List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. He fits a definite need. Movement from defence was a big weakness once Nick was moved to the middle. We solved it by moving Josh back there, but he's better on the wing. Houston with his greater size is an even better half back than Josh or Nick and a clear upgrade on Noble.

The other positive I see: if we land Houston then we clearly have Perryman pegged as a mid not a half back. I like that a lot. Addressing another weakness.
A pinpoint 60m bullet from Houston would get the ball forward faster than a scamper by Johnny.

Guys this stringer rubbish that that Carlton poster has put up on our board is bullocks as if a collingwood insider would state all this the REAL reason is the pies are not entertaining stringer is because of the un savory company he keeps. Has nothing to do with his weight this is what Brad Scott said to Stringer. This is why Nick Hind is out he introduced stringer to these un savory characters pies want unity and to win flags not have someone stuff things up

Was embarrassing for several media figures to disregard Collingwood for not having the trade capital. Noble's request happened six weeks ago, and Richards' offer from Port came at a similar time. Both players want to move to clubs that we would have had to deal with for Houston. If we wanted to enter the race, we clearly could.
It’s not only the media (although they’re a huge culprit), but a large number of posters on here ruled us out long ago due to not having trade capital. If we can get it done the lesson has to be that you have to have your hat in the ring because there’s always a way.

A collection of some key 2024 stats for those a bit dubious on Houston's value.

Player rating: 13.91 (would be 2nd if he was a Pie)
Disposals: 23.0
Kicks: 16.7
Kick efficiency: 81.5%
Rebound 50s: 5.1
Inside 50s: 3.5
Metres gained: 488.1
Intercept possessions: 5.3
Marks: 5.4
Score involvements: 4.9
Kick in %: 36.4

A very good player

If we walk away from this trade season, losing Noble, Richards and some picks, and gain Perryman and Houston, I'll be over the moon!

Pre 2010, we brought in a few missing pieces; Luke Ball, Leigh Brown (2009 season), Darren Jolly....
Pre 2023, same in Tom Mitchell, Dan McStay, Bobby Hill, and Billy the hole plugging Frampton.

If we get Perryman and Houston, I feel we're doing it again! Bring on 2025!

Guys this stringer rubbish that that Carlton poster has put up on our board is bullocks as if a collingwood insider would state all this the REAL reason is the pies are not entertaining stringer is because of the un savory company he keeps. Has nothing to do with his weight this is what Brad Scott said to Stringer. This is why Nick Hind is out he introduced stringer to these un savory characters pies want unity and to win flags not have someone stuff things up
Mate none of us are gullible enough to believe that rant. Relax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pieces are all falling into place!

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

We all know it's crap, that's why it's funny.

If clubs like us, Sydney, Geelong, etc. are saying no there must be a good reason

Was embarrassing for several media figures to disregard Collingwood for not having the trade capital. Noble's request happened six weeks ago, and Richards' offer from Port came at a similar time. Both players want to move to clubs that we would have had to deal with for Houston. If we wanted to enter the race, we clearly could.
Hey, many on here also completely dismissed the Pies doing anything this trade period because we had zero trade capital.
Fortunately as the rest of us understand, there are many ways to orchestrate a trade.

John Noble still being upset about 2023 is incredible.
Having said that he did save the trade period for us so I wish him well

Port will tell where Houston where he goes.
If that was truly the case I think Port would just be dealing with Norf, but I’d be confident in saying Houston has privately said to Port “I don’t care if it’s Carlton or Collingwood, just trade me to whichever club offers you a suitable deal”.

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if he was traded with no official nomination of club coming from him.

John Noble still being upset about 2023 is incredible.
Having said that he did save the trade period for us so I wish him well
why is it incredible if he's still upset?

It's understandable. It's what they all play for. I thought he was very decent in how he handled himself and could rightly have requested a trade last year really.

No hard feelings towards him.

The fact that oppo fans are complaining about our salary cap makes me think it’s in a really great spot!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This goes back to the "fire sale".
Fixing the cap started then, and means we now have the space to add two high quality players.
I was pissed off about Treloar going at the time, but its worked out for both parties - I was pleased to see Ads get AA this year.

A collection of some key 2024 stats for those a bit dubious on Houston's value.

Player rating: 13.91 (would be 2nd if he was a Pie)
Disposals: 23.0
Kicks: 16.7
Kick efficiency: 81.5%
Rebound 50s: 5.1
Inside 50s: 3.5
Metres gained: 488.1
Intercept possessions: 5.3
Marks: 5.4
Score involvements: 4.9
Kick in %: 36.4

A very good player
Gaining an average of 500M at an 81.5% efficiency is damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back