List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't exist, I'd say mainly so the AFL can ensure struggling clubs (like Melbourne when they lost Frawley) get Band 1 when a good club raids them.

There are supposedly a few factors though; player age (Perryman is a rare UFA due to December birthday which works in GWS' favour), contract length, contract value.
I think there's probably a closely guarded formula, which isn't releases as clubs would do dodgy bullshit.

1728012033319.png

f5 GIF

1728012070009.png

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

Would think it would take noble plus a second to get pick 13. This is assuming you place nobles value just below perryman's and then use the second rounder to command pick 13.

I think we will have to have at least 1 first round picks in this year's draft or the next so that we have the ability to trade 2 future firsts in next year's trade period.

I think we will have to have at least 1 first round picks in this year's draft or the next so that we have the ability to trade 2 future firsts in next year's trade period.

If McGuane gets a bid in Rnd 1 next year and we match with multiple later picks. That counts as us taking a first round pick doesnā€™t it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Again, I don't understand this line of thinking in 2024

If he's a player we've genuinely identified that we want/need and both Port and GWS have offered him 6 year deals also, then what do you suggest we offer?

I personally don't believe the 900K number. But 700-750? Sure. Maybe even 800 I'd buy.

Is he worth those dollars? We won't really know until next year, but I'm less fussed about money given we're about to have a shit tonne of cap space over the next 2 years as well as the cap itself increasing anyway.

I get far more pissed about draft picks being given up.

Spending cap space because you can isn't a great strategy.

Even paying him 700k sets a floor for a lot of mid range guys coming out or contract soon.

Forget Nick, Josh is now a million dollar player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vv , vvvvIf McGuane gets a bid in Rnd 1 next year and we match with multiple later picks. That counts as us taking a first round pick doesnā€™t it?

That is a fair point, I suppose it depends on how AFL defines the first round picks condition, especially in a F/s scenario like you alluded to. Do they need you to take a first round into the draft or will matching a first round bid suffice?

Even paying him 700k sets a floor for a lot of mid range guys coming out or contract soon.

Clubs don't "spend cap space because they can" - if they are in a position like, say, Richmond might be next season, the logical thing to do is alter existing contracts by frontloading them. Player contracts are regularly varied.

If Port are looking for a small forward they should divert from Richards to Ned McHenry. DFA now so no trade needed. Already in SA, has a lot more exposed form than Richards and same age.

I guess we could have opted not to bring any free agents in and just go backwards next year.

Think the biggest question surrounding our F1 is, do Collingwood think mcguane will improve to the point where he is likely to attract a first round bid.

Think the biggest question surrounding our F1 is, do Collingwood think mcguane will improve to the point where he is likely to attract a first round bid.
He's already in first round calculations according to twomey
Imagine another year in the system where he gets to

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back