List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I would disagree, I think defence is our primary area of need. With the exit of Murphy our backline really struggled this season, giving up sometimes multiple 4 goal bleeds in games. The midfield is obviously an area that needs to be bolstered, but with the arrival of Perryman it's a concern that can be properly addressed next off-season. For now we have enough depth to have a good run at it.

Can he replace the murphy role? I would have thought thats our need, with Frampton not quite good enough to free up Moore.

In any event, Im glad to hear all the responses to my earlier post , as they all praise houston very highly, and he sounds very creative and impactful

I know I'm leaving myself open for heartbreak but

CD0Owu.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't the narrative around Houston changed over there the past few days. He's gone from future Carlton absolute gun to list clogging, overpriced Collingwood spud
They’ve even become AFL list managers and are stating how bad the deal is for GCS, how Noble is a defender that doesn’t defend and is worthless, and if they were running GCS, they’d tell the Piss to piss off.

Collingwood is in the box seat to land Port Adelaide’s Dan Houston after becoming the frontrunner to secure Gold Coast’s pick 13.

The Suns have confirmed they would prefer to deal with the Magpies first on a potential deal for pick 13 as part of Gold Coast’s chase for John Noble.

It has delivered a huge boost to Collingwood’s hopes of landing Houston as the Magpies would look to on-trade pick 13 to Port Adelaide as the centrepiece of a trade for Houston.

The Magpies would be thrilled to acquire Houston, who is a two-time All-Australian, as he represents a significant upgrade on Noble as a rebounding defender for the senior team next season.

Collingwood small forward Joe Richards, who has requested a trade to the Power, also looks likely to be involved in the Houston exchange.

Carlton was seen as the frontrunner for Houston, but the Herald Sun revealed on Friday Collingwood had muscled in on its arch-rival in a major twist late last week.

Collingwood would also have to include a sweetener to Gold Coast to land pick 13 for Noble, but the selection looms as one of the most important pieces of the puzzle in this trade period.

And it will have a significant impact on next year’s premiership race as Collingwood has already nabbed GWS free agent Harry Perryman and is in a strong position for Houston.

The two playmakers would help turbo charge the Magpies’ ball movement after missing the finals in 2024.

Port Adelaide also took a strong stance on Monday, saying it would only trade Houston for an attractive deal involving at least one decent draft pick.

And the 2023 premier holds all the leverage as Collingwood could hold Noble to his contract unless it helps land pick 13 from the Suns.

Leppitsch said the Magpies were “very” keen on Houston after meeting with the two-time All-Australian.

“We would love to see him in our colours next year,” Leppitsch said.

“Obviously, there’s a lot to play out over the next 10 days or so.

“He is a two-time all Australian in his position.

“Looking at John, who is the same position, and the possibility of him leaving our football club, so there is a pretty obvious replacement there, isn’t there?

“He wants to get to Melbourne first and foremost and there is a couple of us who want his services, but the deal itself will be the most important part.”

Leppitsch said the Pies were in a strong position to receive a good outcome in a Noble trade, if he is released, as expected.

And he said there was uncertainty over picks in the middle rounds of the draft, which underlines the club’s preference for ready-made mature-agent talent as it guns for the 2025 flag.

“When you have a guy like John Noble, you’ve got a 27-year-old established guy, you know what you are getting every week,” he said.

“Maybe pick 1 or 2 (in the draft) you know what you are going to get, but as you hit the middle parts of the draft it is a bit of a raffle at times.”

He did along with extending Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips and in the role of list manager when Beams was acquired. He was desperately unlucky with the timing of Covid because we’d probably have gotten through all of that without the cap reductions, but he was the master of his own demise.
This is something that gets forgotten the salary cap reduction ****ed us

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back