List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love that, I rekon when Fly took the job he wanted a fresh start with the club but as time went on in my opinion he has seen how valuable Pendles is from on field to off field, the man's preparation is second to none.

Only takes one injury unfortunately as we saw with Swanny.
Swanny was an absolute calamity - I firmly believe it cost us a flag.

If we use it we will be comparing pick 25 with Henry, unfairly.
The draft is not the best , so Hine will have to do some of his best work to get a player in Henrys standard

No, he is beyond terrible. Worse than Cal Brown

That’s not a very nice thing to say about someone. Even if they do play for Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Phillips seems good mates with Tom Mitchell (overseas together). Should get him in our VFL team if he doesn't get plucked by another club.

I don't think Stack has the drive to push himself to be the best he can, they would have kept him otherwise
22 years of age.
2019 VFL Premiership player.
McRae was coach.
Not worth pick 51???
Come on…..
At least a rookie pick?
A likely future winger.
I reckon a re-union with Fly and Leppa is well worth a punt.

McStay and Frampton can both ruck apparently

Not really and certainly not for extended periods.

McStay is undersized at 195cm and we need him playing CHF anyway. Could he pinch hit for a bit as 2nd ruck in a game or two - maybe. Playing first ruck for the full 120 mins for an extended period is a different proposition though.

Frampton hasn't ever really shown any indication of being an effective ruck at AFL level.

I don't think Stack has the drive to push himself to be the best he can, they would have kept him otherwise

Neither did Stengle ... until it happened this year when given his last chance.

I'd be all over Sydney Stack if I were GW and Fly - has exactly the kind of mercurial brilliance and toughness that we are lacking in general.

Just imagine Bruzzy and Stack doing their best Bash Brothers impression down back, or Mccreery, Ginni and Stack giving opposition defenders fits whenever the ball hits the ground inside F50.

Edit: The one blocker to that is that we'd need to free up another list spot (even after delisting Madgen), which would mean delisting either Poulter or Carmichael as the only other two possible players we could let go of this year and there's an argument for keeping both (everyone else is contracted for next year).

Last edited:
Not really and certainly not for extended periods.

McStay is undersized at 195cm and we need him playing CHF anyway. Could he pinch hit for a bit as 2nd ruck in a game or two - maybe. Playing first ruck for the full 120 mins for an extended period is a different proposition though.

Frampton hasn't ever really shown any indication of being an effective ruck at AFL level.
McStay did a good job in the ruck for Brisbane in their final.

I was thinking he would make for the perfect Cox replacement. Instead of two rucks that struggle as forwards we have one ruck and a forward that can pinch hit

Tom Phillips seems good mates with Tom Mitchell (overseas together). Should get him in our VFL team if he doesn't get plucked by another club.

I be happy to have him on our VFL list - Not our AFL List though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back