List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the Blooze might put Cerra up for trade hopeful they could land an additional 1st round pick for Houston.

I don’t think Cerra would attract an early enough pick at this juncture. Decent player but constantly injured, lacking pace and a couple of years older now than when Carltank traded for him from Freo.

I think you're overvaluing what we paid for Schultz. Even if it's a standard draft the future first of the reigning premier would need sugar added to get you pick 12 - particularly as it's only going out one spot with compo and there will likely be less matching beforehand than what is becoming standard.

Even if we were to finish premiers (hopefully when) in 2025, the points drop from pick 13 to pick 18 is 244 points or approximately pick 39 or 40. Pick 39 to 40 seems unders for Noble. Swings and roundabouts.

So reports are that Blues are looking to trade their F1 for 13 and then trade 12 for Houston. You'd think Port would want more than that, reportedly requiring two firsts. Blues are not in a position to offer this if they are serious about keeping a first this year unless they trade a player.

Port having failed to bring in a Houston replacement in FA, would surely be reluctant to trade him, especially if they can't bring in a player by trade. Not a time for them to be going backwards.

Reported that Houston met with Blues, Pies, Saints and Dogs. This suggests he may not have a restrictive destination preference. If so, a deal will get done and will likely be for two firsts or equivalent.

RACE FOR PICK 13 GETS HOTTER​

CARLTON has stepped up its bid for pick 13, with the Blues putting their future first and second-round picks up for grabs for the hotly pursued Gold Coast selection.

The choice is looming as critical in the race for Dan Houston as both Collingwood and Carlton hunt the pick along with a host of other clubs, including Melbourne, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.
The Demons and Bulldogs have both offered their future first-round pick in exchange for Gold Coast's pick 13, while the Swans have put forward picks 19 and 22.

The Blues are willing to use both of their 2025 first and second-round picks to get the Suns' pick, which they would then look to use as the main part of their offer to Port Adelaide star Houston.

AFL rules state clubs can't trade away their future first-round pick without holding onto their future second and third-round picks. However, the Blues also have this year's second-round pick on the table - currently pick 34 - which they would be able to turn into a future second-round pick. Essendon, which is chasing extra picks in this year's draft to help match a bid for NGA prospect Isaac Kako, is seen as a potential trading partner for the pick swap, though a number of other clubs will be in the mix.

Carlton's push shows the high level of interest in Gold Coast's selection, which the Suns are looking to part with given it would likely otherwise be eaten up by a bid on Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

Collingwood, meanwhile, is targeting the pick as part of the John Noble trade to the Suns. That would require the Magpies to also give up a future first-round pick, but they are pushing to get back pick 23 from Gold Coast in return.

Putting their future first-round pick on the table is a move the Pies may be more open to given Thomas McGuane is shaping as a promising father-son next year, and that scenario would give the Pies picks 13 and 23 to lure Houston, as well as small forward Joe Richards, who has been tipped to take up Port's interest.

Meanwhile, clubs still have Richmond regarded as the favourite for the first-round pick being auctioned – Brisbane's No.20 choice. The Lions are chasing draft points to match bids on father-son Levi Ashcroft and Academy midfielder Sam Marshall

[
Is it within the rules if we pick up part of Lukosius salary?
If GC were wanting to lighten their cap, I'd look to see if we could do a reverse salary dump in that we offer to continue paying Noble's contract in exchange for a higher pick in the trade.

[
If GC were looking to lighten their cap, I'd look to see if we could do a reverse salary dump in that we offer to continue paying Noble's contract in exchange for a higher pick in the trade.
Yeah, nah, we don't want to be paying for some campaigner to play somewhere else. We've already got 2 on the books

Yeah, nah, we don't want to be paying for some campaigner to play somewhere else. We've already got 2 on the books
It would effectively be paying for the draft pick, who gets the money isn't particularly relevant. Using salary cap as a trading commodity is going to become a big feature in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking for news on the "hold up" in Richards' decision to stay or go, from Riley Beveridge on Oct 2
I think we’ll get a decision probably by the end of the week on Joe Richards, but I don’t think there’s a clear frontrunner between the two at the moment
From the media the decision looks to be solely on Richards' end and that both Power and Pies are committed.

The above and McRae's Copeland comments suggests that the outcome is not certain. Usually the decision being left so late means the player is leaving, but maybe Pies upping their offer has caused a rethink.

I think he has a relationship with Crazy Vossy from his time as an assistant/development coach at Port.
Wouldn't that work against Carlton?

I don’t think Cerra would attract an early enough pick at this juncture. Decent player but constantly injured, lacking pace and a couple of years older now than when Carltank traded for him from Freo.
Freo would have been happy to let him go, because they have Serong, Brayshaw and Young who are all better than Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back