List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

According to The Age, it seems that Pies are very much the first option for a Houston deal. We are dealing with the Suns and Power, with Blues not yet in the picture. It's only if we can't get a deal done that the Blues may get in.

Nice to hear that we're looking to keep pick 23 for the draft. Not sure if that's possible, but good we are still keen to keep the earliest pick possible, we do need to bring in quality draftees.

Last edited:

We want to keep 23 for the draft if we get it. We clearly want to improve our draft hand

Collingwood’s plan in securing pick 13 would be to tie it with Joe Richards in a deal with Port for Houston. They want to keep pick 23 to take to the draft.

Really? I would make that swap without hesitation.

Kennedy played every game this year in a side that was one of the best performed until thankfully derailed by injury. By contrast 22 year old, 4th year player Fin couldn’t secure a spot in our side even when we in the midst of our own injury crisis.

With Perryman coming in and Allan looking the goods as an inside midfielder, Fin is heading into 2025 very much on the outer. And Kennedy has demonstrated far more positional flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sounds fair so let's start pushing it.

We want to keep 23 for the draft if we get it. We clearly want to improve our draft hand

Doubt 13 and Richard’s alone would get Houston. Richard’s if we traded just with port would prob net us 37. it’s still an upgrade on what Carlton offered. Would need something else. Leppa has his work cut out. Might be some wheeling and dealing with Luko in the mix that’s gets it there somehow

IMG_0701.gif

Mitchell was showing signs before his injury. Whether the the time outs helped him is anyone's guess.

Crisp had an up and down season is also getting on in years.

Degoey has a cloud over his head and never truly seems to play a full season to high level week to week due to injury or fitness.

I don't think it's as set in stone as some want to believe, yup there is an equal chance they all come back firing on all cylinders but it's not a foregone conclusion that none of them will go backwards or have less then 2 years ago form.

Or he was carrying the injury before it was announced and his form was impacted.

Doubt 13 and Richard’s alone would get Houston. Richard’s if we traded just with port would prob net us 37. it’s still an upgrade on what Carlton offered. Would need something else. Leppa has his work cut out. Might be some wheeling and dealing with Luko in the mix that’s gets it there somehow

View attachment 2136550

I'd reject 13 and Richards for Houston also.

If Carlton are prepared to offer up a future 1st and 2nd for pick 13 then that's the going rate also I'm afraid.

Add 36 to our future 1st, Noble and get 13 and 23.

Houston for 13 and 23.

Richards and 52 for 39.

Port send future 1st for Lukosious (and his large contract) and pick 41.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2136550
Maybe we can swap F2's as a sweetener.
So 13, F2 and richards
and we get a F2 back

Steroid cycling for years would not in anyway helped that condition.

Anyway Arnie is no Stephenson genetically either. Different conditions of the heart. Arnold's often is not noticed till older aged.

Here is a blip for stepho pre draft:
"genetic form of arrhythmia, with Stephenson requiring six beta blockers per day."
I’m not here to argue about Stephenson, just letting you know you were wrong on Arnie, nothing more.

I know there's plenty of water to go under the bridge and maybe even a surprise or two, but it's good that we're on track to improve our list for 2025 whereas plenty of our rivals (or ladder leaders) - other than Geelong - are looking like treading water or going backwards.

Brisbane losing Daniher, Sydney losing Parker, Port losing Houston, Bulldogs losing depth etc.

Essendon and Carlton doing SFA.

The biggest movers are similarly placed to us: Hawthorn, Fremantle and the Gold Coast.

It was a massive mistake, we recruited because he wanted to come to us, not for need. Richards wants to leave because we have a surplus of small forwards. We paid a 1st and 2nd rounder for him. Had we not done that, it would have been simpler to trade for Houston or others with a top 10 pick especially if we could bring another in.

Houston is little different. We have adequate options to play that HB role, and a couple of developing options as well. Both improve the quality of our best 22 though as things stand today.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back