List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically Sydney probably see him as their missing piece to take them to a premiership ala Tom Mitchell (along with Grundy)

Happy for him to go though if he wants to squeeze every drop of juice from the lemon and extend his career.

Better to get something decent for him whilst he has value and they are desperate for his type of player.

A pick in the twenties ( which probably ends up about pick 30) wouldn’t have me picking up the phone from Sydney

He is contracted. Sydney pay up or he stays.
This approach is BS.
Yes he is a contracted player but this is not how we as a club treat a loyal VC.

After the pain of missing the GF and the knowledge that he may be either taking the spot of a younger player, or have his place taken.
If Adams speaks with the club and requests a trade, we make that trade and I wouldn't care if it was pick 40.

We say thank you for your service, sorry about the GF and best of luck.

According to Mitch Cleary Adams was only given until Tuesday to prove his fitness for the grand final. They didn't give him up until Thursday and he isn't happy he wasn't given every chance.

That seems weird since it was reported that he was the one who alerted the club during that session that something just didn’t feel right.

Not necessarily that he had reinjured it.

If Taylor wasn’t in contract at the end of this year, we’d give him a contract on peanuts or delist him.

Sydney will definitely be giving 2 years with a trigger for a 3rd year.

Taylor’s (lack of) durability is the reason we are okay with him leaving. He was one of the best forward half players this year.
I thought you had grown out of this? You are seriously suggesting a club would delist a 30yo bloke who had just played 23 games in the season, picked whenever available? Really?

According to Mitch Cleary Adams was only given until Tuesday to prove his fitness for the grand final. They didn't give him up until Thursday and he isn't happy he wasn't given every chance.

He's requesting a trade. He's toured the facilities, clearly isn't a required player and it gives opportunity to youth. He probably wasn't thrilled by the cahoots of Ginni, either.

Adams is contracted and a vice captain. He has missed finals, not finals campaigns. He just played the most games in a season of his career. None of the youngsters you have named will get near Adams' output this year, nor his likely output next.

Has a potential Adams trade been discussed by anyone, anywhere?
In todays Hun and The Age website

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Taylor wasn’t in contract at the end of this year, we’d give him a contract on peanuts or delist him.

Taylor’s (lack of) durability is the reason we are okay with him leaving. He was one of the best forward half players this year.
The bolded is absolute rubbish

I can still see him leaving. Plenty of premiership winners have left the season of their Grand Final victory.
why would he leave? he's just gotten himself back into the team. He's determined to improve his game and a big pre-season, and only 20.
Its not happening.

I thought you had grown out of this? You are seriously suggesting a club would delist a 30yo bloke who had just played 23 games in the season, picked whenever available? Really?

He keeps getting injured. There’s a reason we are okay with him leaving.

Do you trust Adams to get through next year or the year after?

He keeps getting injured. There’s a reason we are okay with him leaving.

Do you trust Adams to get through next year or the year after?
He just played 23 games. The timing was terrible, his overall availability has been fine. But that is a different question to the absolute garbage assertion that if he was out of contract we might delist him. It's that kind of crap that makes you sound like a young fool.

He's requesting a trade. He's toured the facilities, clearly isn't a required player and it gives opportunity to youth. He probably wasn't thrilled by the cahoots of Ginni, either.

You’re bringing Ginni watching a few horse races into this? I thought Duursma was the one drawing long bows…

Like the idea of striking while the iron is hot. Most teams around us are looking to improve so I'm sure we're looking to do the same.

The concussions for Murphy are beginning to tally up so I can see a time when he gets tapped on the shoulder and understandby so. Hopefully Dean gets a good crack at it next year but might need another option. Especially with Howe getting on. Or you just throw the sink at JUH or McDonald or lesser extent Cadman next year and swing McStay back. Unlikely but who knows.

On Adams, Someone like a Yeo who can play multiple positions could be use. Obviously providing he's fit. Holmes is another option however would be more difficult prying him out a year out from his contract expiring.

Reckon the Ruck role is one to keep an eye out. Moyle is one but think they'll expect a fair bit but he is out of contract next year. However we know we don't need to overcommit on the ruck position

Simply ludicrous. We would not delist someone who was a fixture of our best 23, played almost all available games, and is a vice captain. What utter nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back