2nds Coburg vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuck and Webberley both playing haven't seen Batchelor.

5 minutes into second quarter the score is 11.7.73 to 0.0.0.

Half time: Port 15.7.97 Coburg 1.4.10 goal was kicked by Murphy on the siren.

Just quickly if today is anything to go by there are obvious reasons why players posters keep calling for aren't getting games. Will give a full rundown later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our depth is seriously poor. We have no genuine midfielders other than the ones that make up our senior team each week.

Our depth is seriously poor. We have no genuine midfielders other than the ones that make up our senior team each week.

Apart from Contin (who i don't know who played) and Moreton (who is out on personal leave) there is nada. Just shows how good Hislop played last week in their first win :D. I was leaning towards the first pick of the draft going to 1 key defender, and the rest mids. Might just make that all mids :rolleyes:

Our problem I think is that we don't have many flankers in our team who can play their role perfectly. Guys like Lids, Grigg, Morton, Houli, Edwards etc are onballers and wingmen, but they are named on the flanks each game because he don't have a Steve Johnson, or an Alan Didak, or a Mark LeCras.

Agree with need that tricky half forward who can go into the middle.

Suvere lack of depth in the midfield is evident when looking at our 2's. We are probably lucky we haven't copped any major injuries this year.

Tuck and Webberley both playing haven't seen Batchelor.

5 minutes into second quarter the score is 11.7.73 to 0.0.0.

Oh dear. Embarrassing stuff. Coburg's players are pretty ordinary but it still shows how far we have to go to get depth on our list.

Coburg Tigers 0.0 1.4 3.4 7.6 (48)
Port Melbourne 9.6 15.7 18.16 22.20 (152)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Murphy 3 Helbig 2 Webberley Tuck
Port Melbourne: Pitt 4 Galea 3 Dillon 3 Rose 3 Cain 3 Skipper 2 Batsanis Pinwill Sinclair Lynch

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Gourdis Murphy Post Jordan Rayson Tuck
Port Melbourne: Baird Cain Dillon Edwards Skipper Dwyer

Reserves:

Coburg Tigers 2.2 8.6 8.10 10.15 (75)
Port Melbourne 0.4 3.5 10.8 14.12 (96)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Lirosi 2 MacDonald 2 Lucin Dahl Collins Pound Madden Hicks
Port Melbourne: Allan 5 Scipione 3 LANGFORD Francis Dermott O'Farrell Smith Furey

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Cartelli Masters Groves MacDonald Jakobi Ambrose
Port Melbourne: Smith Allan Scipione Dermott Burge Wall

First off I had my son with me today so I couldn't exactly pay attention to everyone so what I did do was pay attention to those who the majority here would want to hear about.

Derickx - just like last game seems a mile off it. Gives away stupid free kicks in the ruck and has little or no impact around the ground. At this stage the only way he'll play AFL is if the other rucks are injured. Got injured before half time and didn't seem him in the second half
Gourdis - Does the defensive stuff really well i.e. spoils closes down leads but his disposal at times(see under pressure) is shocking, even when he has time and space to sum up whats going on he is only reasonable. The only difference between him and McGuane is that Goo is quicker.
Graham - backed up last games BOG display with a bog display. While he took a couple of nice contested grabs he had no real influence on the match. Was really disappointed in the 3rd quarter when he was playing forward led out for a ball and the kick dropped short and he just simply gave up on the contest and let Port run away. Not long after he was reported for making head high contact yet I believe that he hit the guy in the side. Following that Port went after him for a bit of retribution and he got involved in a couple of scuffles. The only positive was that he threw his body around.
Griffiths - died of starvation in the first half as the ball barely made it past the centre and when it did Coburg inevitably stuffed it up. His only touches were when pushing up past the wing. Second half he was asked to play down back and did a fair job, got out pointed a couple of times by a more experienced opponent. Pleasingly he was throwing his body into contests and came through unscathed. For mine needs a bit more time at Coburg before getting called up.
Nason - barely sighted him early on and had little impact on the game when I did finally notice him.
O'Rielly - Irish did ok all things considered, used the ball pretty well tried to create run and spread coming out of the backline and was even giving out advice to guys who have been playing the game a hell of a lot longer. Still a few ahead of him at this stage.
Post - like Griffiths starved early on and was then played loose in the backline when we were 6 goals down. Got his hands on the ball a few times and used it pretty well. Got frustrated with teammates in the second quarter when playing forward again and they simply wouldn't give him a chance by piss farting around with the ball. Spent a bit of time on the ball in the second half and kept on presenting as an option for the backline to kick to. Promising signs but still a fair way off AFL level at this stage.
Tuck - ok this might not be pleasing to some people but Tuck is in trouble. Was made to look slow today against a heap of young Port midfielders and unless the game is played as an in close dogfight he will constantly be exposed. Case in point is when it was a contested situation Tuck would invariably be the first one to the ball, but more often than not his dispoal would be a blind handball out which either hit a teammate under the pump or would go to a Port player. When it was out in the open invariably he would be led to the ball by his opponent. When he was able to get out in the open and find the ball he would often use it too advantage but those occassions were few and very far between. Finally to those that have used the line yeah but his old man played until his late 30's so Tuck can to. Just remember one thing Michael played his last game around 20 years ago when the game was a lot slower.

Unfortunately I didn't see/notice Helbig or Contin so can't comment on them. However I did see MacDonald playing in the reserves only thing I noticed him do was kicking a goal just before the end of the game.

Coburg Tigers 0.0 1.4 3.4 7.6 (48)
Port Melbourne 9.6 15.7 18.16 22.20 (152)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Murphy 3 Helbig 2 Webberley Tuck
Port Melbourne: Pitt 4 Galea 3 Dillon 3 Rose 3 Cain 3 Skipper 2 Batsanis Pinwill Sinclair Lynch

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Gourdis Murphy Post Jordan Rayson Tuck

BEST:
Wall

Despite the result good to see Goo named in our best again...this will no doubt amount to zero, nada, nix...

Thanks RT, great summation goo and his disposal shouldnt be an issue ,i mean we have selected the worst kick in the league in Hislop........so we can return to our old tried and tested habits of poor disposal.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Coburg vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back