List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If Rioli is worth more than pick 6 then what is Houston worth.

Yikes
What's being missed with this one is that Richmond are holding a heap of points carrying picks that they're not going to use and are ideal for Lombard. They'll probably go GCs way.

6 must be traded and 6 for Rioli and enough points for Lombard might be a touch over but it's a pretty reasonable price, if that's how it pans out. Richmond are asking for more, but everyone asks for more to start with. And they might get it, as GC will still be getting a ridiculous steal. They'll be turning 6 into a player likely to be drafted around 6 and Rioli.

Last edited:

What's being missed with this one is that Richmond are holding a heap of points carrying picks that they're not going to use and are ideal for Lombard. They'll probably go GCs way.

6 must be traded and 6 for Rioli and enough points for Lombard might be a touch over but it's a pretty reasonable price, if that's how it pans out. Richmond are asking for more, but everyone asks for more to start with.
What else is being missed is it has nothing to do with us.

What else is being missed is it has nothing to do with us.
The arguing over Rioli’s worth impacts our negotiations.
PS: I spoke with my mate this morning and asked if the other bloke was confident about Houston.
He said “very”. 🤷‍♂️

6 must be traded and 6 for Rioli and enough points for Lombard might be a touch over but it's a pretty reasonable price, if that's how it pans out. Richmond are asking for more, but everyone asks for more to start with. And they might get it, as GC will still be getting a ridiculous steal. They'll be turning 6 into a player likely to be drafted around 6 and Rioli.
It is not reasonable at all it is Dimma helping his old club out. You are kidding yourself if you think Rioli is worth pick 6

Cox? McStay? Checkers?
Cox couldn't get a kick in an electric chair, McStay will have the biggest defender on him and Ceckers is undersized and will also have a big defender. Everyone else is undersized and sluggish.

I don’t like pile ons so I’ll do my best not to contribute to the one you’re currently copping.

But this feels like a fairly pessimistic view of the forward line.

Even with all the injuries and inconsistency the forward line suffered this year, combined with the terrible midfield delivery and lack of opportunity, our forward line was actually one of the most efficient in the comp.

If feels like you’re basing this view purely on the names on paper as opposed to taking into account how our structure and system works

It’s why you’ll most likely never see us chase a big name forward. We most likely feel we don’t need one with the way we play

Cal and Riley reporting on Gettable just now that Pick 11 could be back in play if Freo should not get Shai Bolton, and apparently we’re one of the teams in the running to get our pick back should it happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal and Riley reporting on Gettable just now that Pick 11 could be back in play if Freo should not get Shai Bolton, and apparently we’re one of the teams in the running to get our pick back should it happen
What would we be making a play for 11 with?

The pile on for posters not advocating the Houston trade is a laugh. It's a different train of thought and either way is a risk. Risk drafting a player that doesnt come on or development time wastes our preimership window? Risk getting Dan at the expense of a future star or Dan's form / injury is a bust?
I think what's lost in this process of justifying his trade is that although he is 27 turning 28, he plays in a position that has some longevity, which could mean his playing tenure could go 34+. Just have to look at other teams with the likes of Zorko, even Steele last year playing through the backline.

His main asset his his boot and ability to hit targets through the middle and open up the game. I think we could still have 7+ years of service despite his current age

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back