Coburg Vs Box Hill/Cogs return

Remove this Banner Ad

why exactly is gourdis playing CHB ????
wasnt he a junior CHF ???

WTF is with our coaching staff ?

Matt, c-mon mate, with due respect to you, there has been no lack of coverage that the RFC intention was to rookie him in the attempt to turn him into a key defender.

I whole heartedly agree with the move. From my perspective with a LOT of work he could end up being a very capable defender.

Consider some simple ideas, at 193 he is slightly short for a key forward post even given his leap, but ideally sized for key defenders post. He has awsome closing speed to pester his opposition. We lack key talls desperatley. It appears he may not be the most natural of footballers, and thus he has more chance as a 'dour' backman than creative forward. Even if he reverts to the forward line in two years time, how much do you think he may have learned about keeping the ball in the forward 50? I really could go on ...

Now how about giving the RFC some due respect as well?

Matt, c-mon mate, with due respect to you, there has been no lack of coverage that the RFC intention was to rookie him in the attempt to turn him into a key defender.

I whole heartedly agree with the move. From my perspective with a LOT of work he could end up being a very capable defender.

Consider some simple ideas, at 193 he is slightly short for a key forward post even given his leap, but ideally sized for key defenders post. He has awsome closing speed to pester his opposition. We lack key talls desperatley. It appears he may not be the most natural of footballers, and thus he has more chance as a 'dour' backman than creative forward. Even if he reverts to the forward line in two years time, how much do you think he may have learned about keeping the ball in the forward 50? I really could go on ...

Now how about giving the RFC some due respect as well?

yeahh maybe your right .. i really dont want to see this go down the gurgler .. i actually wouldnt mind seeing him at CHB & rance @ Full Back

i'm not to sure where he would prefer to play :rolleyes:

Questioning our coaching?

It's common for young KPFs to be trained down back early in their careers. Teach them how defenders try to cut off your leads, increase their defensive qualities, test how committed they are to the team (by learning a difficult position that is less enjoyable) and most of all making them more versatile and useful so if they're not doing well up forward they can be switched down back.

Or you could let them rot in the reserve's forward line and not develop their game at all, whichever method you prefer :rolleyes:

In Dave's case he was not picked up in the ND. He was always a project player. Our coaches saw his strengths (elite pace, agility and aerial skills) to be a good fit for the backline, so we picked him in out of the leftovers bin as a project.

Hughes had training down back and he's bobbed up okay.

Spot on! No issue with him playing CHB.

Can anyone fill me in on how Putt is traveling? Has he been injured and coming back via the ressies or is it form related?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coburg Ressies win

Coughlan 7 touches and a goal in the first quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coburg Vs Box Hill/Cogs return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back