List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

virtually no upside on Kreuger, makes AJ's contract status the saving grace, and if he gets back to his best it we'll all forget about Kreugs.
I'd just want AJ to look like he wants to be out there playing football, sometimes when watching him he seems to be on a different planet. I am sure he has talent if he ever wants to actually let it out.

What does "doing a medical" entail?
If it’s based on the meeting I saw between Fly and Hayes at the Derrimut cafe, it starts out with a coffee order. Unfortunately for Jack in typical St Kilda style, the Almond Latte didn’t go down too well and he was immediately asked to leave

I'd just want AJ to look like he wants to be out there playing football, sometimes when watching him he seems to be on a different planet. I am sure he has talent if he ever wants to actually let it out.
I have dreams of what our forward line would be like if he got his shit together. What a gun he could be.

virtually no upside on Kreuger, makes AJ's contract status the saving grace, and if he gets back to his best it we'll all forget about Kreugs.

He was great against us in his first game in 2022.
The mobility and pass on his wrong foot at 4.00min was fantastic and he's got great hands.
Hopefully the medical is positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of being a wingman? Or takes a lot more (tank) than being a forward or defender? And does that showing the ball/run down in the seconds deflate any vision of AJ as a wingman.

Any chance of being a wingman? Or takes a lot more (tank) than being a forward or defender? And does that showing the ball/run down in the seconds deflate any vision of AJ as a wingman.
I wonder if they will trial him somewhere else and see if he can fill a gap somewhere and be serviceable.

He's been fit for 8 games in 3 years?
(3 games in the past 2 years)
Edit: And 10 vfl games in 2 years
That's why he's having the medical.
Krueger has missed as many games with multiple injuries, Hayes had an ACL.
Bottom line, a swap for Kreuger is no risk at all.

Last edited:
Bolded is exactly what i was referring to....just used the term "midfield" to describe it.

Where as we had Nobes, Nick, Crisp, Beau, bobby etc....they have....saad? anyone else jump out?
Even the guys they have draft / traded all are one paced.
That leg speed coupled with an ability to break a tackle (looking at you JDG / Pendles) is golden between the arcs.
Yep, terminology difference by the sound of it. The way I see it, their about 5 players away from being able to play slingshot and trying to do that through the draft will take to long. They'd be better off looking at Brisbane's method and adding Houston. They're going to waste what is the league's best spine by not having selected a transition style and recruited for it, which really should have started 4 years ago when it was obvious that Weitering, Cripps, Walsh, Curnow and McKay were going to give them a pretty special contest group.

And they're both likely to be injured at any given time so the hypothetical nature of their health is a wash.

In the highlights of his game against us, two things stood out: He got multiple free kicks in the ruck against Grundy, which is hardly difficult to do, and pretty much standard for anyone rucking against Brodie, and he took a bunch of marks while being defended by Jack Madgen, which again, isn't exactly hard to do.

So I'm not sure I'm massively convinced of that game being incredible evidence of his quality.
Do you think we'd have any interest at all, without his performance that day?

Put Noble's work ethic in AJ and he'd have a Coleman I rkn

Noble’s passion and determination in AJ would easily make him the best medium forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back