• Lade

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 25 32.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we have just been sitting around having zoom calls up until now I'd be pretty disappointed. Clubs have gone through processes with coaches who have sides playing finals in the past. Some have even been appointed mid-finals and left their current roles.

I’m a bit surprised there isn’t an existing megathread. So as we’re going to start building some steam let us channel our energies here.

Don Pyke has said in his latest email we expect the new coach to be in place by the end of the next three weeks. What else happens in that timeframe ?

“From a coaching standpoint we are in the market for a new Senior Coach and this process is thorough to attract and select the best candidate to lead the team forward. We expect this to be completed within three weeks”

🤔

So, I present to you a poll.
Who is the new Gaffer?

If we have just been sitting around having zoom calls up until now I'd be pretty disappointed. Clubs have gone through processes with coaches who have sides playing finals in the past. Some have even been appointed mid-finals and left their current roles.
Why do we need to rush it? We are the only club in the market for a senior coach

Do you have the OP on ignore? :p

Guilty

I’ve looked twice and couldn’t see it. Poxy ignore function

I actually do yes!

I imagine a significant portion of this board had no idea that thread existed.

I didn't know until like six weeks after it was created.

“From a coaching standpoint we are in the market for a new Senior Coach and this process is thorough to attract and select the best candidate to lead the team forward. We expect this to be completed within three weeks.”

Don Pyke’s member update this morning.

What does that date tie into I wonder ?

Some have even been appointed mid-finals and left their current roles.
When was the last time that happened though? Fairly sure teams kicked up a stink about 10-years ago or thereabouts where a couple of assistants walked as their sides were heading into prelims or wotnot, and the coaches association came to an agreement to not formally talk to coaches still involved in finals. Or something like that.

I certainly don't remember any senior appointee leaving during finals in the last few years at least.

“From a coaching standpoint we are in the market for a new Senior Coach and this process is thorough to attract and select the best candidate to lead the team forward. We expect this to be completed within three weeks.”

End of the quarter when the next BAS needs to be completed?

Waiting for assistant coaches of teams currently still playing to be freed up

ie Steven King, Brett Montgomerry (at the time), Ken Hinkley (🤮) etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because Ralph says we have only done Zoom interviews, it doesn't mean he is entirely correct.

Some candidates may have already had in person interviews but have kept it confidential.

It is not unusual for recruiters to not notify unsuccessful candidates, until the recruitment process is complete.

It's entirely possible that, whoever Ralph is speaking to, has not made the shortlist for in person interviews (but hasn't been notified as such).

Just because Ralph says we have only done Zoom interviews, it doesn't mean he is entirely correct.

Some candidates may have already had in person interviews but have kept it confidential.

It is not unusual for recruiters to not notify unsuccessful candidates, until the recruitment process is complete.

It's entirely possible that, whoever Ralph is speaking to, has not made the shortlist for in person interviews (but hasn't been notified as such).
What we are sure of is that we and Ralph has no idea. I would think f'rom experience that may be relevant' that tech 'consultant' would he doing the prelim interviews and relevant testing as part od a well structured multi stage process and feedback loop to the club. This is a big gig and would not be awarded after a chat and a coffee which is probably how journos are hired.

Wonder if it could be an idea if the supreme BF overlords make it so if you have a poster on ignore you just see the next post as OP instead of not letting you see the entire thread.
Or just have the mods be more careful with which poster has the first post when the split out a new thread ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back