Prediction Changes vs Suns - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallis was horrid for 3 quarters v North. The 3 goals kept him in for an extra week but outside of one cracking goal from outside 50 I saw nothing that made me want him in the 22v swans. This week was worse. I love Wally and I love what his family bring to the swans but he - is - done.
Spot on. He destroyed any symmetry there was in the forward line. 2 Joe the gooses last week. Is playing selfish football to try and keep his spot. The small forward spot is now Weighman's.

Hannan needed to jump at contests but sat back and waited for the ball to hit the ground, playing with no marking confidence. JUH impacted more in the air than he did.

Out: Wallis, Hannan, Prob JUH
In: Dunkley, Astro, Sweet

Did you catch any VFL? Sinclair gave him a bath. The HO stats don’t tell the full story

Sweet had 31 hit outs and kicked 2 goals.

If Sinclair gave him a bath then he must have gone really well.

Sweet had a good game without been shocking and without been a stand out.

Was it enough to get Sweet in the side vs GC well that depends on whether or not we want English to play forward and whether you apply the same parameters as Hannan gets.

With Naughton out and English rucking, our forward line was shot to pieces. Bruce has the D9 tractor role, Weightman is in his second year, Wally is just about done, and Hannan has disappointed. Looking back to earlier in the year, our best results came with Naughton, Bruce and English as key forwards with Martin/Sweet rucking. That is our best structure. As for Martin, wrong side of 30, soft tissue injuries, slow recovery, I don't see him as 1st ruck, or even best 22.

Outs - Hannan, JJ, Wallis
Ins - Naughton, Sweet, Maclean

Kid stays in for another taste.

Did you catch any VFL? Sinclair gave him a bath. The HO stats don’t tell the full story
In the two weeks before he was flogged by Rhys Stanley and Tom Campbell. You can't promote the kid off the back of those games. If we're talking about next week, Young would provide more in the ruck than Sweet would.

Sweet had 31 hit outs and kicked 2 goals.

If Sinclair gave him a bath then he must have gone really well.

Sweet had a good game without been shocking and without been a stand out.

Was it enough to get Sweet in the side vs GC well that depends on whether or not we want English to play forward and whether you apply the same parameters as Hannan gets.
Like I said stats aren’t telling the full story here. He was a lot better in the second half I’ll give him that, but Sinclair absolutely monstered him in the first. He kicked his 2 goals after half time when he was sent to FF while Glass-Mcasker rucked. His last few VFL games he hasn’t done well either.

I agree we’re better as a team with English second ruck. I just don’t think Sweet gets a run this week on recent form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the two weeks before he was flogged by Rhys Stanley and Tom Campbell. You can't promote the kid off the back of those games. If we're talking about next week, Young would provide more in the ruck than Sweet would.
Young is along way off it, but teases with a few things he does bothe as a defender and as a back up ruck. Until Gardner and Martin come back I feel we have to persevere with him covering holes.
On selections I am up for Hannan to never be selected again. Wallis's deficiencies were highlighted massively, he is only a backup now.
If Dunkley is fit...straight in.

outs: Hannan, Wallis
ins: Astro, Dunks (maybe Mclean also)

I'd sacrifice the ruck position to have English up forward.

Caleb to the ruck.

Don't the Suns go with makeshift smaller rucks ?

Also Greenwood will be be out, I assume.

Young competed ok however as a Jack of I would prefer Sweet to come back in to free up English
such a good take. While Sweet may not be AFL standard yet i think the team is improved with English free to do other things instead of Young in that role. Bonus points if Young can put in his once a months before getting dropped huge game in defence instead of playing cordy

Hannan, Garcia and Scott all seem to be playing a similar role and none of them doing it particularly well. Scott probably the best of the group and could maintain his spot a bit longer.

Hannan has decent hands but his kicking has been woeful, and he currently isn't doing enough positive to counter the negatives.
Despite a lot of people wrapping him up on this forum, Garcia has not had much of an impact at senior level yet, and due to his diminutive stature I don't think there should be a spot for him in the team unless a few other unlikely changes are made. He makes an already small team Lilliputian.

In terms of the Medium forward role, Wallis at least has the strength and composure required and has more runs on the board than the rest combined. Sure he isn't quick but the others aren't having a pace based impact and they can't compete physically as well as Wallis.

JUH was a liability yesterday particularly in the second half when his confidence was shattered. He might benefit from a second game but may not, depends a lot on his mental make up. If he plays again next week it needs to be as a small medium forward role and not with any expectation of filling a key position and playing on a big bodied opponent.

In: Naughton (if Fit), Lipinski, and Sweet.

Schache should come in if Naughton isn't fit and/or Sweet doesn't Play.

Out: Hannan, Garcia, and JUH.

Crozier unlucky to miss again but should come back in shortly.

I hope we give JUH another go with more added forward line help but I can see why he might be dropped.

Far too much time on the bench in that 4th quarter.

Would give him the GC game and then just revert back to Martin/Sweet with Astro/Bruce/English. Get rid of all the medium forwards whilst we are at it too.

I really really want us to give JUH one more week with Naughton in the side. They are both quick and can apply good pressure. I'm not expecting much out of JUH but it's not like Hannan or Wallis are giving us anything anyway. Let's see what he can do as the 3rd tall with the nerves hopefully softening.

Out: Hannan, Wallis, Scott, JJ
In: Naughton, Dunkley, McNeil, Crozier

We have a lot of options available. Continual mediocre performances cannot be rewarded.

Naught - Wallis (love him but he is done)
Crozier - Young (doesnt do anything well)
McLean - Hannan (WHY?)
Don’t care - Scott (doesnt do enough)

I’d rather play Bendendo or Sweet than Lipi and Schache. They have had their chances give someone else a crack

Last edited:
I will pay money to give JUH another go. Take him to Gold Coast & play with him with Naughton and Bruce. Wasn't his day but loved his effort.

Out: Hannan, Wallis, Young
In: Dunkley, Mclean, Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes vs Suns - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back