List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure I remember you and others saying similar things in 2020, then we made some moves and won a flag by 2023.
Things are never as bad as BF downers make them out to be. I mean, bitching about having nobody to replace Moore? Really? He’s 28, he’ll still have a good 4 years left in him minimum, there’s plenty of time to draft/trade or get a free agent KPD in that time. You’re not even waiting to see what happens over this trade/draft period before declaring we’re doomed. Just stop, it’s ridiculous.

This is in no way a dig at you Apex but how the **** do you remember posters and what they've said so specifically. I struggle to remember names/faces IRL let alone poster names and content on here 😂

Some of these mature agers have said they weren’t ready as teenagers but as they mature they take the next step.
Not everyone is a Nick Daicos. Patience is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they should be given 3 years to see what they can do. Or maybe a 4th year if still under 21.

Delist hai injuries, I just couldn’t see where Murphy would fit in, and then he grows to become an important player and premiership player.

I think Ryan really needs to show some of the traits he was recruited for. From memory wasn’t he a great user of the ball?

It’s concerning the club hasn’t got much to show from our drafts from 2020 on. Imagine if Daicos didn’t come along….

The club should take a closer look at player development and recruitment.

Thought I might add my 2 cents on how we should go about this off season and our list. Trying to be as realistic as possible.

Trades:
Pies Give: John Noble
Suns Give: Pick 20

Pies Give: Joe Richards and Pick 48
Port Give: Pick 37 and Future 3rd Pick (2025)

Pies Give: Ash Johnson and Pick 37 (from Port for Richards)
Crows Give: Mark Keane

Pies Give: Pick 32
Bombers Give: Ben Hobbs (Hopefully he requests a trade to us)

With pick 20 draft a key position forward (ideally one of the Whitlock brothers)

Try trade Reef McInnes for future 3rd and 4th round (2025) picks next year to get points for McGuane. If a deal can’t get done give Reef a rookie contract.

If Suns delist Alex Davies try recruit him as a delisted free agent

If Saints delist Jack Hayes try recruit him as a delisted free agent

Keep Long, Dean and Bytel all on the rookie list for another year

Give Kreuger a 1 year deal

Delist: Sullivan and Eyre

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Delist Eyre after we brought him in knowing he won’t play the 1st half of the season? Now that would be rough.

I think they should be given 3 years to see what they can do. Or maybe a 4th year if still under 21.

Delist hai injuries, I just couldn’t see where Murphy would fit in, and then he grows to become an important player and premiership player.

I think Ryan really needs to show some of the traits he was recruited for. From memory wasn’t he a great user of the ball?

It’s concerning the club hasn’t got much to show from our drafts from 2020 on. Imagine if Daicos didn’t come along….

The club should take a closer look at player development and recruitment.

From what I saw it was his decision making as opposed to a pure skill issue with his disposal, seemed a bit hesitant and slow making a decision and then tried to pick the eyes out of something that wasn't really there after the opposition had manned up usually when he turned it over.

That sort of thing can be taught to some degree but it's also a part of natural development in young footballers adjusting to the pace of the game.

tbf, McMahon was out of contract. We never extended his contract early or at all.
No. But he was a teenager, key position and only got to show what he could do on the initial 2 yr contract. Not saying we made the wrong decision, but the club has flicked players early on their careers without giving them time.

This is in no way a dig at you Apex but how the **** do you remember posters and what they've said so specifically. I struggle to remember names/faces IRL let alone poster names and content on here 😂
There are certain posters on this board who make doom and gloom their calling card. It annoys me enough that their posts stick in my memory unfortunately.

No. But he was a teenager, key position and only got to show what he could do on the initial 2 yr contract. Not saying we made the wrong decision, but the club has flicked players early on their careers without giving them time.
I thought he should be given more time given key position players take time.
I think there may have been questions on his ability or inability to add on the weight required

To be honest I share your concerns, but the Pies are in their window so they HAVE to try their best to win it if they can.

Now, there is a solution for this that meets both intent, the now and the future. Players like Howe, Pendles and Sidebottom should NOT be playing more than 2 games in a row. They need to alternate but a the Pies need to blood younger players.

But step 1 is to trade for 4-5 under 26 year olds during the off-season. Then those players will get 16-17 games easily if the Pies can alternate the trio of Pendles, Side and Howe.

Then hopefully come August 2025, that rotation are in the best 22 as interchange or even best 18 on the field, with Pendles, Side and Howe coming off the bench or play 5 minutes then rest and only play 75% of the game minutes.

Trade using what currency? We don't have draft picks (and if we did, we wouldn't trade them, we'd use them to get younger), and we wouldn't trade any young quality (see above, our goal is to get younger), so which older players do you propose we can trade to get 4-5 useful 25 or below players?

Would you trade any of Moore, De Goey, Maynard, McStay, Crisp, Cameron, Schultz? Noble already going, so that's one, but I doubt we accept anything other than a draft pick in return (if we can get pick 20). I assume we don't get quality back for the any of the older players like Elliott, Mihocek, Howe, etc.

We had the cap space to ask Suns about a Bowes style deal for Lukoscious 2 x 1m

I’m sure it would have taken a lot of list juggling , back loading and extending contract etc. petracca cos contract is much bigger and longer so would have been more difficult to manage.

And beside, only responds to half my point. Where’s the trade capital for petracca? it’s not going to be a bowes situation which was also probably impossible with lukosious.

He was not a key position player.

Key position height maybe, but never played like one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I can't let go and I'm always right whatever the topic"
Perhaps a title that can be associated with our great is more apt?
My suggestion; Circle Work.
PS: I thought about substituting two of the letters but it would lose its affinity.

Perhaps a title that can be associated with our great is more apt?
My suggestion; Circle Work.
PS: I thought about substituting two of the letters but it would lose its affinity.
There's a few possibilities but it's Sunday night - don't want to offend anyone - got to work tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back