List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The most recent (3 days ago) reports are :

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

The deals cant be all that similar. If they were, why would you even consider moving? With HH out for a while, Richards surely should back himself in at the Pies. Must be a pretty good offer at Port to consider going IMO

The deals cant be all that similar. If they were, why would you even consider moving? With HH out for a while, Richards surely should back himself in at the Pies. Must be a pretty good offer at Port to consider going IMO
We had offered him 2 years. Port offered him 3 years. We increased our offer to 3 years.

Nowhere is the $ mentioned.

Depends where he thinks he'll get more game time, I guess.

Does he & his partner want to move to SA.

Would he prefer Fly as coach or 'who knows who will be coach' at Port?

Lots of different things for him to weigh up between the two offers.

We don't know what he's thinking. Only that he hasn't revealed it publicly if he has in fact made up his mind.

We had offered him 2 years. Port offered him 3 years. We increased our offer to 3 years.

We don't know what he's thinking. Only that he hasn't revealed it publicly if he has in fact made up his mind.
Agreed. I just think that to even consider moving to Port, the must be a significant difference in the offers. I actually dont mind if that is the case. Collingwood should stick to what is reasonable for a guy who hasn't racked up 10 games yet. If Port want to come over the top, let them I say. Hopefully he can turn into a win for us. If he was staying, we'd know by now.

These are big decisions when you are making for your career, so no surprise he is torn and taking his time with it. You have to weigh up so many things, as you stated. Its not as clear cut as people think. But we'll know soon one way or another.
I do get the sense he may be leaving, but time will tell, I reckon before the weekend is out. Or even Monday.

I think James Blanck would be good. His spot is now clouded with Sicily, Frost, Battle and Weddle having been infront of him. McCabe developing there too. And could also get Barrass.

Nick Murray is another one. Mark Keane, Butts and Borlase infront of him.

And last one is Hugh Davies, where Pearce, Ryan, Cox and Draper are all holding him out of the squad too. He played really well in the WAFL GF and for Peel Thunder all year.
Murray would be a good get.

These are big decisions when you are making for your career, so no surprise he is torn and taking his time with it. You have to weigh up so many things, as you stated. Its not as clear cut as people think. But we'll know soon one way or another.
I do get the sense he may be leaving, but time will tell, I reckon before the weekend is out. Or even Monday.
The club would have a fair idea, I'd think, as they'd be trying to work out any other deals they need to make.

The club would have a fair idea, I'd think, as they'd be trying to work out any other deals they need to make.
In Fly's speech tonight, he certainly indicated that Richards was at least part of the plans for the future. Wishful thing maybe??

The tigers got burnt in acquiring tarranto and hopper, just like the hawks with Mitchell lol and omeara and others. Any picks we obtain for Richard’s and jfn need to be used in the draft
In what world did the Hawks get burnt by acquiring Mitchell? He won 3 B&Fs, 2 AAs and a Brownlow! Pick 14 was Todd ****ing Marshall. If that's what happens when a club gets burnt, we should be trading the JFN and Richards picks, then lathering up in coconut oil and holding one of those old timey sun reflectors under our faces.

While the Houston deal is unlikely, this squad would be loaded.

B - B.Maynard - A.Tomlinson - I.Quaynor
HB - D.Houston - D.Moore - J.Howe
C
- J.Daicos - H.Perryman - E.Allan
HF
- B.McCreery - B.Mihocek - L.Schulz
F
- J.Elliott - D.McStay - B.Hill
R
- D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I
- J.Crisp - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom - M.Cox
S - W.Hoskin-Elliott

EMG -
T.Mitchell - P.Lipinski - B.Frampton - H.Harrison

The most recent (3 days ago) reports are :

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

3 year deal with a trigger for a fourth. People are fairy justified in saying it’s a four year deal.

Agreed. I just think that to even consider moving to Port, the must be a significant difference in the offers. I actually dont mind if that is the case. Collingwood should stick to what is reasonable for a guy who hasn't racked up 10 games yet. If Port want to come over the top, let them I say. Hopefully he can turn into a win for us. If he was staying, we'd know by now.
From my understanding, his partner has settled in Melbourne, but the issue is that he will be best 22 at Port as they need a small forward.

At the Pies he is fighting for a spot up forward with out strong smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed that part of Fly's speech 🥴 but strange to mention him like that if he wasn't fairly confident of him staying, I would have thought.
Even if Joe has decided to leave, Fly’s comment is very relevant from a negotiation perspective.

In what world did the Hawks get burnt by acquiring Mitchell? He won 3 B&Fs, 2 AAs and a Brownlow! Pick 14 was Todd ****ing Marshall. If that's what happens when a club gets burnt, we should be trading the JFN and Richards picks, then lathering up in coconut oil and holding one of those old timey sun reflectors under our faces.
I think he means Omeara and Wingard

Hypothetically Port get Pick 26 for Soldo (might need another swap in St Kilda's favour)...

Who says no?

Port get: Richards, Lukosius, 13
Port give: Houston, 26

GCS get: Noble, Coll F2, 26
GCS give: Lukosius, 13

Pies get: Houston
Pies give: Richards, Noble, F2

Call me Adam Cooney?

While the Houston deal is unlikely, this squad would be loaded.

B - B.Maynard - A.Tomlinson - I.Quaynor
HB - D.Houston - D.Moore - J.Howe
C - J.Daicos - H.Perryman - E.Allan
HF - B.McCreery - B.Mihocek - L.Schulz
F - J.Elliott - D.McStay - B.Hill
R - D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I
- J.Crisp - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom - M.Cox
S - W.Hoskin-Elliott

EMG - T.Mitchell - P.Lipinski - B.Frampton - H.Harrison

Tom Mitchell is the primary reason we won the flag in 2023

Tom Mitchell missing is the primary reason we didn’t make finals in 2024

You think a fit Tom Mitchell is an emergency in 2025?

Mate…

If our best 23 next season included DeGoey, Mitchell, Mihocek, Perryman and Houston that’s a bloody good addition to a side that beat Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne and had Sydney on toast in the last four rounds.
If Ed Allan goes to the next level it’s even better.

This is what people aren’t realising

McStay and Mitchell and new recruits all over again in 2025

Fit De Goey is basically a new recruit for all intents and purposes

So honestly I’m bullish on Top 4 even before we added Perryman let alone anyone else decent

This is what people aren’t realising

McStay and Mitchell and new recruits all over again in 2025

Fit De Goey is basically a new recruit for all intents and purposes

So honestly I’m bullish on Top 4 even before we added Perryman let alone anyone else decent

Not to mention the huge blocks others missed; Mihocek and Elliott in particular.

It's all about the massive "if" we have a good run with injuries, touch wood.

If history is any indication, the Suns will do a deal for pick 13 on Monday or Tuesday. They like to do these deals early. They probably already have an in principle agreement with someone
Might be why Fly had a wry smile talking to Ch 7 last night
Wry Fly 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back