List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love Houston but he won’t be cheap. As much as I like Noble and Richard’s his worth is a lot more than those 2 combined. Especially with 4 years to run on his contract.

The only way I can see it happening is something like this

Noble and next years first for GC current pick 12 and 26

12, 26 and Richard’s for Houston and pick 33

People who think we are getting anywhere close to the suns pick 12 for nobes are dreaming without something significant going back.

I’d love Houston but he won’t be cheap. As much as I like Noble and Richard’s his worth is a lot more than those 2 combined. Especially with 4 years to run on his contract.

People who think we are getting anywhere close to the suns pick 12 for nobes are dreaming without something significant going back.
I agree, I think people think we just get 13 for Noble, no chance of that, will involve more pick swaps in their favour.

I agree, I think people think we just get 13 for Noble, no chance of that, will involve more pick swaps in their favour.
Normally I'd agree and think you're right. I Richmond are expecting Pick 6 and more for Dan Rioli, then its not that unreasonable to expect 13 for Noble. I dont think either player are worth any where near that by the way. All depends on how much GC want them I guess.

I'm all for the Pies going for a key back. But I wouldn't suggest we get Tomlinson. As a FA I would rather go after Ethan Phillips. He can be very handy. Was a beast for Port Melbourne.
Although I want to see Pies get aggressive in a trade for a younger type like James Blanck, Nick Murray or Hugh Davies.

Houstan is a back to back AA superstar. pick 12 +a fringe player and a small pick swap ain't getting the deal done.

I'm all for the Pies going for a key back. But I wouldn't suggest we get Tomlinson. As a FA I would rather go after Ethan Phillips. He can be very handy. Was a beast for Port Melbourne.
Although I want to see Pies get aggressive in a trade for a younger type like James Blanck, Nick Murray or Hugh Davies.
Did hawthorn delist him?

Here is a hypothetical, and this is for everyone wondering why 13 needs to go to Port.

If we put JDG on the table, what we would we be asking for, given he is a proven match winner when it counts?

Norths pick 3? Maybe two first rounders, and one def inside the top 5?

We are not talking about Darcy Byrne Jones, this guy is as elite as they come in his position, and a back to back AA.

It has to be Richards, 13, and a sweetener, which might end being a 4th club.

We need to be chips in to win flags. And to me it appears we are going to try and win it every year.
JDG is worth more to us than another team. We need a player, that we don’t need, that another club ‘needs’. So far there has been no interest in our ‘not particularly required’ group.

Last edited:
Did hawthorn delist him?
I don't believe so at this stage, but I think he might be one of the many players around the league stuck in limbo through the trade period. Wouldn't surprise me though if they do delist him assuming they don't stuff up the Barrass deal, now that Battle has officially gone through.

He is more of an interceptor than a lock down defender

I don't believe so at this stage, but I think he might be one of the many players around the league stuck in limbo through the trade period. Wouldn't surprise me though if they do delist him assuming they don't stuff up the Barrass deal, now that Battle has officially gone through.
Yeah, between battle, barass, sicily and also frost still around, a few of them would struggle for opportunities, and wouldn't be surprised if they do delist him because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, at least we are in with a chance. When do you think he'll nominate his club of choice?
He may not.
May just get to were he wants, whom can get a deal done
Or if he does, it wont be until said club can get a deal done. He's clearly waiting on Carlton to find the picks, or come to the party to what port wants.
If he ends on nominating someone it wont be until late next week or early into the final week.

Debatable, Tomlinson and Young are also more the type we need than Phillips
I disagree with Tomlinson. He isn't the type we need to go for. 31yo hasn't played more than 10 games in a season for 4 years. He's not the prototype that the Pies have gone for in recent history.

Young would be alright. But I'm more for the Pies being aggressive for a better Key Back option.

I disagree with Tomlinson. He isn't the type we need to go for. 31yo hasn't played more than 10 games in a season for 4 years. He's not the prototype that the Pies have gone for in recent history.

Young would be alright. But I'm more for the Pies being aggressive for a better Key Back option.
Who do you suggest? Are there any out there that are attainable?

Port are offering Richards 4 years so that "fringe" point is thrown out the door
The most recent (3 days ago) reports are :

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

Who do you suggest? Are there any out there that are attainable?
I think James Blanck would be good. His spot is now clouded with Sicily, Frost, Battle and Weddle having been infront of him. McCabe developing there too. And could also get Barrass.

Nick Murray is another one. Mark Keane, Butts and Borlase infront of him.

And last one is Hugh Davies, where Pearce, Ryan, Cox and Draper are all holding him out of the squad too. He played really well in the WAFL GF and for Peel Thunder all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back