Collingwood AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

What a joke, no robust discussion or questions of any depth, i look forward to my CFMEU meeting on Thursday.
Remember this , " if everyone is thinking alike,then no one is thinking."

Thanks for that 76

What would you have liked asked and discussed?

I would of liked to know in detail how our media is going to improve, what new shows can we expect?
will Ed be doing press red for ed again? What are the future plans for the VFL team and their coverage? How will the collingwood website be improved?

Sure there are plenty more things if I put some time into it. Don't get the point of most of those questions and a yep answer

I would of liked to know in detail how our media is going to improve, what new shows can we expect?
will Ed be doing press red for ed again? What are the future plans for the VFL team and their coverage? How will the collingwood website be improved?

Sure there are plenty more things if I put some time into it. Don't get the point of most of those questions and a yep answer
I think that's 76's shorthand.

I'm sure the response would have been more than one word:p

Just asked Pert about VFL coverage.

He said that media will be our biggest growth area - the last years have been about membership, now we move onto media. We aim to increase our content double to triple. Our current focus is on getting the new media centre up and going and staffed.

He asked me what I thought about current VFL coverage - I answered lukem does an awesome job, but it'd be good to get radio or video.

He was non-committal on anything for the VFL. He gave the impression that they'll need to ramp up their media dept (which they're doing) before they could consider that.

Thanks for asking Pert that Question.

Be very interesting what the new content will be

First , As the AFL`s most powerful Club, and greatest revenue generating Club, how, and why now ! do you want us to prop up these non Football State Clubs who are only in existence due to our popularity, when in effect it cost us 2 Flags against the propped up Brisvegas at the time ? . how have those wannabe`s travelling in the last decade !

First , As the AFL`s most powerful Club, and greatest revenue generating Club, how, and why now ! do you want us to prop up these non Football State Clubs who are only in existence due to our popularity, when in effect it cost us 2 Flags against the propped up Brisvegas at the time ? . how have those wannabe`s travelling in the last decade !

you tell em ! :drunk:

Did anyone ask how Collingwood, as the biggest revenue source in the AFL, going to fight the redistribution of our membership revenue to teams who cannot sign up members?
For our club, and our members, this is the biggest issue in 2014.
If the AFL want to give part of my membership money to Norf, I will no longer buy a membership.
Would not be surprised if 50% of the 60K plus member would feel the same if they were informed of such a move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone ask how Collingwood, as the biggest revenue source in the AFL, going to fight the redistribution of our membership revenue to teams who cannot sign up members?
If the AFL want to give part of my membership money to Norf, I will no longer buy a membership.
Would not be surprised if 50% of the 60K plus member would feel the same if they were informed of such a move.
Agree with this. If they start redistributing membership money, the AFL "competition" can heck off.

If 50 cents from ur membership goes towards making the competition even and exciting you will no longer support collingwood?

76you should have got to the one of the microphones and got a few people to join up to Big Footy ( or Nicks or EBW ) for their club info fix , as a few people there this evening have trouble getting the info from the club , that in the know fans and BF , Nicks & EBW posters know..

Your posts are very accurate re the AGM tonight , or did the club do a live stream , or were you busily typing on your ipad/iphone

Or ....

Or are you luke mason ?

If 50 cents from ur membership goes towards making the competition even and exciting you will no longer support collingwood?

I tend to take the view that the $1 I give to Collingwood MUST remain at Collingwood. It shouldn't be at my expense that other clubs are propped up. The AFL needs to work on stadium deals and distribution of their own funds before looking at our revenue streams.

What other sporting competitions world wide operate under such a Robin Hood revenue sharing model? How has it helped to improve their equalisation? Look no further than one of my teams the Oakland Raiders who haven't had a winning season since Brisbane's last premiership. I don't mean a play off season I simply mean a season with a record above 50% and they compete in one of the most competitively balanced leagues in the world.

Unfortunately the truth is there will always be minnows and at this point in time our game is the most equal in the world so I sure as shit ain't going to start funding other clubs vicariously through Collingwood! They will get their turn at the top through good coaching and drafting (as Port are about to) it's up to them to cash in like we have and put in place operating models that will allow them to sustain it in the long term.

Q: each year the services to members diminish, food is appalling, members disgruntled with service. We have have written but have got not response.

A: Justin Reeves answers "MCC problem". "We got asked this the last two years".

A: Ed we'll get onto it.

Typical response from Justin Reeves. Not good enough.

Is the for Social Media or For Fans of Boards like this one?

That was in the context of how big we are as a club rather than specifics about what the club has been doing, so yeah, we can take a small piece of that one!

Jeez a lot of the questions were decidedly average :p

Yeah, not every question would have been to everyone's tastes. That's always going to happen.

But there were a few questions there that, whilst they may seem petty, were borne out of frustration that the person had tried to get an answer out of the club through the normal channels, the person had not received an answer (or had received an unsatisfactory answer) so they escalated it to the AGM.

So the complaint wasn't just about "my seats are hard" or "the food is rubbish" or "why can't my mate on dialysis get a 7 game membership?" ... there was a strong subtext of "Why isn't the club listening to us?"

At one point Ed claimed that every email gets responded to, and there was some indignant murmurs amongst the members to that.

Last edited:
Yeah, not every question would have been to everyone's tastes. That's always going to happen.

from memory the 2010 AGM - after the flag - had folk complaning about the most stupid things, in between the simple 'well done collingwood' stuff.

keep most of the people happy most of the time and you are successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back