Chris Scott Wants A Mid-Season Shutdown Implemented ............. What Bloody Next ???

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought byes were already giving players a break

I think the point is that the players getting their break (the bye, as you say) …

… but the coaching panel are not. The coaches still need to work during their bye round because future opponents are playing games. Playing no games during a bye round means the whole competition being able to take a week off.

I think the point is that the players getting their break (the bye, as you say) …

… but the coaching panel are not. The coaches still need to work during their bye round because future opponents are playing games. Playing no games during a bye round means the whole competition being able to take a week off.
What is he, a teacher?

Work 9 weeks, and get a couple of weeks off before the next 10 weeks, then end of year exams, then have 3 months off?

What is he, a teacher?

Work 9 weeks, and get a couple of weeks off before the next 10 weeks, then end of year exams, then have 3 months off?

Not really.

Senior coaching would be an all-consuming job - and not just in-season. There are 44 players to keep track of, 17 other teams to keep track of, media commitments, sponsor’s commitments, training prep with assistants, running training sessions, plotting Gameplan, game review, working with list management, working with medical staff, working with fitness staff, their own professional development, catching up with their bosses ( footy manager / CEO).

Just have the split round. Teams that had a bye play each other the next week so you don't have the fresh team against a group that played 6 days ago

It's really not that hard to schedule
I think a weeks break mid season for every club.
Every one has the rest one week.
For me the piddling around with different bye rounds is
nonsense.
Everyone gets tired have a week off all teams same week and give your selves a rest,

It is actually from the previous week end then bye, to playing again 2 weeks .

Radical because it would probably lose money not having any games for a weekend?
True I am thinking split round like the 2000s when it was 16 clubs.

22 game season and each side 10 or 11 games, there was a split round.

4 games are played one week , 4 others played next week

Those 4 games was a Friday night game, Saturday arvo game, Saturday night game and Sunday Arvo game. Then the other 8 clubs played the next week.

Once Tassie and the 20th side comes in, do a split round. Just add the 5th game on either Thursday night or Saturday arvo or Saturday night.

True I am thinking split round like the 2000s when it was 16 clubs.

22 game season and each side 10 or 11 games, there was a split round.

4 games are played one week , 4 others played next week

Those 4 games was a Friday night game, Saturday arvo game, Saturday night game and Sunday Arvo game. Then the other 8 clubs played the next week.

Once Tassie and the 20th side comes in, do a split round. Just add the 5th game on either Thursday night or Saturday arvo or Saturday night.
A week off is good. Perhaps play U/18s, State of Origin games for the Women, Promote State League Games, introduce an U/21s All Star Game - something interesting like that perhaps if the TV networks want some content.

It also reduces the question of who hasn't had a bye vs who has - so reduces the advantages / disadvantages etc.

Chris Scott Wants A Mid-Season Shutdown Implemented ............. What Bloody Next ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back