List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had to scrape up two first round picks straight for Houston, it'd be a cost too much for where our list is at. If we can take Houston at the expense of our future first and two players who aren't best 15, and McGuane can continue kicking, we will be doing very well.
100%. If we still had pick 10 and were trading that with next year's first and no McGuane coming in I'd be very reluctant, even for a player as good as Houston.

If it happens, we need to see the deal, but right now it seems we'd be giving up an F1 which we may need to trade anyway, a couple of players who want out and other pick(s) outside of the first round.

For a dual AA who fits a real need, there's no real concerns in the above. At 27 he's replacing Noble who is also 27.

Maybe just a tad.

neva-never.gif

The best thing about getting in Houston would be for the kick outs, this is an area where we basically just gave up on using it as a weapon ( after Naicos moved to permanent midfield ) continually kicking it long to the flank , so predictable. Now we can use it as a springboard to get it into 50 far quicker, you watch our scoring increase now just from that alone

Screw that im already bagging him on a gameday thread

Bro...if his first game doesn't include 35 possessions and a goal with his first kick I will be relentless

I haven't been following along this thread, so apologies that this has likely been discussed.
What do we have to trade for Houston? Is it dependent on getting pick 13 from GC?
One option suggested is
Noble pick 50 and future first for 13 22 and 29
Then 13 22 and Richards for Houston and maybe a F3

Leaving us with 29 35 and 53 in draft

Gaining an average of 500M at an 81.5% efficiency is damaging.
Absurdly so. Nick was the only Pie with more metres gained per game, and his kicking efficiency was ~58% (which doesn't reflect accurately his damage, but nonetheless). Noble's kicking efficiency was close (79%), but over 100m fewer gained per game, and a significantly worse player defensively.

Carlton Board also (on top of their Houston melts) had this:
"Don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but I was told by someone who works at Collingwood FC, the reason why McRae came out and said he’s happy to inform everyone that Stringer won’t be playing at Collingwood is because they nearly got into a punch up during their meeting.
McRae told Stringer that if they were to pick him up he’d have to lose weight because he’s too fat to play the role they would want him to play.
Stringer wasn’t too happy with what was said and how it was said and fired back at him. Apparently got to the point where they both were standing up yelling at each other and McRae told Stringer to GTFO. Stringer became too aggressive towards McRae so he was told, in no uncertain terms, that if he didn’t leave immediately he couldn’t guarantee Stringer would be able to safely leave the building."
Damn must have been a wild time in Derrimut that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F**k I love silly season. The idea of Fly threatening to bash Stringer is hilarious
You’d imagine he’d have had the 6’4 brick shithouse ranga list manager there as his backup!

Last edited:
For me it’s like recruiting 2 players and filling three needs.
Perryman on ball.
Houston to half back.
Jaicos back onto a wing where he’s at his Copeland winning, damaging best.

I’m 100% with you on the first two but not the third. In fact I think Josh was one of my disappointments of the season especially the first half on a wing and he regained confidence and impact spending more time at HB in the latter part of the season.

The fact that oppo fans are complaining about our salary cap makes me think it’s in a really great spot!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I posted a little while ago that the media/fan view of our salary cap is completely outdated. In fact pre Perryman and Houston I wouldn’t be surprised if we had one of the healthiest cap forecasts of any top 12 teams. Imagine not paying Grundy and Treloar anymore and knowing Pendles Sidey Howe WHE Elliott Cox and lots of others are about to go on smaller wage or go out altogether. And knowing the Daicos boys thanks to their incredible pedigree have taken unders for their level. It opens up so much opportunity and we’re seeing it unfold.

The fact that oppo

A collection of some key 2024 stats for those a bit dubious on Houston's value.

Player rating: 13.91 (would be 2nd if he was a Pie)
Disposals: 23.0
Kicks: 16.7
Kick efficiency: 81.5%
Rebound 50s: 5.1
Inside 50s: 3.5
Metres gained: 488.1
Intercept possessions: 5.3
Marks: 5.4
Score involvements: 4.9
Kick in %: 36.4

A very good player
Better than a very good player, a dual and current AA - he's a gun and you don't get to draft players of this calibre very often -

If that was truly the case I think Port would just be dealing with Norf, but I’d be confident in saying Houston has privately said to Port “I don’t care if it’s Carlton or Collingwood, just trade me to whichever club offers you a suitable deal”.

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if he was traded with no official nomination of club coming from him.
Smart by him, because a bit awkward if he were to nominate a club & end up elsewhere.

My point was mainly emphasizing what you said. He'll go to the club which gets the best deal for Port.

Except North 🤣

Last edited:
why is it incredible if he's still upset?

It's understandable. It's what they all play for. I thought he was very decent in how he handled himself and could rightly have requested a trade last year really.

No hard feelings towards him.
Because it’s come and gone
And he was virtually a mainstay all of 2024.

To leave because you’re jilted about missing out 2 years ago when it’s in your hands still to try and get back there…and the irony of it all is he’s joining a side who has never made a singles final appearance …
You can’t make this stuff up

Gaining an average of 500M at an 81.5% efficiency is damaging.
I’m putting my life savings on it that the Corn will criticise him at some point next year for inflating his numbers from kickouts! He’ll completely ignore how much it improves our exit from D50 and focus only on the “stat padding” that goes with it.

My only regret winning the flag is that Ginnivan played instead of Noble.
And that’s not out of spite. Noble deserved to be there more as Ginnivan was totally ineffective.
Reality is that Nobles spot was taken by Markov.

The choice to prefer Markov at the end of the day probably didn't affect the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back