List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, it looks like we're going in low at this stage. It also says Sydney have offered 19+21, and Carlton have offered a future first and future second, which they'd get for their mid 30s pick (it's the Schultz price). And it's likely to go up in price from here as teams aren't likely to go to their maximum before the actual auction.

I'm sorry if it annoys you, but I think your deal was too low for Port - this deal gets them pick 23 on top - and then they'd do a separate deal for Lukosius probably the second rounder that you had them giving - he's a salary dump, as much as GC might be trying to deny it.
Disagree that Port will get Luko for 39 in a stand alone deal, but time will tell.

I think this is a pretty reasonable escalation in response to Carlton apparently upping their offer. I trust that we’d have plans for securing McGuane next year.

Given Port have the most measly picks of anyone in this draft, would have to think 13 + 23 would appeal most to them
The reality is pick 13 is worth a lot this year and if it wasn't we'd have no chance of Port accepting a Houston deal with that pick as the centrepiece. We can't expect to get it cheaply and then have it worth enough to pay for a heap of Houston. Great if we do, but seems to be an unrealistic expectation to me.

Last edited:
Twomey is reporting that we’re pushing for a trade of Noble and our F1 for 13 and 23. If we work based on how the club is valuing Noble and 13 then the deal I’ve proposed seems perfectly reasonable and you seem to be over valuing 13.

That’s the last I’m going to say on it because this is going around in circles now.
If we don’t get Houston, those picks look delicious

If we don’t get Houston, those picks look delicious

Yep the picks aren’t bad, even if we get the picks and don’t get Houston, we’d have a half-decent draft hand and have price-enforced on Carltank.

Is anyone across the draft rules for next year? If trading a 2025 first for Houston ends up happening what pick(s) will we need to select McGuane in 2025 draft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usual Kane slamming us, jeez I hope we get Jimmy he's very impressive

If Cornes was a list manager, he would have a team of C-graders on short term contracts. The guy has zero idea about what it takes to build a list and zero idea on how it’s changed over the past few years.

I should add he doesn’t do anywhere enough research. If he did, he would realise we have a father-son who will be a top 10 draft selection in 2025 anyway.

Yep. Get out that Simpson’s have a sook gif!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is more appropriate for Kaneo.

Grown Man Nom GIF by Deadstream

If Cornes was a list manager, he would have a team of C-graders on short term contracts. The guy has zero idea about what it takes to build a list and zero idea on how it’s changed over the past few years.

I should add he doesn’t do anywhere enough research. If he did, he would realise we have a father-son who will be a top 10 draft selection in 2025 anyway.
Imagine having to deal with him during trades?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back