List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai Lohman, Elijah Hewett and Sam Flanders are the only 3 potentially gettables I’m really interested in this year.

Would love to hold onto Finn in the process.
Flanders for sure. Under Dew, he wasn't as popular but has been freed up since the unjust departure.

Liam Ryan is interesting and seemingly gettable. Was the best small forward in the league at his best IMO but that was 3 years ago now. Still only 26 years old.

Liam Ryan is interesting and seemingly gettable. Was the best small forward in the league at his best IMO but that was 3 years ago now. Still only 26 years old.
Most of the time since, the ball hasn't spent much time in the WC forward line.

Out of all the gettable players this trade period, I want Flanders and Naughton.

F12QUCAaAAAkLcJ

I think you're right that we hold the cards in-so-much as Macrae is contracted. Having said that if Macrae told the club he'd like to leave I doubt we'd stand in his way.

I think we'd be looking at no better than a 3rd rounder. Our job is to convince him his future is here and hope he is patient and that he comes on.

It's a tough position for Macrae. I reckon i'd feel my career was slipping away in the VFL if I were in his shoes.
They really should of "just played him" for a few games this year and rested Mitchell and Adams..

Maybe 3 to 4 games.

Hope he stays ....but if he does

JUST PLAY HIM

Out of all the gettable players this trade period, I want Flanders and Naughton.

F12QUCAaAAAkLcJ
The Bulldogs have to clear out a tall and Naughton is the most likely to leave. Naughton's dad would sign the contract for him at the Pies if it was offered - he hasn't stopped supporting the Pies.

By what metric? His form has been solid enough over the course of the past 2 seasons, but I fail to see how anyone could possibly claim that he’s still improving as a player. I think you’ve resorted to a bit of hyperbole there Pablo.
Was going to respond to your previous post if “why 2 years”….but this post will do :)

A number of reasons as to why 2 years
1: loyalty. Nice gesture that doesn’t impact us at all.
2: if he doesn’t make it to year 2, multiple options to r place him (SSP, MSD)….so unbelievably low risk.
Far more options now than previously.
Suspect trading will also be an option MS in 2 years.
Salary cap growth expectation also means it’s basically a free hit.

So if he doesn’t make it to year 2, it’s hardly going to cost us is coin or list spot.

I’ve got to be careful with how much I give away, but I’m as close to 100% confident Naughton will be at Collingwood at some stage in his career.

He’s out of contract end of 2024, he isn’t a free agent until/if he signs to end of 2025, so I don’t know what year he will come here but I think there is an understanding between his manager and Wrighty.

Personally, I would do it at the end of this season.

I’ve got to be careful with how much I give away, but I’m as close to 100% confident Naughton will be at Collingwood at some stage in his career.

He’s out of contract end of 2024, he isn’t a free agent until/if he signs to end of 2025, so I don’t know what year he will come here but I think there is an understanding between his manager and Wrighty.

I've been told something similar. He'd love to come if a deal could be done.

I hope Lippa has been getting in his ear

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need another key forward?

If Liam Ryan is available for a decent price that is definitely intriguing.

Off-season adding Naughton and Ryan would make us pretty unstoppable.

Hypothetically, what would it take to get Naughton over the line?

Hard to imagine the dogs would leap at a couple of late teen picks pushed back by academy/father sons…

Damian Barrett suggesting that there’s no contract offer to Jack Silvagni.

Interesting forward/ruck coverage. Wouldn’t cost the earth. And would cut Carlton supporters up.

What’s not to like about that?

If he does join us, I hope he cuts his hair and gets rid of that stupid headband that makes him look like he's just stepped out of ONJ's 'Lets get physical' video.
I don’t. In fact, I want him to keep it and turn up to training in an aerobics leotard every week.

Macrae for Naughton I’m convinced. One can’t get a game, one can’t kick straight. Fair straight swap in my 📕
Of the Bulldogs key forwards, Naughton's 60% accuracy is the best. Lobb is a 58% shot at goal, and Ugle-Hagan is a truly woeful 46%. Even Bont is only a 54% shot at goal.

Weightman is their only reliably accurate high-volume kick for goal.

F12QUCAaAAAkLcJ
Would love him
However, is he more of need than a young elite mid to support Nick?
What would that mean for McStay (and for Collingwood on the hook for another 4 years?) can he be support? Could he play another role?
What would a fair trade look like?

I don’t know about the above, just posing questions/ thoughts

Someone to fill the gap that Pendlebury will leave would be ideal , but nobody playing could do that. Strangely, his influence on our performance this year seems undervalued as everyone is looking at Daicos. Doesn't upset me, but it looks like a bit of football ageism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back