List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think some nepotism was involved in keeping Kelly on the list? McMahon looked better in patches this year, and is taller and younger. Likewise Poulter for potential.
V happy to be proven wrong, but am yet to see Kelly show any signs of being an AFL level player… after 4 years in the system
His VFL this year after returning from injury was really good, he should have played vs North but was left out in favour of backing Howe to play tall.

I crack an IPA.
I hanged out with the village drunks drinking white whisky, moonshine.
Pretty far down the track. Also bought a small bottle for tonight.

Should be feeling shit in the morning

Your account raises eyebrows at the best of times but the most odd thing is you always coming out of hibernation to defend Kelly for some reason.
Most interesting aspect to it is that it’s completely wrong. Kelly wasn’t overlooked for Howe to play tall we went with Ruscoe instead…

I personally don’t have an issue with people pumping up the likes of Ruscoe/ Kelly/ Bianco/ Wilson who are all on the cusp because each years a clean slate. The problem is more that with Dean and Frampton available Kelly is a long way back.

Because no one actually pays attention to most players and their games. They see one fumble and go 'Oh nup. crap game he played'

It's why i'm the best.
You’re the best around.

So today's the end of the first DFA selection period - no news on anyone we might be interested in?

(Yes I know there's another DFA selection period from Nov 11 - 15 but I thought there's be some smoke by now if we were looking at someone)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most interesting aspect to it is that it’s completely wrong. Kelly wasn’t overlooked for Howe to play tall we went with Ruscoe instead…

I personally don’t have an issue with people pumping up the likes of Ruscoe/ Kelly/ Bianco/ Wilson who are all on the cusp because each years a clean slate. The problem is more that with Dean and Frampton available Kelly is a long way back.
I don't think Kelly is a go-to for the full back/KPF defending role - he's more of a 3rd defender who can intercept - bit like Howe and Murphy

I don't think Kelly is a go-to for the full back/KPF defending role - he's more of a 3rd defender who can intercept - bit like Howe, Ruscoe and Murphy
EFA. He’s a KPD who’s only chance of making it is in that 3rd tall capacity because he lacks intensity and competitiveness. Like I said though clean slate, but it’s all ahead of him.

We literally only have 1 draft pick next year before the 4th round, so unless we make some moves to trade back in, there’s not going to be much to work with. I’d expect that after hitting the draft relatively hard for the past 3 years though (Macrae, Reef, Nick, this years first, 25, 27 Beau, Ginni), we’ll probably be looking more to trade in some established high end talent to compliment the youth we have.

Only 1 of those picks inside top 10, not sure you can say it's hitting the draft hard when you are reaching at every pick.

I would more term it had to bring in a heap of youth to counter the fire sale and natural attrition.

Only 1 of those picks inside top 10, not sure you can say it's hitting the draft hard when you are reaching at every pick.

I would more term it had to bring in a heap of youth to counter the fire sale and natural attrition.
Hard to get top 10 picks when you’re not in the 10 worst teams. You’re confusing hitting the draft hard and tanking.

Hard to get top 10 picks when you’re not in the 10 worst teams. You’re confusing hitting the draft hard and tanking.

Nah I'm not confusing anything.

They attempted to hit it hard by trading out Treloar and Stephenson but didn't get the picks they thought they would.

If you get 6 picks in the 15 to 35 range over 2 years you are really only in a crap shoot with extra tickets.

Hitting the draft hard has always been seen as loading up on top end talent. Not loading up in later rounds.

Nah I'm not confusing anything.

They attempted to hit it hard by trading out Treloar and Stephenson but didn't get the picks they thought they would.

If you get 6 picks in the 15 to 35 range over 2 years you are really only in a crap shoot with extra tickets.

Hitting the draft hard has always been seen as loading up on top end talent. Not loading up in later rounds.
THey were on a winner when Treloar's partner signed her netball contract up North. A keen GC and they were getting an early pick. Then when Treloar said no to leaving Melbourne - they went into complete numpty mode and started trashing his price.

Probably our second most costly move in 2019 was not having a second rounder to secure a Chad Warner. We started with Rantall who was an alright player with a decent tank. Then we moved to Bianco who will be a future gun before selecting Ruscoe who could be anything. We just lacked that second round selection who is slightly less speculative and has more upside.

So today's the end of the first DFA selection period - no news on anyone we might be interested in?

(Yes I know there's another DFA selection period from Nov 11 - 15 but I thought there's be some smoke by now if we were looking at someone)
The only type of player I could imagine us wanting to pick up as a DFA is a ruck and there is a dearth of them on the market.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must be thinking of when we floated Degoey then.
Nah that was the same year. We floated the idea in 2019, a year before we traded him. Asked them what it would take to get their first pick, they said de goey or treloar. Was never an option in our minds in 2018, as thats when we recruited beams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back