List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying they would ever leave, but SOS tried his best when they were kids.
He would try to get his own son before he tries to get Nick and by the time Nick is out of contract (end of 2025) SOS would have fallen on his sword at the Aints well and truly by then.

Ben McKay is a FA and would be an incredible addition if we could get him.

Wright said during the trade period that moving on Brodie wasn't for the now but more so the next several years. Surely we could put an offer that he might consider accepting.

I wonder if we’ll target players we had interest in the Nick Daicos draft - Wilmot/ Tunstill

He would try to get his own son before he tries to get Nick and by the time Nick is out of contract (end of 2025) SOS would have fallen on his sword at the Aints well and truly by then.
Highly unlikely he tries to poach Jack from Carlton. There’s all sorts of salary cap implications at play there, much like when GWS had to pay Tom Scullys dads wage under their salary cap after recruiting him.
Only reason they didn’t have to do that at Carlton was because as a FS pick, Jack was going there regardless of whether his Dad worked there or not.

DISCLAIMER - I'm about to get very very silly but it's something to think about

Nat Fyfe looks to me, like someone who is not feeling the love at Fremantle and is an unrestricted free agent ..
Jeremy McGovern is also going to be out of contract and may be interested in living closer to his brother at Carlton.

If we think ourselves to be a near-finished product and have a bit of spare cash available to tempt a known quantity for a position of need .. would we be interested in either of these guys? If we could be reasonably confident they will avoid injury, would we back ourselves to revitalise them and have them pinch a flag with us?

I was reflecting on the current list yesterday and the team Friday night, this side is one of the best field kicking teams I've see Collingwood role out. Combine their kicking ability with their running capacity and it's an exciting unit!
I'm beginning to look at us in a different light after Friday night. I always feel we are the gutsy always slightly undermanned hardworking team when we play the better-quality teams but I think we could be classified as a top quality team with a few more performances like that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DISCLAIMER - I'm about to get very very silly but it's something to think about

Nat Fyfe looks to me, like someone who is not feeling the love at Fremantle and is an unrestricted free agent ..
Jeremy McGovern is also going to be out of contract and may be interested in living closer to his brother at Carlton.

If we think ourselves to be a near-finished product and have a bit of spare cash available to tempt a known quantity for a position of need .. would we be interested in either of these guys? If we could be reasonably confident they will avoid injury, would we back ourselves to revitalise them and have them pinch a flag with us?
Not stupid at all. Fyffe looks miserable every time I see him on the screen. How old is McGovern?

Not stupid at all. Fyffe looks miserable every time I see him on the screen. How old is McGovern?
Right? Something is definitely going on there, you can feel the tension.

I believe the Gov is about 30/31, which surprises me because I thought he was older. A little old but he wouldn't even be the third oldest veteran at our club. Can't help but feel like these 2 veterans are ripe for a meeting with Graham Wright, who made a name for himself at Hawthorn by recruiting (disillusioned?) older players as a finishing piece during Hawthorns premiership window - particularly key defenders.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Fyfe - has a quiet year like Mitchell last year and then we go bang and play him in midfield.

But he would have to take less coin.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I was reflecting on the current list yesterday and the team Friday night, this side is one of the best field kicking teams I've see Collingwood role out. Combine their kicking ability with their running capacity and it's an exciting unit!

One of the most bizarre things about Buckley, who was such a brilliant kick, is that he didn't seem to rate the art very highly at all when assembling his team.

One of the most bizarre things about Buckley, who was such a brilliant kick, is that he didn't seem to rate the art very highly at all when assembling his team.
He couldn't kick it for them.

With the amount of excuses there are for Buckley during his coaching tenure you’d think there wasn’t anything he could do to impact the playing group whatsoever.
Almost got us a cup but scumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back