List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McEvoy would be our best ruckman if we brought him in. He already has a ruck/ruck rover connection with Mitchell too.
Agree - seems like a good option, especially if: we can get him for minimum chips and we don't invest in an emerging/development ruck in the draft

Parish, McKay etc are a dream

Realistically from that list though I think Fiorini and Bonner are the most likely from a point of attainability, cost and lack of a bidding war for services

Either offer some ready made midfield and defensive depth… whether they succeed or not is another question

And Fly has this year shown interest in such ready made options now that we are contending
We need A Grade quality not second tier players. Pass

We need A Grade quality not second tier players. Pass

Lol

I’m just saying what I think is more likely given none of our recent arrivals in Lipinski, mcstay, hill Frampton… and one could argue as he’s past his best (but still very good) Mitchell are not A grade players

The list management are now more into plugging gaps… not going all out on ‘star’ players

Lol

I’m just saying what I think is more likely given none of our recent arrivals in Lipinski, mcstay, hill Frampton… and one could argue as he’s past his best (but still very good) Mitchell are not A grade players

The list management are now more into plugging gaps… not going all out on ‘star’ players
Ned Guy addressed our cap in two ways - the high profile trades and culling all our depth. Wright has had to address three things, salary cap, depth and a big hole in a particular age group. I'd suggest that he's a fair way down the road of addressing all three. What we do next is unknown, but I suspect that we're now in a position to look at the top shelf of recruits.

Ned Guy addressed our cap in two ways - the high profile trades and culling all our depth. Wright has had to address three things, salary cap, depth and a big hole in a particular age group. I'd suggest that he's a fair way down the road of addressing all three. What we do next is unknown, but I suspect that we're now in a position to look at the top shelf of recruits.
There must be lots of spots on the top shelf to accommodate us with our modest selections. :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol

Yes because we tried the star approach with Treloar and Beams and it didn't work. We can have Lipinski, Kreuger, Hill, McStay, Frampton and Mitchell for less than the price we paid for Treloar and Beams.

Last edited:
Yes because we tried the star approach with Treloar and Beams it didn't work. We can have Lipinski, Kreuger, Hill, McStay, Frampton and Mitchell for less than the price we paid for Treloar and Beams.
Treloar and Beams different beasts. Treloar offloaded against his will. Beams (mk 2) a total flop and an indictment on those who pushed for his return.

Lol

That reinforces the point though, we’ve loaded up on that type of player already, and now we need A graders. We won’t know what we need until we see how our experiments from this years trade and free agency period work out.

That reinforces the point though, we’ve loaded up on that type of player already, and now we need A graders. We won’t know what we need until we see how our experiments from this years trade and free agency period work out.

It’s my guess what they will do… given what they have done.

Not my endorsement. Comprehending the point I’m making is the place to start

Lol

You don’t think that might be more about the circumstances of the salary cap, state of the list and player availability?

You don’t think that might be more about the circumstances of the salary cap, state of the list and player availability?

Certainly…

but it could also be a case of them having learnt in recent years that luring star players like Beams… free agent or not… comes at a contractual price and with its own set of risks

Just a thought. Would love for them to bring in a parish, Serong, etc

Just think it’s unlikely

Certainly…

but it could also be a case of them having learnt in recent years that luring star players like Beams… free agent or not… comes at a contractual price and with its own set of risks

Just a thought. Would love for them to bring in a parish, Serong, etc

Just think it’s unlikely
We didn’t drop Grundy to bring in Fiorini, we should be looking to lure a big fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back