List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright mentioned in his video Grundy is about the medium to long term. I think end of next year who we target despite wherever we finish will be the result of the Grundy trade. As much as I’d love to target king, geeze the afl you’d think would do everything to avoid him leaving gc. Wouldn’t be surprised if they allow his salary outside the cap. If he leaves, they may as well fold the club. It’s just a nursery for others to pick from

Lol the SEN review of our period is farcical
Mcstay and Hill not in our best side?
Lol who writes this s**t?

McStay was targeted to play in our best side lacking key forward players.

Hill not on our best side?
We only chased him for 2 years running…purely because we want him to play in our VFL side…

Seriously….how some of these guys have jobs in the media is mind boggling.

Read Volkanos review for shits and giggles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again it was one game as a makeshift ruck. That's a very different proposition to doing it week in, week out against opposing rucks he's giving up 3-5 inches and 5-10kg to, and that's not even taking into account that we need him playing at CHF to straighten us up when we're going forward whichbbed him in the first place.

If we end up having to play McStay in the ruck next year for extended periods then things would already be going rather badly for us I suspect.
Obviously Mcstay is behind the 3 genuine rucks we have on our list and his role is a key forward who will probably give a ruck chop out.
But he's also there IF all 3 genuine rucks were somehow to be injured at the same time. This was said in response to you saying we are thin on ruck coverage.

We don't have any high end ruck talents now, but we have enough coverage.

Last edited:
Tom Phillips seems good mates with Tom Mitchell (overseas together). Should get him in our VFL team if he doesn't get plucked by another club.

Not bad depth tbh.

Lol the SEN review of our period is farcical
Mcstay and Hill not in our best side?
Lol who writes this s**t?

McStay was targeted to play in our best side lacking key forward players.

Hill not on our best side?
We only chased him for 2 years running…purely because we want him to play in our VFL side…

Seriously….how some of these guys have jobs in the media is mind boggling.
There’s quite a crowd lining to get egg on their face next year.

Have to admit I'm interested but he's no better than a 50/50 prospect at best.

I would have him over Poulter.
22 years of age.
2019 VFL Premiership player.
McRae was coach.
Not worth pick 51???
Come on…..
At least a rookie pick?
A likely future winger.
I reckon a re-union with Fly and Leppa is well worth a punt.

We also have Jetta, Leon and Krak to provide support.

But maybe Stack doesn’t want a career etc might prefer playing local footy with less pressure and demands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which one of these is based value as late first round pick?

Priority skill set:
- contested marking
-skills
-atheletism size
-
Probably Keeler & Lemmey. Jefferson may be gone before our 1st pick.
What about Madden? 204cm & 112kg at 18! Wouldn't be our first choice, though.

................ Seriously….how some of these guys have jobs in the media is mind boggling.
A job in the media - esp the Melbourne AFL media is no big deal -:none of them would last a day in a real job.
efa

Last edited:
Hill wouldn't be based on past performances -- flashy but inconsistent. Like Leon Davis in his first couple of years.

McStay is a decent journeyman who is much like a b-grade Mihocek. He gets a game because our KPP forward stocks are so average. He's no Jeremy Cameron, that's for sure. I would have preferred Henry given a better contract to stay over McStay, I'm afraid.

Henry was not staying for any money, not to mention he’s a midget as key forwards go.

All he has to do is punch the pill and prevent his opponent from taking contested marks. Some people are determined to be depressed and annoyed by whoever we recruit.
Yep 👍
I don’t know why we just didn’t sack the whole team and recruit the best players from each other club and guarantee a flag for the Pies.
I mean, how hard can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back