List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee that’s a crazy ass way of simply saying “Collingwood have five players older than Carlton’s oldest”

And can anybody explain what “positive ranking on AFL relative rankings means”?
Bobby Hill is under 25 and doesn't have a positive relative ranking - Obviously Peter and Josh are positive relatives for Nick, but I would have thought Bobby's cousins made the grade.

At the moment it's been reported we offered Noble + F1 for pick 13, 23, 29 which is looking like a best case scenario.

It probably ends up being Noble + F1 for pick 13, 23

Maybe if we give Suns pick 36 as well we can get the full allotment 13, 23, 29

Suns will be left with picks 36, 41, 50 which = 1187 points

Lombard will get a bid around 10-12 which is 1250 - 1350 points

Best case scenario Suns take pick 36 give us pick 29 and find points elsewhere and we take 29, 52, 55 to the draft
They'll get points when they trade Lukosius wont they? they should have plenty

They'll get points when they trade Lukosius wont they? they should have plenty
They'll get them thrown in in one of their trades - getting points won't be an issue. What Richmond is asking for Rioli will include enough points back for Lombard - tiges have a heap of points picks that they won't use.

They'll get them thrown in in one of their trades - getting points won't be an issue. What Richmond is asking for Rioli will include enough points back for Lombard - tiges have a heap of points picks that they won't use.
But why would they over pay for Noble? We need it more than them, if they rescind the offer then what?

GCS have stated that they want a rebounding defender that's ready to rock'n'roll , so it depends how they value JFN vs a speculative draft pick. I think the answer is obvious and we don't let Noble go unless we're sure our replacement is locked away. It's our deal to get done and I think with good will at both ends it'll happen.
Yes it’s very obvious they rate Noble. Has as good a run and carry game as anybody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gleason and Ryan believe the deal will get done between Suns, Port and the Pies.

Other deals from other clubs in the mind of Gleason and Ryan are better i(Carlton and Swans) individually for the Suns but doing the deal with us is better for getting Noble and trading Luko.

Jake Niall article is the folly of Collingwood - bringing in two half back flankers but doesn't solve our key position needs. And another year with no first round draft pick.

*My thoughts - One would have thought if the draft was the way to go then GWS or Suns should be in a dynasty. They were gifted multiple drafts?

Jack Hayes DFA not a high priority.

Lol Geelong want Clayton for free if they pay his entire contract. (They said 5% chance of Oliver moving).

While he makes somewhat of a point. The comparison with Carlton? They have proven they are not good enough. They maybe marginally younger but name any decent young player on their list? They haven’t had a player make the 22 under 22 in the last two years.
I think Blues fans and Pies fans would agree that our teams can't win the flag without Cripps and Daicos respectively (short of some drastic list changes). The key difference is Daicos will be 22 and Cripps 30 when the season starts.

Either way this Dan Houston/Nobby trade goes, isn’t it a bit exciting to be more actively involved in trade week for once?

But why would they over pay for Noble? We need it more than them, if they rescind the offer then what?
Because they have chased him for 6 months to get him to go up there. If they pull the pin after he has requested a trade and leave him standing there with his dick in his hand it will put player managers of dealing with them going forward. So it’s not just future deals with Collingwood that it effects

Jake Niall article is the folly of Collingwood - bringing in two half back flankers but doesn't solve our key position needs. And another year with no first round draft pick.
Another draft? We have had first round picks in each of:
2023, 2022, 2021, 2020

Key position is not an immediate need. Our players that are about to retire are runners.

Because they have chased him for 6 months to get him to go up there. If they pull the pin after he has requested a trade and leave him standing there with his dick in his hand it will put player managers of dealing with them going forward. So it’s not just future deals with Collingwood that it effects
We've been criticised for paying overs in the past, but when we make a commitment, we at least make sure it gets done. Burning relationships is not good for future business

Im getting older, my experience says, always do business in good faith, mutually benficial. You may get away with one unfair deal, but it wont happen the second time

We don't get Houston.

I'm happy either way. We're ahead with Perryman. Perryman in for Noble and then some kids in the draft is still a good outcome. I'd prefer Perryman and Houston though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back