• Dylan Patterson GCA
  • Jai Murray GCA
  • Toby Whan FRE NGA
  • Basil Hart FRE NGA
  • Louis Kellerway RIC F&S
  • Charlie Banfield WCE F&S
  • Koby Evans WCE NGA
  • Kalani White MEL F&S and GCA
Obviously a lot can change over the next year though.
Zeke Uwland really caught my eye. He's Harley Reid without the fend off. His ability to use his core strength to just shake off tackles was mouth watering, he kicked the ball 70mtr at one stage and 50 from a standing start. ****ing academies

Im not a fan of selling the farm for a (albeit very good) half back flanker, when our small defenders arent our problem. But even I think that Houston will make us better.

I rate Maynard and IQ very highly, Houston makes that department even better. Our rebounding and transition game, already good, will become a real weapon. I'll much prefer Houston's precision to Johnny Nobles long kicks to nobody in particular,

My gripe with getting him is that he will be expensive, and getting him denies us the opportunity to fix what is really wrong with the list: the midfield and Key positions.
Our midfield is A-grade in the short term with Naicos, Pendles, Sidebottom, Crisp and JDG and Mitchell to come back in from injury riddled years. Perryman as that big bodied defensive midfielder also bolsters that. Long term we will have Naicos, Allan and Mcguane coming in to build around.

KPP is also fine in the short term and apart from Battle and Barrass, no other KPPs are available this trade period that would improve on our current best 22. Unfortunately Battle (like Perryman for us) was a childhood Hawks fan and they came with a strong offer and Barrass will cost probably the same as Houston whilst being injury prone and 29. Getting a cheap older experienced and out of favour KPD like Tomlinson is a good short term stop gap like we've successfully done with Roughead and Dunn in the past.

Having some developing KPPs would be nice. I wouldn't be against getting DGB as a more advanced developing KPD. But no guarantees we would be able to pick up a promising KPP in the draft this year given our lack of draft hand. I would be gearing up for end of 2026 (when Mihocek is close to being done) with Ben King as FA or JUH coming out of contract so making sure we have our first rounders from 2026 onwards to offer as a package.

Last edited:
Quick question
Does everyone get interviewed each day or they all go there each day etc
Seemed like yesterday no body showed up etc

I think it's mandatory that every club shows up at Marvel Stadium on Day 1, although I don't think Richmond's list boss actually did an interview upon arrival.

I don't think they actually get back to Marvel until later in the day next Wednesday.

With GC midfield being absolutely stacked Flanders, Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Humphrey, Davies, Rogers, Will Graham and then Lombard we should ask for Bailey Humphrey or Will Graham if Houston chooses Carlton. How many midfielders can they hoard?

Collingwood: Need players all over.

“They need players in all different parts of the ground. They have an ageing list and there is some discussion around that the might fall off the cliff. I think they need some young, quality players.”

It's all part of the Carlton/SEN Pies pile-on - everyone has an opinion, and SEN just love getting stuck into Collingwood.
Whe cares what Bickley thinks anyway?

Did you get that I said more likely than a top 5 pick - not that it will...

Anyway you've set yourself up to have a whinge if we get Houston, as the likelihood of getting Houston without spending our future first is incredibly close to zero.
This is all it’s about. For whatever reason Seedy doesn’t want Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but we are most likely going to be significantly better next year than this one. Especially if we get Houston. It's a slight risk for significant reward.
Every time we have traded a future first we have done worse the following year than expected.

No way when we got Treloar in did we expect to miss finals again. We finished 12th then 12th

Beams we went from 2nd to 3rd.

2020 we went from 6th to 17th after trading our future first.

2023 we went from 1st to 9th

It's like Kane annoys you one day and then finds a way to your heart the next.

It might be how he stays controversial but doesn't get cancelled.

Kane misses the point on why the angst at the battle compo, the battle compo screws over everyone else pushing down their draft hand, while GC overpaying for Rioli just screws GC.

Every time we have traded a future first we have done worse the following year than expected.

No way when we got Treloar in did we expect to miss finals again. We finished 12th then 12th

Are you superstitious?

FYI the 2025 draft has:
  • Zeke Uwland GCA - Top 5
  • Daniel Annable BLA - First Round
  • Thomas McGuane COL F&S - First Round
  • 2nd Round Onwards
  • Beau Addinall GCA
  • Lachlan Carmichael SYDA
  • Wes Walley Jnr. WC NGA
  • Noah Chamberlain SYDA
  • Dylan Patterson GCA
  • Jai Murray GCA
  • Toby Whan FRE NGA
  • Basil Hart FRE NGA
  • Louis Kellerway RIC F&S
  • Charlie Banfield WCE F&S
  • Koby Evans WCE NGA
  • Kalani White MEL F&S and GCA
Obviously a lot can change over the next year though.
Just so you know, Beau Addinsall isn't going 2nd round, closer to top 10.

Our midfield is A-grade in the short term with Naicos, Pendles, Sidebottom, Crisp and JDG and Mitchell to come back in from injury riddled years. Perryman as that big bodied defensive midfielder also bolsters that. Long term we will have Naicos, Allan and Mcguane coming in to build around.

KPP is also fine in the short term and apart from Battle and Barrass, no other KPPs are available this trade period that would improve on our current best 22. Unfortunately Battle (like Perryman for us) was a childhood Hawks fan and they came with a strong offer and Barrass will cost probably the same as Houston whilst being injury prone and 29. Getting a cheap older experienced and out of favour KPD like Tomlinson is a good short term stop gap like we've successfully done with Roughead and Dunn in the past.

Having some developing KPPs would be nice. I wouldn't be against getting DGB as a more advanced developing KPD. But no guarantees we would be able to pick up a promising KPP in the draft this year given our lack of draft hand. I would be gearing up for end of 2026 (when Mihocek is close to being done) with Ben King as FA or JUH coming out of contract so making sure we have our first rounders from 2026 onwards to offer as a package.
I’ve flirted with this thought, but what I keep coming back to is whether he’s just Dean and Eyre without the injury profile? They’re all similar in age and Dean is the only one that has seemingly done anything of note at state league level.

Unlike most I’ll freely admit to not having seen enough of him to be absolute in my view and any interest is purely based on draft number. Four years in I suspect we have our answer and he’s just not that good, but I’m happy for the club to make that call.

Collingwood: Need players all over.

“They need players in all different parts of the ground. They have an ageing list and there is some discussion around that the might fall off the cliff. I think they need some young, quality players.”

"Ageing list". Pretty sure that covers all footy lists, unless you plan on recruiting corpses.

There's no way that's just a coincidence. I reckon the players love future firsts and stop trying if we trade them. That 2nd to 3rd was a particularly dire example of a plummet.

I’ve flirted with this thought, but what I keep coming back to is whether he’s just Dean and Eyre without the injury profile? They’re all similar in age and Dean is the only one that has seemingly done anything of note at state league level.

Unlike most I’ll freely admit to not having seen enough of him to be absolute in my view and any interest is purely based on draft number. Four years in I suspect we have our answer and he’s just not that good, but I’m happy for the club to make that call.
If we're going to carry a developing tall from the 2020 draft like Dean/Eyre or even Reef, I'd rather give the opportunity to a player that was a pick 6 and hopefully has more upside and talent. Would happily delist Eyre and Reef and pick up DGB to develop and Tomlinson for immediate depth

There's no way that's just a coincidence. I reckon the players love future firsts and stop trying if we trade them. That 2nd to 3rd was a particularly dire example.
The real twist is that the one that hurt the most on field hurt the least off field. Future 1st for Owies manicpie 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back