List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes no sense having the trade week any longer than 5 days. It's not like clubs don't talk to each other prior to trade week once they are made aware of a players wishes.
My preference would be for it to commence on a Thursday or Friday afternoon and wrap up on the Monday evening.

As you've said, the clubs, players and managers are well aware of the state of play. It would likely cut through half the rubbish low-ball offers and tough talk that tends to plague the majority of the trade period.

Can't wait for when clubs are able to trade players without their permission, will really seperatate the men from the boys. We will get to see which players pout and which players just accept it and get on with it.

I cant stand the little flog but you cant deny that Owies is a passionate little bastard out there. Always holding his jumper after kicking a goal and carrying on. Seems like a good "culture" bloke to go along with his 30 goals as a micro forward. He certainly wont be as passionate about Carlton after this if he does end up back there and i wonder what it does for the group as a whole
There's no W in that last word you know!!!!

My preference would be for it to commence on a Thursday or Friday afternoon and wrap up on the Monday evening.

As you've said, the clubs, players and managers are well aware of the state of play. It would likely cut through half the rubbish low-ball offers and tough talk that tends to plague the majority of the trade period.
Most of the trade period is essentially a d**k measuring contest and full of useless posturing. Shorter trade period cuts through all that, but the AFL cares more about media exposure and having made up dramas dominating headlines over efficiency. So don't think we will ever get a shorter trade period.

Can't wait for when clubs are able to trade players without their permission, will really seperatate the men from the boys. We will get to see which players pout and which players just accept it and get on with it.
It won't happen. Most rule changes they've made are to make it easier for players to move where they want to go.

I cant stand the little flog but you cant deny that Owies is a passionate little bastard out there. Always holding his jumper after kicking a goal and carrying on. Seems like a good "culture" bloke to go along with his 30 goals as a micro forward. He certainly wont be as passionate about Carlton after this if he does end up back there and i wonder what it does for the group as a whole
That’s what’s so wonderful about this whole Houston situation. Carlton were clearly trying to clear the decks for a Houston trade by telling Owies and Kennedy to explore other opportunities. Now they’ve shit the bed on that front, and may well end up retaining a couple of best 22 players who are feeling pretty unloved.

The other part that’s missed is Port is chasing Lukosius so they will need to get a first rounder in back this year so they can offload a future first to GC to release him too.

So the players between the 3 clubs are all interconnected really with Noble, Richards and Lukosius

We should end up with a player and a pretty strong draft hand for this year too in reality all things being equal

It won't happen. Most rule changes they've made are to make it easier for players to move where they want to go.
All clubs are pushing for it, I think it is inevitable. It will come into play during the next CBA negotiations. Yes it is good to see players having freedom to choose clubs, but you would have to agree that they have taken it too far. Clubs being hamstrung by players only wanting to go to certain places isn't good for the long term competitive balance.As everyone knows the clubs usually capitulate to a lowball offer than keep the player after he has made a trade request to a certain club. Players salary has been steadily increased with the tv rights deals, think that will be used as a carrot to get them to agree to the trade condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other part that’s missed is Port is chasing Lukosius so they will need to get a first rounder in back this year so they can offload a future first to GC to release him too.

So the players between the 3 clubs are all interconnected really with Noble, Richards and Lukosius

We should end up with a player and a pretty strong draft hand for this year too in reality all things being equal
It all looks pretty straight forward with a few other picks moved around. The big pieces all seem to be in place

All clubs are pushing for it, I think it is inevitable. It will come into play during the next CBA negotiations. Yes it is good to see players having freedom to choose clubs, but you would have to agree that they have taken it too far. Clubs being hamstrung by players only wanting to go to certain places isn't good for the long term competitive balance.
The players association are not however.

I’m not sure Luko will end up costing a first rounder, but there are ways we could facilitate making that trade easier for them in a 3 way (which I’ve posted a couple of times now) that might lessen the overall cost for Houston.

Hes finally sobered up from being pissed on Mad Monday and saying he wanted to play for Carlton
Well, he was choosing Carlton over wasting the rest of his career at North. Now that Collingwood is an option, he's making the right decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back