dropped for him as we'd otherwise be 'too tall' down back. :mad:

I dont understand the surprise. It was quite clear even before the 1st game how we intended on playing this year. Short and quick. Too late in the season to make wholesale changes now. The tiggers have picked BMT to come straight back in after injury so no guesses on what game plan they have in mind. This is going to be a very unentertaining scrappy s**t fight of a match to watch. My concern is the possibility of injuries in what is a genuine dead rubber. I hate the surface at Etihaad roof shut or not. We need someone close to clumbsy slow old BMT to get in his ear and tell him nothing personal. Just as well BMW is quick and also his old jumper 21 should be to slick and get out of the way. Good viewing coming up. Port by 29points.

Ummm, this isn't a dead rubber.

And even if that's the game plan, you replace like with like to keep structure.

That's football 101. And, that's the structure that's Been working.

If Lobbe goes out do you replace him with Neade?

Nah mate, we've lost 2 of the 3 because if Sh it kicking for goal, and, really poor coaching, build on the back of the wrong selections.

This is the team we needed LAST week.

This week we need another tall.

This is do mind boggling I am back in Primus deep land.

Yeah in ken we trust and all that but we've seen this 4 in a row and said same and it cost us 2 games.

Again, we are in real trouble because these are the WRONG selections and will seriously cost us.

BMT is the least, the least of our problems.

This is points, and percentage we are sacrificing here.

NO afl coach has ever lost the back up rucks AND a KPD, and gone in with no replacement and only 1 forward.

If Ken pulls this off he's a genius. If not, the board seriously need to get in there ASAP and ask questions

Jesus christ, how many times does Ken need to say he would love a tall forward but we do not have any ready for some of you to understand. Remember when we were playing Butcher earlier in the year and you same bunch of people were losing your shit because he was in the team. He has done absolutely nothing to earn his spot back, he has actually been quite terrible in the SANFL. Mason on the other hand has just started to look half decent, however he is so young and raw, Ken has clearly said this.

We were 10-1 with our small team sitting on top of the ladder. Once we lose a few, one to Sydney (premiership favorites) by 4 points on their home deck, a showdown (always 50-50 games, we all know this) and an off day in the wet against Essendon, you all literally lose you shit at the selections. No team goes through a season undefeated, teams drop games. You really honestly think Ken has no idea? Clue up and pull your friggen heads in. So many bandwagon supporters.

I get what you're stating Buddy, but I think the angst is more because we have lost two talls in defence which means Westy will need to spend more time rucking and perhaps helping Hombsch and Co with Vicks Vapor Rub and Non Sooky Reiwoldt if either start to tear us a new one. Leaves us very short up front that's all, once Sarge is doubled or tripled teamed.

Our mids are better goal scorers than theirs but just another tall to help us in front of goals may not have hurt. I'd throw Shaw in to give him a taste, it's not like playing him would be the cause of a loss unless he needs to kick the winning goal after the final siren and nerves got the better of him. Hopefully we will be far enough in front at the final bell for that scenario not to have been an issue.

Jesus christ, how many times does Ken need to say he would love a tall forward but we do not have any ready for some of you to understand. Remember when we were playing Butcher earlier in the year and you same bunch of people were losing your shit because he was in the team. He has done absolutely nothing to earn his spot back, he has actually been quite terrible in the SANFL. Mason on the other hand has just started to look half decent, however he is so young and raw, Ken has clearly said this.

We were 10-1 with our small team sitting on top of the ladder. Once we lose a few, one to Sydney (premiership favorites) by 4 points on their home deck, a showdown (always 50-50 games, we all know this) and an off day in the wet against Essendon, you all literally lose you shit at the selections. No team goes through a season undefeated, teams drop games. You really honestly think Ken has no idea? Clue up and pull your friggen heads in. So many bandwagon supporters.

. Wow.

Remind me never to employ you in my sales team.

Yeah, great way to win Premierships

We were 10-1 with our small team sitting on top of the ladder. d pull your friggen heads in. So many bandwagon supporters.

Ahem.............Clears throat. We were 10 and 1 with Trengove and Carlile also. No panic here, lets just hope these boys are ok very shortley.......Yea ? !!

He's in the squad, why don't you wait until the final team is announced till you complain about it.

He's been carving it up for the magpies all year and deserves to have been played more than once already but I'll take your advice and wait for the final team.

Ummm, this isn't a dead rubber.

And even if that's the game plan, you replace like with like to keep structure.

That's football 101. And, that's the structure that's Been working.

If Lobbe goes out do you replace him with Neade?

Nah mate, we've lost 2 of the 3 because if Sh it kicking for goal, and, really poor coaching, build on the back of the wrong selections.

This is the team we needed LAST week.

This week we need another tall.

This is do mind boggling I am back in Primus deep land.

Yeah in ken we trust and all that but we've seen this 4 in a row and said same and it cost us 2 games.

Again, we are in real trouble because these are the WRONG selections and will seriously cost us.

BMT is the least, the least of our problems.

This is points, and percentage we are sacrificing here.

NO afl coach has ever lost the back up rucks AND a KPD, and gone in with no replacement and only 1 forward.

If Ken pulls this off he's a genius. If not, the board seriously need to get in there ASAP and ask questions
Its a dead rubber in reference to playing the Tiges. Their game plan is to flood their backline in desperation and try and hang on and clear. Not the right game for either Butch or Shaw to be playing as they would end up with 4 blokes hanging off them every long kick forward entry. Much better off just move the ball in quick, kick from 50 and beyond and over their heads. Basic stuff and a smart approach. The Tiges are terrible and just about to put the que in the rack. They arent a threat relax.

You really honestly think Ken has no idea? Clue up and pull your friggen heads in. So many bandwagon supporters.

I move that we shut down the entire forum, not speak of anything pertaining to the club in our daily lives and just sit with our mouths shut and our arms folded until such time as we're either knocked out or do a lap of honour around the MCG.

At which point, we should re-open the forum and only say positive, unthinking, unquestioning things about everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I move that we shut down the entire forum, not speak of anything pertaining to the club in our daily lives and just sit with our mouths shut and our arms folded until such time as we're either knocked out or do a lap of honour around the MCG.

At which point, we should re-open the forum and only say positive, unthinking, unquestioning things about everyone.
Nup !!!!!

Takes five beers for me every week to pick my team........then five to take in the disappointment that i was two players out.

Come game day, if this place shut down, i'd destroy all my frustrations on the back lawn............hang on :p

We're obviously backing our existing structure in and I can't really argue with that.

If Redden, Moore and Stewart were ready to go and Butcher was in form I'm sure we would be fielding a vastly different side. S.Gray is getting a bit too much love for my liking but his SANFL form has been great and he's been fine at AFL level until the second showdown. Hopefully Newton gets a run and Young gets a full game.

powerhq.jpg

Watch our wall form across h/forward, centre, and h/back every time the ball is in our forward 50. They wont get through because, A their game plan isnt good enough, and B because they dont have the cattle. The rest of the game will be scrappy rubbish but when we break out it will turn into an automatic regimented protect and rebound. Basic stuff.

Warm fuzzies all round...

I remember warm fuzzies day at school....mandatory that you had to write a warm fuzzy for everyone in the class...

I always used to laugh at the kid who read 30 warm fuzzies of" you have nice shoes"

Sure buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back