List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty simple equation for me.

If we can turn Noble and Richards into Houston, dual AA including this year, then as well as Perryman we have materially improved our list, give or take draft pick trades needed to get that done.

In terms of age demographics there’s nothing in it if this happened…. In 27 and 25, out 27 and nearly 25.

Nail that Houston trade and then our remaining decision would be about picking up a cheap kpd, and how we’d make room and who we’d delist. I.m still not sure how the trade will work and whether a future first is in the equation but we shouldn’t be shy of offering up something decent, especially with mcguane in the pipeline who might get bid first round in 2025 anyway.

The other remaining decision would be who on that rookie list doesn’t get offered a new contract. Houston and Perryman being more “ midfielders” than the players traded out would mean it’s harder to justify keeping the likes of Long, Bytel and Sullivan.

If we can turn Noble and Richards into Houston, dual AA including this year, then as well as Perryman we have materially improved our list, give or take draft pick trades needed to get that done.

In terms of age demographics there’s nothing in it if this happened…. In 27 and 25, out 27 and nearly 25.

Nail that Houston trade and then our remaining decision would be about picking up a cheap kpd, and how we’d make room and who we’d delist. I.m still not sure how the trade will work and whether a future first is in the equation but we shouldn’t be shy of offering up something decent, especially with mcguane in the pipeline who might get bid first round in 2025 anyway.

The other remaining decision would be who on that rookie list doesn’t get offered a new contract. Houston and Perryman being more “ midfielders” than the players traded out would mean it’s harder to justify keeping the likes of Long, Bytel and Sullivan.
I’d be holding on to Long because of his size…

If our best 23 next season included DeGoey, Mitchell, Mihocek, Perryman and Houston that’s a bloody good addition to a side that beat Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne and had Sydney on toast in the last four rounds.
If Ed Allan goes to the next level it’s even better.
I mean their only wins in the last 6 weeks were against North and WC and they fell in the 8. I think they’re a Cripps injury from bottom 6 even with a full squad. Too much of a reliance on their spine.

Still reckon we land a key forward. Cannot go into the season with Ash Johnson (who would most likely be delisted if not in contract) being our main back up.

Let's face it Checkers, Billy and McStay are unlikely to play the whole season. Harrison is injured. Richards possibly leaving. Reef and Kreugs don't appear to be in favour. We definitely need a key forward as our overall fire power is down.

We cannot have another situation like the Dogs game - we played well but our lack of forward line cost us the game.

Still reckon we land a key forward. Cannot go into the season with Ash Johnson (who would most likely be delisted if not in contract) being our main back up.

Let's face it Checkers, Billy and McStay are unlikely to play the whole season. Harrison is injured. Richards possibly leaving. Reef and Kreugs don't appear to be in favour. We definitely need a key forward as our overall fire power is down.

We cannot have another situation like the Dogs game - we played well but our lack of forward line cost us the game.
Reckon we will aim to fix that gap next year. For 2025 aim to get a full season out of mcstay. Kreugs was pretty good when called up.

Edit… AJ is far from our first call backup. Not only Kreugs is ahead of him but Reef is too. So is Mason cox! Additionally Mihocek has a long standing history of being injury free. His latest one being “ only” a pectoral muscle shoukdnt have any long term injury repercussions.

And on top of that our game plan is not one of over reliance on the key forwards and instead sharing it around with smalls and mediums.

Like I said, a key forward is a target we can look at in a years time when some veteran retirements may open up more cap.

Last edited:
I mean their only wins in the last 6 weeks were against North and WC and they fell in the 8. I think they’re a Cripps injury from bottom 6 even with a full squad. Too much of a reliance on their spine.
Even with Walsh, if he’s not getting possessions he offers little else other than that….. that’s why he had so many quiet games in the back end

It was so obvious all year. Towards the end of the year, sides were just roving to Cripps and we saw how their season finished.

Given what we saw in their final? They're a Curnow injury away from Bottom 4

I used to think it was all Cripps. That final made me realise it's actually Curnow shockingly

I’d be holding on to Long because of his size…
He's built like a Cripps and Dangerfield, but lacks burst... or atleast he's hesitant to put his body in the line.... as if he's saving himself... bad mentality if he wants to be a regular amd get a good contract. Bytel is similar, never seen someone give up on so many possessions because he didn't want to go to ground or get tackled.

Given what we saw in their final? They're a Curnow injury away from Bottom 4

I used to think it was all Cripps. That final made me realise it's actually Curnow shockingly
Curnow is Blues most valuable player... Cripps is good, but he can have a 50 possession game and still lose. Curnow dominating and it usually means Blues win comfortably.

Curnow is Blues most valuable player... Cripps is good, but he can have a 50 possession game and still lose. Curnow dominating and it usually means Blues win comfortably.

Yeah I was wrong on it being all about Cripps

It's definitely Curnow, which also explains why the only game they beat us recently was the one where not only did we go in not really giving a shit, Curnow kicked 6 (half from frees lol) and we still only lost by 17

He's built like a Cripps and Dangerfield, but lacks burst... or atleast he's hesitant to put his body in the line.... as if he's saving himself... bad mentality if he wants to be a regular amd get a good contract. Bytel is similar, never seen someone give up on so many possessions because he didn't want to go to ground or get tackled.
You must have missed the Swans game where Long won the ball in contest then shrugged off Grundy and Parker in successive tackles.
I’d have no issue with his ability to commit or win contest.

You must have missed the Swans game where Long won the ball in contest then shrugged off Grundy and Parker in successive tackles.
According to Harry O, he says long has already been delisted. Just waiting for the announcement so it might be a moot point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one time he's done it. Yes I saw it hence why I believe he was hesitant all the other games.... as I said, he seems to be saving himself. Which is silly, if he wants a 600K a year multiyear contract from AFL teams, he needs to play with courage and get physical.

1st rounder and sweetener for Bailey Smith covers the midfield and any players that might drop off with Macrea and Allan to press.

Big big big offer for RFA Todd Marshall to avoid giving up picks, just turned 25, 198cm, almost 2 goal ave, would be the perfect pick up.

That would round us out providing Dean or Eyre comes good as a key defender to cover Howe if he drops off or if we lose Murphy.

He averaged 1.1 goals per game?.... almost 2?

Makes sense, we were there about s this year and with some better luck we could well have been up there again, brining in the two you mentioned, gives us some more quality without losing a lot talent wise in comparison. JFN is a heart and soul player but has made his own choice, Richards is a potential’ play, we may have seen his best but I do think he has a level or two to go but still unknown on the upside.

The one time he's done it. Yes I saw it hence why I believe he was hesitant all the other games.... as I said, he seems to be saving himself. Which is silly, if he wants a 600K a year multiyear contract from AFL teams, he needs to play with courage and get physical.
I pointed out the most impressive example because it illustrates his strength, power and commitment at contest.
His hesitancy is more about confidence not timidity IMO.

Reckon we will aim to fix that gap next year. For 2025 aim to get a full season out of mcstay. Kreugs was pretty good when called up.

Edit… AJ is far from our first call backup. Not only Kreugs is ahead of him but Reef is too. So is Mason cox! Additionally Mihocek has a long standing history of being injury free. His latest one being “ only” a pectoral muscle shoukdnt have any long term injury repercussions.

And on top of that our game plan is not one of over reliance on the key forwards and instead sharing it around with smalls and mediums.

Like I said, a key forward is a target we can look at in a years time when some veteran retirements may open up more cap.
No guarantee those two are even on our list next season.

No guarantee those two are even on our list next season.

If there’s a significant upgrade available I’m all ears but I doubt it. Unless someone like Marshall is in the plans …. Huge risk after we lost two players this year to retirement…..Might be better to hold fire and give these guys another year on the list

He averaged 1.1 goals per game?.... almost 2?
That was a post from 10 months ago and probably in reference to his past few seasons once established. It’s moot anyway because he’s on the verge of retirement.

In what world did the Hawks get burnt by acquiring Mitchell? He won 3 B&Fs, 2 AAs and a Brownlow! Pick 14 was Todd ****ing Marshall. If that's what happens when a club gets burnt, we should be trading the JFN and Richards picks, then lathering up in coconut oil and holding one of those old timey sun reflectors under our faces.
Because they brought in those two to try and stay up and contend and it didn’t happen for them. Mitchell has done a great job in turning them around post that it must be said

I doubt something like this has even crossed his mind at any point outside of when he’s asleep and dreaming of being a better footballer then he actually is.

He's a big 21yo lump still growing into his body - development wise he could be a bit like a KPF because of his size.
We should keep him for at least one more year and get him to work on his agility and strength.

If there’s a significant upgrade available I’m all ears but I doubt it. Unless someone like Marshall is in the plans …. Huge risk after we lost two players this year to retirement…..Might be better to hold fire and give these guys another year on the list
They’re both currently out of contract, neither are as good Ash Johnson in 22/23 or as good as WHE in 24 as a back up key forward. We’re already linked to Ollie Lord and could go a development option through the draft. Fly also has been vocal about our need for improvement in the area. All signs point to those two not being internally rated for the role.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back