List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an inside outside role. How many decent mids don't have a good enough outside game to be good flankers?
We only carry 1 that predominately plays mid / bench. The incumbent on that is Titch.
I'm sure our preference would be to carry none.

The single mid player, one paced player, will use up mins as a flanker, but that's more about TOG and rotation cap than it is about being able to play high quality role ahead of the ball.

If you don't have pace or some other elite physical trait, you don't play ahead of the ball in any significant capacity.

We saw this last year and 2023.
At selection, we opted to shift players from HB / HF into the Mid and backfill those roles rather than bring in another "mid only" player.

My point was, if you are only good at one role, or only want to play mid role.....then we simply don't have the spots.
Those players will consistently get overlooked at selection.

Kennedy absolutely fits this bill IMO.
If he wants to come to us, he's not starting R1 without some injuries....

So for me, i'm a hard pass as i don't think he makes us better.
I'd prefer give those minutes to Allan and keep Sully or Long for depth.
That's enough for 2025 in what is a very limited role for us.

If you were to build 3 or 4 mids around Naicos , what traits/attributes do we need in other mids ? Apart from the obvious of Naicos clones

2 defensive minded mids?
1 attacking like Naicos?

Just intersted in the types of personell people thing we should acquire.

I feel our wings will be good for years to come. Id honestly love to see Q further up the ground on a wing, unsure what people think of this

If you were to build 3 or 4 mids around Naicos , what traits/attributes do we need in other mids ? Apart from the obvious of Naicos clones

2 defensive minded mids?
1 attacking like Naicos
*find the ball
Works well enough.

There was previous whispers about Peter wright in the outer. He’d be perfect for them in the window. Forward and ruck. A downgrade in Daniher still
Assuming they have cap space, they should be asking questions of every capable mature aged KPF they can. Need to keep a strong forward line with their midfield and backline strong and steady

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 defensive minded mids?
1 attacking like Naicos?

I feel our wings will be good for years to come. Id honestly love to see Q further up the ground on a wing, unsure what people think of this
You would want a large sized mid like dunkley who has the ability to match up against bigger sized mids and negate their influence at stoppages. Seems like Ed Allan has the tools to become this and more.

Another clearance beast like JHF who can find and win his own ball and own stoppages, would help release the pressure on Nick having to be the one to win the clearances.

A speedy mid with elite kicking skills, like gulden.

2 defensive minded mids?
1 attacking like Naicos?

Good question and it’s hard to say but I reckon one of them could be a Dunkley clone. Tall, strong, diligent and good overhead with decent pace. What a great get he has been for them. Not sure we have that player in our mix though could it be Perryman? I hope so

Good question and it’s hard to say but I reckon one of them could be a Dunkley clone. Tall, strong, diligent and good overhead with decent pace. What a great get he has been for them. Not sure we have that player in our mix though could it be Perryman? I hope so
Was reading that and then noticed you’d answered it with my response 👍🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back