List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghee you’re really not overly excited about getting a gun into the club are you? We didn’t have a pick in this years draft and you rate Mcguane, so next years would be used on him if how you view him is correct. We have got a ready-made gun, move on from your draft obsession.
huh? This is from the age
Thought I would post the stuff about the DFA agents. Hayes/Membrey.

Seems like she just quotes the negative stuff re the Houston deal.
You know you're bagging someone who turns up to training every week to post reports and photos for those of us not able to get there, right? Someone who has more than 41,000 posts on this forum and has received more than 84,000 likes? Good luck with that!

1728987884758.png

Fun fact - Dan Houston has never kicked a goal in a first quarter.

They remain without a pick until selection No.52 in this year’s national draft, which recruiters rate as a strong one. That pick 52 will come up the draft board to be somewhere in the 40s after father-son and academy bids absorb other clubs’ picks.

The Magpies also traded out their future first pick for Lachie Schultz during last year’s trade period. They are likely to have access to father-son prospect Tom McGuane at the end of 2025, however, and are considering bringing in Tim Membrey – who is yet to re-sign with St Kilda – as well as delisted Saint Jack Hayes to the club. They re-signed veterans Scott Pendlebury, Jeremy Howe and Steele Sidebottom for 2025.

I know you prefer we be involved in the draft but I seriously can’t stress enough to you that with McGuane in next year and a bunch of gun RFAs becoming available this was 1000% the right move

There is a very very strong chance Hine would have wasted an early pick

Last edited:
Membrey is very good at getting high up the ground and running back forward. If we get him, which we will, I'd expect him to play as a pure third tall with Mihocek and McStay
Spoke to Membreys mate earlier who hadn't heard anything about him coming to us.

Not saying he won't but I'm trying to find out.

It's my only tenuous link to any inside AFL info lol

Ghee you’re really not overly excited about getting a gun into the club are you? We didn’t have a pick in this years draft and you rate Mcguane, so next years would be used on him if how you view him is correct. We have got a ready-made gun, move on from your draft obsession.
Jen was quoting from a press article.

A couple of those are as old as cliff (Richard) but yep, keep churning the list over and topping up
Only really Mitchell is old. The rest are in their prime. A few years ago we had serious issues with our mid 20s age group. Now we've got A grade talent to cover when our legends retire. Added to that is the fact that we've only really lost fringe talent in the same time. If we can get some fitness into Titch and Degoey, we will arguable have the best kick out of defense and the best kick into forward 50 (Nick) in the same line-up. Mcstay will be having a big one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only really Mitchell is old. The rest are in their prime. A few years ago we had serious issues with our mid 20s age group. Now we've got A grade talent to cover when our legends retire. Added to that is the fact that we've only really lost fringe talent in the same time. If we can get some fitness into Titch and Degoey, we will arguable have the best kick out of defense and the best kick into forward 50 (Nick) in the same line-up. Mcstay will be having a big one!
Yea our biggest issue was replacing JDG, Moore and Maynard's impact as they move past their peak.

I'm much more confident of Houston, Jaicos, Perryman and Schultz as that next group of core 26-28 year olds to continue extending our premiership clock than I was with Jaicos, Noble, Lipinski and Frampton

I thought it was relevant bit of info about our link to these two players.
Whether we get both remains to be seen.
I'd think we'd get one or the other.
Membrey is a consistent goalkicker, but Hayes would be good if we thought he could get on the park and stay there.
We've already had problems with Kreuger only playing a few games.

If some of the draft picks start coming on , it should allow us to continue being in premiership contention after we lose the old brigade.

So not us then?

DEVEN ROBERTSON

Eagles CEO Don Pyke said on Tuesday that his club will “continue to explore the possibility of bringing Deven into the club”. In this draft hand, the Eagles only have picks 12, 26 and 73 and the Lions want current picks for draft points. Makes a deal tricky but Robertson has been on the fringe for a couple of years.

VERDICT: IN LIMBO

Just one of many conspiracy theories on the Port board 🤣

"That and Laura Kane and AFL top level because clearly they wanted Houston at Collingwood. Which is obvious seeing as they posted the pic of Houston & Nick Daicos on the page fairly quickly. Port got shafted and the corrupt AFL and those running it got what they want. I'm sure port would of traded with North on this but AFL got involved and dictated and the cowards at Port bent over."

I've already said this but which other teams thus far have gotten better this trade period?

Still a bit to play out perhaps but... at quick glance the teams improving their list (not treading water or going backwards) is us, Adelaide, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn... and maybe to Geelong and WCE? Only two of those sides finished above us this year.

Adelaide - yes, adding Peatling, Cumming, ANB

Brisbane - no. Losing Daniher, Sharp, maybe Robertson.

Carlton - No, although adding Haynes they're losing Owies who's their third best forward

Essendon - no, likely losing Stringer and not doing much else.

Fremantle - yes, adding Bolton

Geelong - probably. Adding Smith but losing Tuohy and Hawkins. Assuming Oliver isn't happening...

Gold Coast - probably. Adding Rioli and Noble but losing Lukosius.

GWS - no, gaining Stringer but lost/losing Perryman, Cumming and Peatling

Hawthorn - yes, adding Battle and Barrass

Melbourne - no, adding Sharp... but losing ANB

North Melbourne - probably only adding Parker

Port - no, losing Houston but adding Lukosius, Richards & Atkins

Richmond - lol

Sydney - no real movement other than losing Parker?

St Kilda - probably breaking even by adding Macrae but losing Battle.

WCE - yes by adding Baker, Graham, Owies but at the same time losing 2 best 22 players in Barrass and Darling. Low base though.

Bulldogs - no. Losing Smith, Macrae and maybe Daniel but not really replacing them with much.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back