List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Life isn't fair, is it?
Maybe you should start posting training reports.
I would, but unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of not having to work full time 🙁

There was this one time though. I stood on the sidelines and expressed my deep affection towards Kayle Kirby while he was being lapped several times over by Maynard during 200m sprints along the boundary. A lot of old school posters might remember my report. Good times.

We have Naicos, Mitchell, JDG, Crisp, Perryman, Pendles, Sidebottom, Allan, Lipinski that we can rotate through the centre square.

Houston and Jaicos can probably be added to the rotation also
The midfield is a major issue. JDG cannot be relied upon whatsoever, and Mitchell is pretty much cooked. If he had the versatility to play other positions than pure mid, he might have more of a future into his mid 30's but he really doesn't. And with his incredibly poor and deteriorating athletic ability and avg kicking skills he basically needs to be racking up the pill at the level he was for the Hawks to not become a liability who gets dropped despite a fairly thin midfield.

Nick NEEDS to play alongside a midfielder who can reliably and consistently take on the heavy grunt work to allow him to shine the most, and we simply don't have that. An LDU type would be great, but prob a pipe dream, and also he seems to go through these odd spells where he coasts through games as though he can't be bothered playing, no idea if that's just a playing for Norf issue though.

The midfield is a major issue. JDG cannot be relied upon whatsoever, and Mitchell is pretty much cooked. If he had the versatility to play other positions than pure mid, he might have more of a future into his mid 30's but he really doesn't. And with his incredibly poor and deteriorating athletic ability and avg kicking skills he basically needs to be racking up the pill at the level he was for the Hawks to not become a liability who gets dropped despite a fairly thin midfield.

Nick NEEDS to play alongside a midfielder who can reliably and consistently take on the heavy grunt work to allow him to shine the most, and we simply don't have that. An LDU type would be great, but prob a pipe dream, and also he seems to go through these odd spells where he coasts through games as though he can't be bothered playing, no idea if that's just a playing for Norf issue though.
That's why we got Perryman. He's all grunt. LDU is hardly a grunt midfielders. He's JDG lite

Not sure to be honest
Nope. DFA is senior list. If you want them as a rookie you either take them in the rookie draft or as a SSP sign on.

Unless Pies can find a 6'6 defender to help Moore... Frampton has a purpose

Also you forgot he helped tremendously in the GF. He does well against those tall key defenders when he plays a s a defensive forward.
He did it in one game lol when we were down a key forward. You don't play a whole year with a defensive forward who would average 2 touches a game. He's a depth tall that is all. He was absolutely atrocious second half of last year

Then I'm afraid that you're destined to never be as popular as Jen. Sorry mate. Tough break.
What are you talking about, I have a better post/react ratio with far less effort. I got it good!

We gave up two fringe players neither of whom were particularly young as well as a future pick that we had to trade anyway…..for a dual AA (2023-24, he’s on a hat trick) with elite disposal .

And picked up a versatile ready to go defender/midfielder.

Sounds good to a rational thinker.
Never been critical of getting Perryman. Saying we need to get rid of our future first round is a pathetic cop out.

We don’t know how McGuane’s top age year will go. He may slide, we may also slide like we have after every year we have traded a future 1st

I personally hope we trade all our picks to get as high as possible and get a top 30 player who slid down due to the academy and f/s bids. Pick 34 is perfect. Then use 2 other picks for rookie upgrades.
Definitely an idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Cleary on tonight's episode of Tradies said that while Leppa is the public face of our list management, Derek Hine is still pulling a lot of strings.
Since when did Hine do list management? Just thought he did the draft recruiting. Unless they are one and the same?

Mitch Cleary on tonight's episode of Tradies said that while Leppa is the public face of our list management, Derek Hine is still pulling a lot of strings.
Great to have Hine back at the negotiating table. Last time he was involved was when we did our best trades including Beams for 5, 25 and Crisp. And getting Howe

Yeah, that's def an option we can do to open up list spots.
Like Ash could be one.

Also, we can go with 4 on the rookie list and 38 on the senior (currently we have 35) but we seem to do the other way around (36/6)
I think we'll stick to 36. Saves you a couple of hundred grand of salary cap a year. We're going to continue to recruit mature and that's the overs you pay to get a free agent.

We've got one free senior list spot after today Krueger will be delisted, Johnson moved to the rookie list, maybe Reef and Macrae too. I think we're fine.

General question …. Does it really matter if a pick slides? For example if you have pick 12 and it slides to 15 because three academy players were bid on…. What difference does it make? Those academy players weren’t available anyway unless by some miracle their team didn’t match . Which never happens early in the draft

So at pick 15 you are still getting access to the 12th best available player in the general pool…

Am I missing something here?
it’s showing why drafts are compromised. Pick 12 is basically pick 15 etc because 3 players have been picked and seen as better than the pick you have. E.g with pick 12 you are getting the 15th best player. Some drafts have more academy/fs etc than others

You've still got your training wheels on. TradeDraft has ~153,000 posts. Stop being so bloody lazy.
I have no desire to match Dave’s post output, thank you very much 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back